Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #166
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 2,034
Don't let Gasser's poetry fool you, he's a devious devil that guy, right after we stopped our Phoenician Road Work he looked back and said "Whew, the guys on the 450's are gonna bust their Okoles, ha ha ha ha...".

Again, if you live on this rock and you have any sort of gumption to have a fun ride you better show up (those with motorcycles stored at my house and living on a neighbor islands are exempt since nobody in their right mind would take a 650 where we plan to go), otherwise you go from Hawaii ADVlurker to ADVtroll..... Gasser is 10+ years north of me so if "Gasser Would Go!" the rest of ya'll better Cowboy Up!.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #167
Gasser
Control crash rider

Oddometer: 140
Aloha Riders of The Rocks That Roll.

This years MK 200 off road event will "have" to start at the East entrance of the DOFAW parking lot.

The course will be limited in length to the West end of the DOFAW parking lot.

All bike's in the pits must have their front wheel pointed East toward Irvfukarider's office door, if you fail to do this you will get 40 lashings with a heavy duty Baghdad IED punctured 1948 Harley inner tube---be sure you read the rules and reg's to avoid this.

The Taliban top Mullah Ra'ga'stopufun, not wanting a rider revolt, allowed the course to weave in an out of two parking stalls and over one six inch tall cement parking curb, they set the speed limit @ 5 Mph because of limited $2000,000 dollar insurance policy of the Obama Liberal Bleeding Heart Tree Hugger Insurance Corporation, that is now overriding American's freedom's for our best interest.

Only white 12 ft long by 6 inch wide DOT approved muslin rag Turbans can be used as crash helmet's.

Only DOFAW forestry approved fire proof muslin cloth robes for riding gear will be accepted.

Only organic grass fed 100% camel skin leather sandals with a certified prayed upon before slaughtered PETA stamp will be allowed for foot protection.

Note if you ware socks they must not be wool, only cotton is allowed because of PETA restrictions.

We motorcycle riders, now named, by the DNLR, as the, "Hells Angles Off the F---ing Road Riders", tried to get the course extended an extra 10 feet, but second in command Mullah Irvfukarider fought it to the point of wanting to Pahoehoe rock our spokesman, so we backed off humbly bowing, taking what they forced upon us passive off road riders.

The tech inspector Irvfukarider will left hand middle finger check each riders anal orifice for a Taliban approved methane fart screen and his assistant's will also inspect your street legal motorcycle muffler and carburetor, so make damn sure you have their 1/8 inch hole Forest approved restrictor plates at both ends.

20 riders will leave the start line on each minute, with a secret check some where in the 100 foot long course.

Also at each white lined parking stall turn, you must stop pull a check and lick the Jihadist black Jack Sandal's of the pot belly gun toting gold badge tarmac parking lot white line enforcers, failing to do this will cost you extra points that will have a compounding State Taxation fix at the end of the year---so riders make damn sure you can lick fast and clean.

Have fun, see you there on "Off the F---ing Road Last of The Good Old Days Death of America Memorial DOFAW Parking lot Enduro".

After the enduro event, finisher T-shirts will be stealthy handed out at our undercover outlaw BBQ deep in the Kulani rain Forest Reserve where the oversized morbidly obesity Taliban mentality Tree Hugging Enforcers will have a heart attack going through spooge and ponds trail's trying to get to us.

Gofasterthantheirbadgeandbullets

~Gasser~

Attached Images

Gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #168
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 970
At least the route to the BBQ sounds like fun!
Where do I sign up!

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #169
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront
At least the route to the BBQ sounds like fun!
Where do I sign up!
Stay tuned sfront!!! Since we're not clearing MK200 trails this year there's gonna be a ton of fun dualsport rides for the next five months!

PS: Gasser, we need to make that a real shirt!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #170
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 970
As long as there's one when I'm there!
Bike is yet to be determined.

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #171
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront
Bike is yet to be determined.
There's another 400 on CL, this one with a plate and on Oahu, I can get the skinny on it if you want.

PS: We dodged the bullet today, my morning started with a 0130 call to go to the county EOC, fortunately I hadn't even had enough sleep for a hangover to set in....
Old 02-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #172
Braunry
gravel grinder

Oddometer: 124
Wild times at Hilo Bay?
Braunry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #173
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunry
Wild times at Hilo Bay?
Today it's gonna be wild times at Keaau Bay, we're taking a second look at Gasser's trails.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #174
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper
Today it's gonna be wild times at Keaau Bay, we're taking a second look at Gasser's trails.
Isn't that the place you took me dodging roots, basalt flows and trees?

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #175
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,685
Just wondering what mc dealers there are on the Big Island? I found a Suzuki dealer and a Harley-Davidson dealer listed in Kona. Any Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki dealers on the island?

My wife is trying to talk me into buying a house near Pahoa where my daughter lives. First thing I do when considering moving anywhere is check out what's in that area motorcycle related. I've ridden since I was eight years old (now 56) and owned maybe 24 bikes-many dual sports.

A move from the mainland seems like a huge risk.

