Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #556
rkover1
doc

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan.riner View Post
We've shipped a lot of bikes through DHX (Dependable Hawaiian Express). I've also used ABF but they have a terminal in Honolulu. Not sure about Kauai but they can forward I'm sure.
Mahalo. I'll give them a try. I got a quote from ABF a year ago, when I though I was headed to 'Oahu.

doc
Old 03-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #557
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommer View Post
sounds good, give me a shout when you get in. like i said im off weekends. love to ride! so its on!!
OK apparently everyone is hurting over there. The only thing I could get was a HD soft tail. So at least I've got something to ride. I'll PM ya when I get settled friday the 23rd. Thanks John

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #558
snoobar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Aloha, Hawai'i !

i am in the market of buying some new tires for my DR 650 and I am having a hard time trying to find any place that stocks or even orders half way decent stock.

any of you riders used any shop on the islands? or any mainland shop willing to sell and ship?

thanks!

s.
snoobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #559
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoobar View Post
Aloha, Hawai'i !

i am in the market of buying some new tires for my DR 650 and I am having a hard time trying to find any place that stocks or even orders half way decent stock.

any of you riders used any shop on the islands? or any mainland shop willing to sell and ship?

thanks!

s.

Did you try Hawaii Rides up in Wahiawa? 651 Kilani Avenue Wahiawa, HI 96786 (808) 621-6686, http://www.hawaiiridesinc.com/

Also Competition Dirt in Waipahu. 94-503 Ukee St Ste 403, Waipahu, HI 96797,808-671-3737

There's also South Seas, 3149 North Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, HI 96819, (808) 836-1144 They have a good bunch of guys in the parts and accessories area.

Where have you tried that you haven't been able to get tires? I would think that all three of the above would either have, or could get, tires for your bike.

- Ken

wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #560
snoobar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I tried the honda dealership on nimitz and south seas. i spoke with the parts clerks and they were all courteous and helpful, but the majority of the inventory was not available or $$. I am looking for some Avon or Shinko tires for my DR. I am gonna try and call Carl @ Procycle and see if i can get some shipped. I'll give a call to Hawaii Rides & Competition Dirt.

thanks for the tip, Ken

S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
Did you try Hawaii Rides up in Wahiawa? 651 Kilani Avenue Wahiawa, HI 96786 (808) 621-6686, http://www.hawaiiridesinc.com/

Also Competition Dirt in Waipahu. 94-503 Ukee St Ste 403, Waipahu, HI 96797,808-671-3737

There's also South Seas, 3149 North Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, HI 96819, (808) 836-1144 They have a good bunch of guys in the parts and accessories area.

Where have you tried that you haven't been able to get tires? I would think that all three of the above would either have, or could get, tires for your bike.

- Ken

snoobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #561
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 641
I seem to remember tires just plain being more expensive there in Hawaii. Especially if they ahve to be special ordered. The Harley shop down the street from South Seas on Nimitz HWY might have something in stock. You might also try Motorcycle Superstore or Rocky Mountain ATV and ask customer service about their shipping policies to Hawaii. I think I remember tires going on the slow boat.

Good luck either way.
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #562
stan.riner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
I seem to remember tires just plain being more expensive there in Hawaii. Especially if they ahve to be special ordered. The Harley shop down the street from South Seas on Nimitz HWY might have something in stock. You might also try Motorcycle Superstore or Rocky Mountain ATV and ask customer service about their shipping policies to Hawaii. I think I remember tires going on the slow boat.

Good luck either way.
See Kim at Cycle Sports Iwilei. They order from Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited so it shouldn't be that bad.

stan.riner screwed with this post 04-10-2012 at 09:21 AM Reason: can't spell worth a damn
stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #563
stan.riner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Sent my registration and got our plane tickets for the MK200. Going over on Wednesday morning so we can do some touristy stuff and look at property. Anyone else doing the race this year?
stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #564
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 937
We'll be there.
Already signed up and I'm in the process of getting my bike in order.
I think Jonathan from Virginia is heading out also.
We fly into Kona on the 18th.

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #565
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 1,994
Steve and Stan, You Guys can Kiss my Okole!!!

Seriously bummed not to be able to race this year, this is pretty much the first time since '05 I haven't been directly involved in course work or racing and had dabbled around with the MK200 since '93.

Currently on the mainland taking care of some family matters in Nevada, this should have been my MK200 trip. Oh well, I haven't twisted a throttle since I rode the KTM into the storage room after cleaning it last year so I'm probably saving myself from a Brutal Thrashing!

Keep it Pinned and Best of Luck!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #566
ksmason71
Mason

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmason71 View Post
I'm looking for a place to rent ADV bikes on Maui. All I can find is Harleys. I'm mostly going to be riding on the road unless someone has some cool trails they can show me. It'd be great if I could find maybe a GS to rent but I'm open to anything.

If you own a bike and are looking to make some cash by renting it out I'm open to that too.

I'll be there July 30th to June 8th.
Follow up on my findings... I rented a wee-strom from the Eagle Rider in Lahaina. They were okay to deal with, but they were the only place that had anything other than a Harley. Here is a pic...

Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #567
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
I rode that same bike about 2 weeks ago! I also saw a black one in their Kihei location later on.

It was actually perfect for what it was. I highly recommend the loop on the northwest side going past Kapalua ending up in Wailuku. Best motorcycle road I've been on.

We did a two day rental on that, 2up with my wife. I'm glad we had the smaller Wee for it because some of those twisties were really tight and the lighter weight was nice for the slower speed stuff. We did one day on the coast and one day going Upcountry. Also a very nice ride and a little off the tourist track.

Two days later my wife said 'let's get the Harley today'....Now I'm not a huge HD guy, but who am I to argue when she wants another day of motorcycling?!

That was my first time on something like that. I will say this for it....it was smoother than I thought it would be when we were at speed and I did find it fairly comfortable. Also having that extra weight was nice in the crosswinds on the highway (it was really windy when we were there). However, slow speed parking lot maneuvers are definitely a challenge on that 800+lb gorilla and I'm glad I had the Wee on the twisties.

(but now that my wife has been spoiled with the luxury backrest and comfort, she'll be eyeing up all the heavy touring bikes I'm sure).

C
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #568
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,209
I did a loop around Maui last year to Hana, in a car though. Strange how going down it was almost like desert, dry with cactus, and amazingly lush and rain forest wet coming back up the other way.

Only wish I'd been on a bike.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #569
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 1,994
Just in case you have a bike:

There's a two day 400 mile DS ride on 23 and 24 November 2012, the 25th must be reserved for a trail ride....

Southest US Thumper screwed with this post 07-23-2012 at 08:12 AM
Southest US Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #570
mommer
bring on the world!!!!

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper View Post
Just in case you have a bike:

There's a two day 400 mile DS ride on 23 and 24 Novemeber 2012, the 25th must be reserved for a trail ride....

hey thumper,
if i have my driver liscence back i would love to come over for this ride! who is in charge of it? and how do i get into it?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/g...UkefvUtpvQzqzl
mommer is offline   Reply With Quote