Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #3226
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Called and looking at in in the morning. I'm in sac.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #3227
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Called and looking at in in the morning. I'm in sac.

Nice, be sure to get some pics of that baby

Weren't you looking for the front tanks anyways?...I was just about to PM you :P

Even if you just dont need/want the rear tank....I am in for a trade of some kind :)
TobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #3228
nomad5326
Xventurous

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
My forks are not limited; I had to ditch the stock Dakar fender/beak (the horn box would hit the tire when the forks bottomed out) and bought an Acerbis motard fender for $28 that works great. Click on my sig line for the Dakar to see pix.
Nice Pic GSBS! Hell, it would be nice if ALL you converts had a pic of your bikes w/the labels of mods so us plagiarizers could have a shopping list! Liking your and Farkleface and Parx400 front/rear ends.

nomad5326 screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 12:26 PM
nomad5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #3229
Clob
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I'm happy to hear from Richard that HoH is designing a new top tripple based on the Yammy clamp but also mounts the ignition so the steering lock will work. Seems they are going to some effort with the new sertrao. I Hope it works out a reasonable price.
Clob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #3230
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clob View Post
I'm happy to hear from Richard that HoH is designing a new top tripple based on the Yammy clamp but also mounts the ignition so the steering lock will work. Seems they are going to some effort with the new sertrao. I Hope it works out a reasonable price.
That is fantastic news. Not having a plug and play triple clamp for retaining the ignition lock is what's stopped me from doing the upgrade.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #3231
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
have any of you guys rebuilt your forks after having Richard lower them? I just wonder if I need to do anything different. where is the lowering spacer?
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #3232
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
There is the thread re group purchase of ignition switch mount elsewhere on advrider but it seems people thought the price was too high. One of the F650.com crowd (CG2005) would be capable of making them at a reasonable price but getting him the dimensions & motivating him etc would be needed
WayneC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #3233
nomad5326
Xventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneC1 View Post
There is the thread re group purchase of ignition switch mount elsewhere on advrider but it seems people thought the price was too high. One of the F650.com crowd (CG2005) would be capable of making them at a reasonable price but getting him the dimensions & motivating him etc would be needed

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777057 Price is dropped for 5 and 10. We've been waiting on 10
Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #3234
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Question about front wheel axle spacers

Ok i had an axle made to run the YZ forks with the stock GS wheel (want to retain the abs) Tonight I did a test fit of the axle in the forks with the BMW wheel, to get an idea of the spacers I would need. Upon doing this the bolts that hold the rotor/abs ring on will hit (or be very close) to the fork leg if I try and run the wheel anywhere close to centered in the YZ forks? It also looks as if those bolts are occuping the same space as the lower caliper bracket, making it very difficult to fab a bracket. I haven't read of any one else having this problem. Do I have something wrong or am I just being too careful? How much off set (side to side) are you guys running on the front axle spacers? thanks, Adam
Trialsbikeadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #3235
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialsbikeadam View Post
Ok i had an axle made to run the YZ forks with the stock GS wheel (want to retain the abs) Tonight I did a test fit of the axle in the forks with the BMW wheel, to get an idea of the spacers I would need. Upon doing this the bolts that hold the rotor/abs ring on will hit (or be very close) to the fork leg if I try and run the wheel anywhere close to centered in the YZ forks? It also looks as if those bolts are occuping the same space as the lower caliper bracket, making it very difficult to fab a bracket. I haven't read of any one else having this problem. Do I have something wrong or am I just being too careful? How much off set (side to side) are you guys running on the front axle spacers? thanks, Adam

Here are some pics to illustrate my problem.

Here is the wheel centered. 30mm from lip of rim to the fork tube on each side.

Here's the same bolts interfering on the lower caliper mount.
Still centered.

Here's a 4mm offset. This gives just enough clearance for the bolts, but the wheel is visually noticablly offset in the forks.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #3236
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

May have answered some of my own question Only had to re-read the first 38 pages-again Still any advice is appreciated!!!

step 2: on the inside of the left fork is a little nipple that needs to be filed down about 2mm. you may or may not have done this already. you can see in the first picture below where the bolts for the ABS ring hit it if you don't file it down.

before:

Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #3237
jsager
n00b

Oddometer: 7
For those tackling this project, I have a complete front end available for this project - forks, clamps, 21" wheels, rotor, brake, you name it. I was going to do the fork swap, but just bought another bike instead and never got around to doing it.
jsager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #3238
Damian_74
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Disc Bolt

I had clearance issues with my disc bolts – as I had dumped the ABS (that is worth 5kg’s) no ABS ring to get in the way.
Conter sink the disc mounting holes and visit your local bolt shop.
10.9 or better bolts.

Damian_74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #3239
nomad5326
Xventurous

From Jason at Hawk Enginerring;

"We have enough parts to make one last kit the machinist tells me. The only thing is the nut will not be hard coated unless you want to wait a while until we can send it out with other parts to get that done. It would be bare aluminum.

I will have to raise the price to $550 or have 5 orders to keep it at $500 to let you know if anyone asks. The caliper bracket just takes too much to make."

Jason Hawk
Hawk Engineering Inc.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #3240
kion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Anyone here needs a Dakar side stand for their conversion? I got one for sale here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...9#post19122839

And btw what are the rear suspension options these days?
kion is offline   Reply With Quote