User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #46
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 1,992
Saw some Snow

Hit the slopes today, kinda, well, w/o any snow toys....

Old 01-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #47
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,308
With all the weather and Hoilday stuff I forgot about this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRR-kat
RR,
If you are former military or Fed Gov employee, the Hale Koa in Waikiki is a good deal. You might try a local travel agent for package deals; they book seats in bulk and can offer good prices.

You won't have much competition with this economy.
Thanks for the info XRR-kat, that was the first place I checked but they were booked all through Feb. and March.

We did find a nice place in Hauula, and will be flying out Feb. 5th

Now where to go and what to see???? I know I'll find plenty, and I'm going to do my best to see as much as the Island as I can, staying out of the big city's

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #48
Rascus
The Realist

Oddometer: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash

Thanks for the info XRR-kat, that was the first place I checked but they were booked all through Feb. and March.

Now where to go and what to see???? I know I'll find plenty, and I'm going to do my best to see as much as the Island as I can, staying out of the big city's
Are you going to just Oahu or you hitting some of the other islands?

On Oahu, you definitely have to go to the Arizona memorial. Do a Luau, Paradise Cove at the Ko Olina resort is good. You could head up to the Polynesian Culture Center but that can be some bucks, nice drive up there though. Also go up to the Dole Plantation.
Rascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #49
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascus

On Oahu, you definitely have to go to the Arizona memorial. Do a Luau, Paradise Cove at the Ko Olina resort is good. You could head up to the Polynesian Culture Center but that can be some bucks, nice drive up there though. Also go up to the Dole Plantation.
Prolly just Oahu and yes the Arizona memorial is on the short list. We'll be staying in Hauula so we won't be to far from the PCC, the Dole Plantation sounds cool.................taking notes..........Thanks

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #50
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,177
The earlier you get to any of those places the better off you will be. No way to avoid the "big city" here on Oahu.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #51
sandgroper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash

nice choice, you are about as far away from Waikiki as you could be without heading pack. enjoy your holiday
ed
sandgroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #52
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascus

We'll be staying near the PCC and the wife wants to go a to Luau, but I'm a cheap ass (need money to rent a bike) I'll check out Paradise Cove..................and Pearl Harbor is on the top of the list.

Still taking notes...................Thanks

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 02-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #53
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x
The earlier you get to any of those places the better off you will be. No way to avoid the "big city" here on Oahu.
Yeah, that's what I'm hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgroper
nice choice, you are about as far away from Waikiki as you could be without heading pack. enjoy your holiday
ed
That's what I wanted, and I know I'll enjoy it

Thanks

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #54
peanut_gallery
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Hey Thumper where abouts down south are you. Im up in Kona.

If you see a guy on a red Nighthawk with a black Rev'it jacket and white helmet, thats me. Its cool to see some Hawaii folk here on ADV.

I'd love to ride the Hawk up Mouna Kea but i have zero dirt skills and it would make for an interesting ride.

There is a natural human reluctance to abandon ones entire life and start over somewhere else - Jeff Lindsay
peanut_gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #55
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut_gallery
Hey Thumper where abouts down south are you. Im up in Kona.
I'm over in Hilo and a little norther than the time I took the F to South Point.... I think Kawidual is moving your way and Gabe (forgot his screen name) is in Kona now.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #56
IB Mike
Ex-Wingabego Rider

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
just got back from the northshore this morning on the 08 GS adventure...met another GSA rider in the Pipeline parking lot.. he is 2Adventure on here. I know another GSA owner up at Schofield Bks.. but can never remember his name. We need a Hawaii subforum

You stationed at Camp Smith? I was there in Jan and saw a nice bike in the parking lot.

Y'all have another ADV rider headed that way... I'll be there in May; stationed at Camp Smith. I went to the dark side and bought my first HD... figured I couldn't do any long rides, so why not by a Hog... lol
So I dropped $30k on an '09 CVO Road Glide.

From reading the thread, sounds like my GSA is going to be a bit much for most of the riding there? I am debating on leaving it in Seattle, so I have something to ride on the main land. Think I should go ahead and bring it? Up side to leaving would be I'd be able to get back and get some long riding in... but hate to just leave it to gather dust and only get ridden once a year.

Unfortunately my wife isn't getting her join spouse assignment until Jan, so I'll have to find somewhere smaller to live... but when she gets there in Jan, our plan is to do it right and rent a place right on a beach, or as close to one as we can get. Probably only gonna live in Hawai'i once, might as well do it right!

See y'all soon!
Mike
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #57
IB Mike
Ex-Wingabego Rider

Quote:
just got back from the northshore this morning on the 08 GS adventure...met another GSA rider in the Pipeline parking lot.. he is 2Adventure on here. I know another GSA owner up at Schofield Bks.. but can never remember his name. We need a Hawaii subforum

You stationed at Camp Smith? I was there in Jan and saw a nice bike in the parking lot.

Y'all have another ADV rider headed that way... I'll be there in May; stationed at Camp Smith. I went to the dark side and bought my first HD... figured I couldn't do any long rides, so why not by a Hog... lol

From reading the thread, sounds like my GSA is going to be a bit much for most of the riding there? I am debating on leaving it in Seattle, so I have something to ride on the main land. Think I should go ahead and bring it? Up side to leaving would be I'd be able to get back and get some long riding in... but hate to just leave it to gather dust and only get ridden once a year.

Unfortunately my wife isn't getting her join spouse assignment until Jan, so I'll have to find somewhere smaller to live... but when she gets there in Jan, our plan is to do it right and rent a place right on a beach, or as close to one as we can get. Probably only gonna live in Hawai'i once, might as well do it right!

See y'all soon!
Mike
Old 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #58
IB Mike
Ex-Wingabego Rider

Quote:
Quote:

See y'all soon!
Mike
Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #59
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,177
Laugh

Trying to get your point across??? I would leave your GSA on the mainland, bring the HD. There is really no offroad GSA riding available on Oahu, probably more on Maui and the Big Island. The ferry to Hawaii has been delayed at least a year, so unless you freight it over there on Young Bros, a rental is the only option. If you leave the GSA on the mainland you will be able to hop on a MAC flight and have a bike waiting for you. I bought my GSA strictly for when I return to the mainland... although I am having fun on the few twisties we have here.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #60
IB Mike
Ex-Wingabego Rider

Quote:
Trying to get your point across??? I would leave your GSA on the mainland, bring the HD. There is really no offroad GSA riding available on Oahu, probably more on Maui and the Big Island. The ferry to Hawaii has been delayed at least a year, so unless you freight it over there on Young Bros, a rental is the only option. If you leave the GSA on the mainland you will be able to hop on a MAC flight and have a bike waiting for you. I bought my GSA strictly for when I return to the mainland... although I am having fun on the few twisties we have here.

My bad, guess I double tapped the submit button.

Tough call on the GSA... hate to have it going to waste by only riding it once a year... but love it too much to sell it. Guess I've got a couple months to decide... lol