I've been to Maui maybe eight times since our fist trip in 1980.We rented a 1980 Honda CB750F and rode it for 500 miles in five days.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Birdmove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #176
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
Isn't that the place you took me dodging roots, basalt flows and trees?
A bit further East, pretty much all single track reclaimed pig trails minus that portion popping off of the "Beach", what makes it a bit of a challenge is you hit the lava cold w/o any warm-up if you start at Gasser's place. I wouldn't want to ride anything bigger than a 250F in there since it's tight, rocky, thick, and muggy... Come to think of it there are root sections too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmove
Just wondering what mc dealers there are on the Big Island?
Kiser Honda in Kona has Hondas, KTMs, Kawasakis, and Yamahas, we rode through Pahoa today, got some good mexican food there and I hear the Kava Bar is top notch too!!! Cycle Sports in Hilo is pretty much Suzuki's.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #177
Gasser
Control crash rider

Traces of plastic & aluminum on trail 69

If it spins the tire it's motorcycle.

Quote:
A bit further East, pretty much all single track reclaimed pig trails minus that portion popping off of the "Beach", what makes it a bit of a challenge is you hit the lava cold w/o any warm-up if you start at Gasser's place. I wouldn't want to ride anything bigger than a 250F in there since it's tight, rocky, thick, and muggy... Come to think of it there are root sections too!

Yo Robert, good fun ride today on Trail 69, but my Go Pro camera let me down again, recording zero, ready to toss it.

March 7th ride may be a wet one braking the drought, 19 years ago on my 50th over the hill B day it rained so hard that all low spots in the pahoehoe trail from my house were deep, deep, deep, so much so four bikes drowned out before we got to that ocean boulder wall that we crossed over today, so don't be surprised if this next ride turns into a survival ride in those sections we road today.

Mike must have booted his 450 Yami to life an easy 500 times, I told him to turn up the idle, keep the revs up and slip the snot out of the clutch, but he tried to tractor it at a near idle through all the short tight slippery rocky inclines.

Damn I'm pissed that my video shitted out, there was some good LOL struggle your okoli off stuff out there today, glad my KTM gave me an some what effortless senior citizen ride, it needs a hot coffee cup holder waiting for catch up's.

You saw I had a hard time following my own taged trail.

I've got to walk the jungle trails with iridescent pink spray paint with an arrow stencil to mark it better before the 7th of March, but that's a lot of work just walking in that rooty, rocky, slimy, jungle, even with out clumsy MC boots and riding gear on.

You got to duct tape your vid cam on helmet for the next ride, cause the those not familiar with what's coming up every 10 feet will be doing a lot of LOL slow speed horizontal parking.

Shoots I hope we find my tool pack somewhere on the trail next week...the next pack I put on the rear fender I'm going to cosmic weld that puppy on so good, it will take a stink'en week to get into it, if need too.

sign of the times> "DNLR sez no horizontal parking in the tall grass or a'a' ".

Kiser Honda in Kona has Hondas, KTMs, Kawasakis, and Yamahas, we rode through Pahoa today, got some good mexican food there and I hear the Kava Bar is top notch too!!! Cycle Sports in Hilo is pretty much Suzuki's.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 AM   #178
Gasser
Control crash rider

Inside the brain of a Mauna Kea 200 enduro rider

Go faster than it can be horizontally parked
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #179
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser
You saw I had a hard time following my own taged trail.
I believe you did that intentionally so you wouldn't smack into that 3' ledge that was 1 1/2 bike lengths after the 4' drop, my nads are still reminding me of the steering damper induced pain! I guess that's one disadvantage to Scott's under the bar mounting position...

Good times!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #180
Gasser
Control crash rider

MK200 operational training manual chapter 1 No Fear

Quote:
I believe you did that intentionally so you wouldn't smack into that 3' ledge that was 1 1/2 bike lengths after the 4' drop, my nads are still reminding me of the steering damper induced pain! I guess that's one disadvantage to Scott's under the bar mounting position...

Good times!!!
Shootz Robert sorry bout that, that spot in Trail 69, it will now be issued a nomenclature of > Lava Puka MC-250-Gonad Buster Ordinance with a SCLPF (short cuss long pain fuse).

Too defuse a MC250-GB with a SCLPF> the right hand must quickly counter clockwise rotate US issued rubber grip from 12 Oclock to approximately six-Oclock as the left hand quickly releases the leverage manipulating lever releasing spring tension upon rotating parts within the MC-250-GB causing an internal gear ratio tork surge into a rotating knobby traction explosion, propelling US issued GI grunt occupant a safe height and distance on any of many Trail 69 dangerous detents in rout to objective code named> Finish/Beer/Bench/Race/LOL, anything short of this in operational training manual MK200-chapter 1 No Fear>> paragraph 1 "Go faster than the crash" will cause sever abdominal pain or other Murphy's Lava Law injury's.

Demonstrator post!

Yo sarg!

Private! Mount MC-250-GB

Yo Sarg!

Private! twist that throttle you pussy!

Troop's, take note of speed and trajectory, this operational procedure will leave no man behind!

Ten---shion!! take ten, expect five, get three.

Fall--------out!!!!