Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #76
vegemanNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
ok...I've measured the bar height and its 3.5" from the triple clamp to the bottom of the handle bar. The other thing that is important to me is that the rox rises allow the bars to go up and forward. With all these fixed setups the taller the bar mounts, the further backwards they go.

there are a couple of pictures here on my flickr photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32677691@N07/10451856514/

I may have consider a mount that has the clamps in them, like the renazco one, or maybe Rbott can engineer something similar...I'm sure it can happen. If it's possible to make all that, surely making a top clamp is possible.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #77
Tbone675
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Got this mount for my 690 and it is awesome! 2in rise is perfect and the quality is second to none.
Tbone675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #78
vegemanNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Ryans setup has been installed

Hey,
After some delay due to the craziness of Xmas and trying to ship stuff to me here at the bottom of the world, Ryan's bracket and mounting kit complete with KTM PHDS bar mounts, and scott damper arrived.

First thing I noticed besides the decent packaging was the quality of all the bits...shiney, polished and professional...they all looked so pretty :-D

So, once I finished my dinner...I skulked out to the garage and fitted all the bits. Considering there are no instructions, you do have to have half a brain to work out all the screws but this really wasn't too hard. I did however not want to use the KTM Torx head bolts and opted for hex head as it just makes any adjustment or repair in the field easier...but thats a personal preference and I happen to have them in my workshop.

The precision of the alignment and holes etc, was truly precise and sometimes things that are of such high accuracy can cause issue with bikes and equipment that has had a few years if wear and tear...but again, no issue.

The only step in the installation that caused a bit of thinking and some extra work was trying to fit the pin bracket around the key switch unit ,as the frame and key assembly wouldn't easily allow the bracket to slip over due to binding against the top part of the trellis frame. All that was required was to remove one of the two bolts that hold the radiator overflow bottle to the frame. This allowed more room for the key assembly to slide down, which meant the bracket now slips over the key unit and fit through the frame. Ryans kit supplies the now longer screws to reattach the key assembly and pin bracket...nice!

I trimmed the plastic shroud that surrounds the key with side cutters, as it now has a supporting bracket sticking through . As a side note that even with the bracket around the key assembly... it still allowed room from my 12V accesory port that is also tapped into the plastic shroud right next to the key..so again very cool.

All in all the unit is awesome and works perfectly.

Thanks everyone for you help.

V
Old 08-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #79
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
Hi Ryan. I want to purchase your Scott's submount through either you or Renazco. However, being it is $225 and I'll need to also buy the tower pin from Scott's I'd like to get some answers from you prior to purchasing. I'm sensing a level of secrecy about your product after reading some of your earlier posts. If I buy it I want to know it'll be supported and that the person who is making it is willing to be transparent and answer questions and help out if necessary.

So,

1) What size tower pin do I need to buy from Scott's to use with your submount? I already have the stabilizer.

2) Is the one that is on Renazco's website the 1" rise?

3) Can I buy directly from you? If so, is your pricing the same as Renazco? $225?

4) Are you including instructions with your kit? Not that I'd need them, but it's nice to have nonetheless.

5) Will your kit work with the 2014 690 Enduro R?

Thanks.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #80
Rbott OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
Hi Ryan. I want to purchase your Scott's submount through either you or Renazco. However, being it is $225 and I'll need to also buy the tower pin from Scott's I'd like to get some answers from you prior to purchasing. I'm sensing a level of secrecy about your product after reading some of your earlier posts. If I buy it I want to know it'll be supported and that the person who is making it is willing to be transparent and answer questions and help out if necessary.

So,

1) What size tower pin do I need to buy from Scott's to use with your submount? I already have the stabilizer.

2) Is the one that is on Renazco's website the 1" rise?

3) Can I buy directly from you? If so, is your pricing the same as Renazco? $225?

4) Are you including instructions with your kit? Not that I'd need them, but it's nice to have nonetheless.

Thanks.
The pin is included with my kit. You can buy diect from me or thru Renazco. I can email you the instructions. Feel free to call me at 413-441-6847.

Ryan
Rbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #81
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbott View Post
The pin is included with my kit. You can buy diect from me or thru Renazco. I can email you the instructions. Feel free to call me at 413-441-6847.

Ryan
Great! Thanks. I will order directly from you. Expect a call from me in the next few days.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #82
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,711
Nice!

With the 2" rise with stock bars will the stock length cables still work or are longer cables/brake line be needed?

Dirty
Old 08-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #83
Rbott OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
Nice!

With the 2" rise with stock bars will the stock length cables still work or are longer cables/brake line be needed?

Dirty
The 2" will fit without any issues.

Ryan
Rbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #84
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbott View Post
The 2" will fit without any issues.

Ryan
Hmmmmm......

None of ya'll know Ms. Dirty, do you?

Dirty
Old 08-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #85
The Griz
North Forest Rider

I just received and installed the Machine Underground sub mount kit. I have to say that the fit and finish is superb. Things bolted up perfectly on my 2104 690 Enduro R. I'm not sure which year KTM made this change but as you can see I did not need to trim any plastic frame shrouds. On the 2014 there is a rubber piece that goes around the ignition cylinder. All it took is removing this rubber piece. No need to trim the plastics at all. All in all great piece of kit. Even though it is the 1" kit it still feels like the bars are up pretty high. I'm not sure I like the bars this tall so we'll have to see how things go. The benefits of the stabilizer will probably outweigh my dislike of the bars being higher.