Yupper!!!

yupper

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 01-27-2009 at 06:47 PM
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #19
Tappet
Feral

Oddometer: 1,451
What a nice bike. That thing has RTW written all over it...

Tappet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #20
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 2,016
Great report. Looking forward to more.

Endurance.

Cute, but sinister children.

A kickass bike, a challenge.
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:07 AM   #21
grnKLR650
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Awesome trip !

Hey looks like it was a great trip even though the bike had it's issues.

Of course you made me feel gulity for not submitting a report from my RAC.
grnKLR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #22
ringo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
poopy pants

Hey Jenna did you get the poopy pants while on the bridge? Awesome trip, nice write up. The new tank and other mods look great on the ST.
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #23
K75STER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Nice RR, What helmet are you using in the self portrait-looks like an internal retractable visor thingamajig

How do you like it??
K75STER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #24
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,063
Hey all, thanks for the support. never have done one before. had nothing to write about, "went to work, some dude almost rearended me, gave him a dirty look, drank beer" Ohh, exciting!!! K75, Arai XD3, no visor just my beautiful black ass hair. Poopy pants just reminded me of being a hooligan kid again. just made me smile. I did get a little pee pee pants in excitement!!! TMI thanks all!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #25
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Got up around 4.30am to take my morning S&S, then I remembered I forgot to bring a towel...yeah quick dry socks!!! I am a moron, I only learn from my mistakes. Had a spot of tea and oatmeal to rearup for my IronButt!! Got to the crotchy lady's gas station, bought a can of spagettios, and asked the guy behind the counter to be my start witness. he didn't hesitate, wished me luck, and told me to be very careful around the lake...Okay?

So for my first real trip, and my first try for an Iron Butt, I was given the best weather to do it in!

38degrees
Old 10-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #26
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

It was 38 and a steady drizzle. f'ing great, really nice, thanks for that, yes i am a big baby

iron
Old 10-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #27
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Took me about 45 minutes to cross the border into CA. Sault Ste Marie was pretty hectic compared to hwy28 in the UP. Hey did you know that if it's rainy and cold in the states and then you cross the border into Canada, the weather is the same?! Now you do! It was so beautiful and just barren on the kings hwy17, you have to have some thick skin to live and work up here, even canadian moose are bad ass!!!

moose

So, about 350miles into my journey i noticed my battery meter kept kicking up on my IMO. WTF!? 11.7volts!! Shit, this can't be good. The display began to fade so I pulled over here...

ob1
Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #28
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Now, I am no dumb ass but basic electrics just don't want to stay in my brain. I've changed the Rotor in my /5 but that was because someone else with knowledge told me to. I hadn't brought a voltmeter with me anyway, and I was in the middle of nowhere, 'bout 126miles to the next gas station. So I did what I knew...I removed all the bulbs and turned the IMO off, cleaned the terminals and bump started the bitch...now I need a nap. Hauled ass to the next town, Terrece Bay, and she died on me right there coasting in to the parking lot of the citgo. Not sure what to do since T-mobile sucks and there was no payphone around, I went inside, put my sad face on and asked the clerk for a battery charge. No such luck...back outside. Then I had a great idea, I could ask someone for help!!! I am stubborn... So the first guy I see is wearing dark grey dickies head to toe and a pair of georgia boots. I liked the looks of this dude, so I asked him for a jump. So he gave me one, it lacked style but he got a good 8 inches of height off the ground...smart ass.

tony
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #29
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Tony...that dude saved my ass. He was a union pipefitter that was removing a sprinkler system in a plant down the street that had closed. He was staying down the street at the Norwood hotel where the tenents were either working on the plant or shooting moose. I followed him back there and hooked the bike up to the van for an hour...I'm not going to make it, the iron butt is over, oh well, now its a real adventure!!! No rooms at the norwood, but Tony fixed that.. He got Pat the manager to call the other rooms being held and one guy was still 6hours away from his room, so I got it for the nite!!! Ahhh, warm shower with a towel, clean clothes, and Tonys got a drag racing buddy down the street with a battery charger, sweet.
The Norwood Crew
norwood
Old 10-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #30
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Otto
otto
Dude posed for this one!!! He had some hoped up mid 80's mustang that he was selling the motor out of, they talk cars and drag racing for a bit, he offed us some puff, and wished me luck. We talked Urals with BMW motors in them and how in the hell are you supposed to change the oil filter?! Otto rules, he's in Terrace Bay if you need him, Birkenstocks and all...thats why they call it dope. Yee haw!!!