Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #331
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco Racing Store
Griz: any stress points on the pipe that could be causing a leak?
Good question. I will check. As far as I know though, no, I don't have any leaks or cracks. A couple of weeks ago I even sealed all of the LV Carbon joints with high temp silicone.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #332
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,742
Width?

I may treat myself to a new can for Christmas.
Read through this entire thread. Learned a bunch about cost, value, looks, weight, sound, & baffle types.
One of my biggest criteria is width. Anyone have any stats or opinions on what can sticks out the side the least? Or how much closer in yours are over stock?
I'm using soft bags now, with the left laying directly on a homemade shroud 1/4 " off the can. Like to move to hard cases with close to a symmetrical set up.

I'm kinda leaning toward the LV can.

Thanks

Endless Mountains,PA
Mark5PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #333
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco Racing Store
Griz: any stress points on the pipe that could be causing a leak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
Good question. I will check. As far as I know though, no, I don't have any leaks or cracks. A couple of weeks ago I even sealed all of the LV Carbon joints with high temp silicone.
UPDATE: After installing a running the Booster Plug for a while now, popping in the exhaust has been minimized if not eliminated. The popping problem originated from a lean mixture condition due to running a Uni air filter a LV Carbon exhaust, not from a bad seal within the exhaust system. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark5PA
I may treat myself to a new can for Christmas.
Read through this entire thread. Learned a bunch about cost, value, looks, weight, sound, & baffle types.
One of my biggest criteria is width. Anyone have any stats or opinions on what can sticks out the side the least? Or how much closer in yours are over stock?
I'm using soft bags now, with the left laying directly on a homemade shroud 1/4 " off the can. Like to move to hard cases with close to a symmetrical set up.

I'm kinda leaning toward the LV can.

Thanks
Most aftermarket exhausts stick out horizontally about the same width. there are 1 or 2 out there that tuck in a RCH more (Metal Mule), and 1 or 2 out there that stick out a RCH more (). But again, horizontal width wise they're all pretty close.

The LV is sweet, especially for the price. I've seen in person Akros and BOS's, but you're really not getting much more for that much more money. They're ripping you off pretty good!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #334
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Width

I'm a bit stumped. I thought most all of the aftermarket cans were a bunch smaller diameter than stock, especially width wise for the LV oval. If they all stick out the side that much, I'll stick with the can I have.

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 11-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #335
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Oddometer: 242
Mark, a lot of the overall width would be dependent on the final orientation of the muffler itself. However, as shown in the 8117 Tech Drawing, the width of the silencer is 95mm. From centerline, that works out to 47.5mm offset from the theoretical center of the stock silencer - I think you'd find that the final width is much reduced. There are a number of before/after photos in various threads here that show an apparent reduction in width.

As a side note, we've received a lot of requests for additional 8117 (Carbon) and 8116 (Aluminum) silencers for the F800 since we sold the last of them a few weeks ago. As such, we've asked LeoVince to produce 6 8117's and 2 8116's for us (they're technically discontinued, so they have to tool up and build them from scratch) and will be listing them on the store for pre-purchase as soon as we have confirmation that they're going on the container for shipment.

Just coming off the Thanksgiving festivities - hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Renazco Racing

Online store: http://www.renazcoracing.com
Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT
Email: store@renazcoracing.com

Renazco Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #336
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Scott. Going to check my stock big ass can in the morn. But I'm sure it's way more than 3.75".

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 11-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #337
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
I'm a bit stumped. I thought most all of the aftermarket cans were a bunch smaller diameter than stock, especially width wise for the LV oval. If they all stick out the side that much, I'll stick with the can I have.
No, what I meant is that most aftermarket exhausts DON'T stick out horizontally as much as the stock can. Just that all the aftermarket cans are pretty equal laterally.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #338
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
No, what I meant is that most aftermarket exhausts DON'T stick out horizontally as much as the stock can. Just that all the aftermarket cans are pretty equal laterally.
Gotya.

If you or any one else have any pix from the front or back down at the tail, could you post them?

With a little bracket work, is there enough play in the pipe to angle the end of the can inboard an inch or so?

Thanks
Mark

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #339
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
http://f800depot.com/f800gs-items-ex...-c-49_116.html

anybody run one of these twalcoms?

Ti or Alu?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #340
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Is that a King Air under your arm in your avatar?
My last corporate job was in a Sabreliner.

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 11-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #341
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
a half a kingair lol PC12

Quote:
Is that a King Air under your arm in your avatar?
My last corporate job was in a Sabreliner.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #342
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,891
My top 2 were the Twalcom and the Remus... If I remember, the TC was a packed unit where the Remus uses internal permanent baffling (no repack required...ever).

I KNOW the Remus sounds sweet. Haven't heard a Twalcom, but hear that they sound nice as well. Also, the TC is one of the lightest along with the Beowulf (or is it Beowolf?).

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640

ride2little screwed with this post 11-30-2010 at 08:32 AM
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #343
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Gotya.

If you or any one else have any pix from the front or back down at the tail, could you post them?

With a little bracket work, is there enough play in the pipe to angle the end of the can inboard an inch or so?

Thanks
Mark
You could easily tuck the can in a bit by trimming or completely removing the spacer that goes between the motorcycle's mount point and the exhaust mounting ring.....

Looking at this pic I noticed the exhaust is a bit cock-eyed! I'll have to correct that tonight!

You could also drop the exhaust a bit if needed by fabbing up a piece of flat aluminum and drilling two holes in it.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #344
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

That's what I'm going for. Make a bracket to get the can in as far in as possible. Lower is ok.
Than get some SW Moteck removable racks & do a little welding to get them tight to the muffler.

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #345
jessehere
Ridin'

Oddometer: 760
Quote:
Gotya.

Thanks
Mark
I flipped the bracket that came with my akro pipe and pulled it in board quiote a bit. you can tell where the oem pipe would normally be by the opening in the Jesse mounts,

jessehere screwed with this post 11-30-2010 at 09:37 AM
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote