Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #451
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post
Gas Mileage? I'll have to let you know. I 've ridden it about 5 miles so far. Anybody know where I can find a dyno near Chicago? The only one I knew of (in Addison) is closed.
I would just start calling the motorcycle shops around there..... In the mean time..... Smell for "wet exhaust gas" smell... Like when your behind an old car.... This is not stone cold... But It is however an indicator....towards a rich running bike... and no back firing.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #452
zaner32
In over my head

Oddometer: 641
Google is your friend.... Found this..
http://www.chicagoperformance.com/cu...9I10JPMQ1304R0
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #453
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Oddometer: 254
Dyno

Give me a "duh" Zaner. But I found the same site about 2 minutes after I posted the question. Making an apt when I return from Moabia. They told me it costs 250, they keep the bike for 2 days and of course they do custom mapping.
This should be an education for me. Has anyone else done this and do they have mapping suggestions?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #454
zaner32
In over my head

Oddometer: 641
I was in Chicago back in 96. A friend of mine had work done on a gixxer 750. The shop that did the work was called Franx Machine Worx, The guy knew what he was doing... After the gixxer was put together, the bike was ridden to a sportsbike shop where the guys tuned the bike doing dyno runs. I'll PM you the name of the owner of Franx machine worx, if you can get a hold of him, he could point you in the right direction.
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #455
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Dyno testing

Dropped off the 800 yesterday at Chicago Performance. All the sport bike guys were admiring my bike, or maybe that was my imagination. They said they would "optimize" my PC-V and, no, I'm not allowed to watch. I'll do my best to report back what they did. Probably Monday. Paul
Old 03-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #456
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Dropped off the 800 yesterday at Chicago Performance. All the sport bike guys were admiring my bike, or maybe that was my imagination. They said they would "optimize" my PC-V and, no, I'm not allowed to watch. I'll do my best to report back what they did. Probably Monday. Paul
Deal breaker for me...... That's pitiful..... Specially when they are writing software maps... That if done wrong could destroy the motor...and Warranty. Worst case scenario.... but never the less I need to see the a/f ratio's.... I have seen too many shops done bad dyno's..... Hopefully this is a good shop.....and all will be fine..... Are they tuning for max. power...or max. Fuel efficiency..... since you cant have both.... or are they dual loading...and will show you how to switch maps...... Sorry if I confused you... But just trying to help.....

Erling
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 AM   #457
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Dyno

Ken at Chicago Performance "optimized" my GS. The printer was broken so he is sending the results, but he apologized for only being able to report a 3hp increase over stock. The bike runs pretty much the same as before, which is to say terrific since the 4 mods(Remus header, Akro pipe, Uni Filter and PC-V). So I don't know if it was all worth it if adding hp was my goal. But the bike FEELS quicker, faster and more powerful in virtually every gear, even sixth has added power, so I won't find it always necessary to downshift when passing.
Next? Scott's damper and a Shorei battery.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #458
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ken at Chicago Performance "optimized" my GS. The printer was broken so he is sending the results, but he apologized for only being able to report a 3hp increase over stock. The bike runs pretty much the same as before, which is to say terrific since the 4 mods(Remus header, Akro pipe, Uni Filter and PC-V). So I don't know if it was all worth it if adding hp was my goal. But the bike FEELS quicker, faster and more powerful in virtually every gear, even sixth has added power, so I won't find it always necessary to downshift when passing.
Next? Scott's damper and a Shorei battery.
Did he release the Dyno graphs..... Before and after..... It would be awesome if you could post the HP and TQ graphs here..... I for one would really like to see them.....

Erling
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #459
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,297
I'd suggest you pass on the shorai battery. The weight savings isnt worth the chance of getting stranded on a trip & difficulty in charging it. (you can only use a shorai charger). I've seen a few fail at the track on trackdays.

I went with a deka. Happy with it.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #460
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,297
Oh & glad someone reported on the PCV. I've been waiting to see the results.

Maybe post it up in a new thread?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #461
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I'd suggest you pass on the shorai battery. The weight savings isnt worth the chance of getting stranded on a trip & difficulty in charging it. (you can only use a shorai charger). I've seen a few fail at the track on trackdays.

I went with a deka. Happy with it.
You can charge these batteries with a dumb charger ie one that doesn't desuphate, pulse, recond etc. Just charges.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #462
AKSurveyor
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I'm liking my new Remus can. Headers/uni filter/PC-5 w/ autotune going in soon.
AKSurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #463
Calgary06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Does anyone know the decibel ratings of the pipes discussed in here? Calgary is going to start ticketing for excessively loud autos and bikes. I'd like a pipe that will allow a balanced pannier system but don't want anything louder (much) than stock.
Thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #464
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary06 View Post
Does anyone know the decibel ratings of the pipes discussed in here? Calgary is going to start ticketing for excessively loud autos and bikes. I'd like a pipe that will allow a balanced pannier system but don't want anything louder (much) than stock.
Thanks
Here is some SAE measurement I did on both of Leo Vince's pipes..... Before I build my own....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667297

Erling
Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #465
Calgary06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Thanks Erling,
When will you go into production for your latest evil project??
Loud or not I'll take one.
I'm almost tempted to start playing with CF myself...or perhaps you could make me a replacement body for this