Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #436
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,190
Just squeeked in on this killer deal and mounted it up last weekend. Love the sound and seems to have a little more throttle response, but I also installed the HighTechCoonass booster plug so hard to tell exactly which mod showed the most improvement.

Its a tight fit with the LV carbon can under the wolfman luggage racks. How much clearance should there be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco Racing Store View Post
What a nice looking bike!

This is a screaming deal for LV's for those interested, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722460

soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #437
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
I'm not sure how much there "should" be, but on my previous generation LV Carbon it was very tight to my Holan balanced racks. Like 1/16". I took a piece of rubber tubing made for hot water and put it between the rack and the exhaust. It wraps around the tubing and holds itself in place. No problems yet after 10,000 miles.
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #438
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,190
Great idea! Thanks
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #439
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyanarchisto View Post
Its a tight fit with the LV carbon can under the wolfman luggage racks. How much clearance should there be?
I jumped on this deal too, but it's more than a tight fit for me - it simply doesn't work. About 1/4" off from being able to get the mounting bolt in. The pipe hits the rack and the bolt just won't line up. An adaptor is in the works.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #440
XTrooper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Love the looks and sound of the Leo Vince on my F800GS. Works fine with no fitment issues when used with the BMW Vario mounting racks.

NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
2011 BMW F800GS - Alpine White
2009 BMW R1200RT - sapphire black metallic (sold)
XTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #441
BudMor
Can't have just one.

Oddometer: 65
Muffler recommendation

I want to switch out the stock muffler for a lighter one maybe a little bit smaller in diameter to get it away from my racks a little, but I do not want one any louder than the stock exhaust.

Any recommendations.
BudMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #442
Mollygrubber
Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer: 1,249
For a start:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399548
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #443
Koby
Rennfahrer

Oddometer: 66
I think I'm going to just try to find an exhaust that happens to "fit" the OD of the factory piping that is small as possible.

I'm not a big fan of the long mufflers, a small little GP/sport bike style exhaust would be better IMHO.
Koby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #444
RobertAmsterdam
www.twbastards.com

Oddometer: 187
what i like aout the mivv carbon is that it oly weighs about 1700 grams and 1900 grams with the dbkiller in it, at first its a PITA to get the dbk out, had my fun with it, now its back in.

Although I miss the sound, maybe take it out again

Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #445
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Oddometer: 253
My new to me Akropovic

I just installed a Remus header and a Akropovic pipe. While I was at it I also put in a PC-V. Holy sh**!
The bike is SO much faster it is a little scary. I am not in love with the sound (with removed insert), but I am definitly in love with the added HP.
But all is not perfect. My crash bars dont fit. There is a bar across the middle that hits the new headers. And of course the skid plate no longer fits, which I knew going into this project. So now I suppose I need to find some fab/welder guy cut and bend and weld my parts, or maybe I can lengthen the bolts that hold on my skid.
Oh well, with the loss of weight from the old pipes and cc, and with no bars or skid plate, my bike lost about 20lbs!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #446
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post
I just installed a Remus header and a Akropovic pipe. While I was at it I also put in a PC-V. Holy sh**!
The bike is SO much faster it is a little scary. I am not in love with the sound (with removed insert), but I am definitly in love with the added HP.
But all is not perfect. My crash bars dont fit. There is a bar across the middle that hits the new headers. And of course the skid plate no longer fits, which I knew going into this project. So now I suppose I need to find some fab/welder guy cut and bend and weld my parts, or maybe I can lengthen the bolts that hold on my skid.
Oh well, with the loss of weight from the old pipes and cc, and with no bars or skid plate, my bike lost about 20lbs!
Awesome.... What map/maps did you use in the PC-5???

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #447
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Pc-v

Eh hmm. Well, since I ordered the PC specifically for my 800, I thought I would forego hauling my bike into my dining room to hook it up to the computer. My son took one laptop to college, broke it and took the other. Damn kids. So I thought I would try the pre-settings to see what happened. I REALLY like what happened. So next time I have access to a laptop I may take it out to the garage to see if I can tweak it. On the other hand I may not.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #448
2Stamp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAmsterdam View Post
what i like aout the mivv carbon is that it oly weighs about 1700 grams and 1900 grams with the dbkiller in it, at first its a PITA to get the dbk out, had my fun with it, now its back in.

I like that a lot!
2006 450EXC
2014 Honda Grom (hers)
2Stamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #449
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post
Eh hmm. Well, since I ordered the PC specifically for my 800, I thought I would forego hauling my bike into my dining room to hook it up to the computer. My son took one laptop to college, broke it and took the other. Damn kids. So I thought I would try the pre-settings to see what happened. I REALLY like what happened. So next time I have access to a laptop I may take it out to the garage to see if I can tweak it. On the other hand I may not.
Interesting..... I would encourage though....a trip to the dyno.... Just to make sure your a/f ratios are in order..... But by the increased power... I sounds like they are.... You cant go any leaner than stock....and gain more power...... How is the gas mileage????? Usually to gain a bit more power.... you need to enrichen it a bit over stock....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #450
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Pc-v

Gas Mileage? I'll have to let you know. I 've ridden it about 5 miles so far. Anybody know where I can find a dyno near Chicago? The only one I knew of (in Addison) is closed.