Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #5566
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,802
Nope, can't do the hot rod black. Looks cool, yes. Soaks up heat, not so good. Plus I am cheap and lazy, don't want do to the jambs and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
For custom Paint it has to be House of Kolor
Yeah, screw you and your house-o-color. This ain't pimp my ride, yo!

Philip Kuntz screwed with this post 07-22-2011 at 09:53 PM
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #5567
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz View Post
Nope, can't do the hot rod black. Looks cool, yes. Soaks up heat, not so good. Plus I am cheap and lazy, don't want do to the jambs and shit.

Well then, there's always this...

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-...-paint-your-c/

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #5568
DAK1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Sailboat

Well, I don't think the crack in the hull/keel can be repaired and I think I'm going to take it to the dump.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Attached Images

Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #5569
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Yep, screw good paint, Rustoleum fits Kuntz style perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK1 View Post

Well, I don't think the crack in the hull/keel can be repaired and I think I'm going to take it to the dump.

Too bad we lost Mike he could tell you what to do. Now you have an excuse to get a bike.

jaydee1445 screwed with this post 07-24-2011 at 08:25 PM
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #5570
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

No Rustoleum, it will get good paint. Just nothing custom, I want it to blend in.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #5571
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK1 View Post

Mke a good yard ornament here in Weeki

Bring it down to The Scrub Labor Day

I'll take it home and see what my fiberglass magician says

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #5572
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,983
What Jack D says...

Or.... find the right fiberglass guy/ DIY. Just like steel objects, there aren't many fiberglass objects that can't be repaired. A few, but just a few.

Oddly enough I've just started watching the market for a sailboat in that size range, and I've seen yours at the Scrub. If you will, PM me with the particulars of the damage and any photos of the damaged areas.

Thanks,
Mark

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #5573
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

This is my ole man, two yrs ago with his $500 mustang. It sat in a field for 7 years, and all the brakes were locked up. After a flatbed ride home, it was a $600 car.

Here it is today.

Almost everything is new inside. Its a damn shame you can't buy everything in the same shade of red how you want it. Three or four different colors of red is what you end up with. The headliner matches the bright ass steering wheel. But it looks pretty nice.

Needs vacuumed already. He even put a retro sound system in it, with manual tuning knob, volume and a few presets.

I am not crazy about the vinyl back there (should have been painted IMO), but the seats match the front. They were telling him that he would have to go with a solid color rear seat.

I am not pleased with the look of the exhaust either, but he says he likes it. I think it need some chrome tips on it to fill up those holes, and stick out evenly.

Now he has started work on the shell sitting next to it. He has all of the parts to put this one together, I am sure there are a few things it will need. There is a donor car sitting behind it with a drive train. Its a numbers matching 65 with a 289, auto.

He just put new quarters on the shell. The floors are not bad on this car, and the frame looks great.

Here is the donor car, it actually drives. But this thing is done, the leaf springs are poking though the inside of the trunk. It still has snow tires on it, and New Jersey plates. Its organs however, are good.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #5574
RichardD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Jubr

I highly recommend Jam Up Boat Repairs in Sanford if you need a fiberglass guy.
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #5575
Mugwest

Oddometer: 5,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz View Post
This is my ole man, two yrs ago with his $500 mustang. It sat in a field for 7 years, and all the brakes were locked up. After a flatbed ride home, it was a $600 car.

Here it is today.

Almost everything is new inside. Its a damn shame you can't buy everything in the same shade of red how you want it. Three or four different colors of red is what you end up with. The headliner matches the bright ass steering wheel. But it looks pretty nice.

Needs vacuumed already. He even put a retro sound system in it, with manual tuning knob, volume and a few presets.

I am not crazy about the vinyl back there (should have been painted IMO), but the seats match the front. They were telling him that he would have to go with a solid color rear seat.

I am not pleased with the look of the exhaust either, but he says he likes it. I think it need some chrome tips on it to fill up those holes, and stick out evenly.

Now he has started work on the shell sitting next to it. He has all of the parts to put this one together, I am sure there are a few things it will need. There is a donor car sitting behind it with a drive train. Its a numbers matching 65 with a 289, auto.

He just put new quarters on the shell. The floors are not bad on this car, and the frame looks great.

Here is the donor car, it actually drives. But this thing is done, the leaf springs are poking though the inside of the trunk. It still has snow tires on it, and New Jersey plates. Its organs however, are good.
sweet update, Jerry.

I suspect a lot of us are tagged with the 'fix and restore it' gene

Good on Kuntz Senior
Mugwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #5576
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Glad you like! The car is filthy in those pics and they turned out badly. I didn't bother to touch them up. I need to go out and clean and wax the car for him and take some pics in full sun. The color he chose is really nice.

He let me drive it on its longest run since it has been out of the field. Its a bit scary at 80mph. A small amount of slop in the too much power steering. Its all good though, drives like an old car.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #5577
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,103
Sweet looking Mustang!

Gives me hope to finish the 'Stang in my garage!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #5578
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Eh? Mata is being arrested

Hey YFF,
Mata is being arrested for charity and we need the inmates to pitch in to raise bail. Click Here
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #5579
KimPossible
XT Diver!:)

Oddometer: 816
Grilled veggies, fried onion petals, and rib eye!!!!!!!!!!! I should have taken a picture. It is my favorite meal now.

The SV needs to be jetted, new windshield, bars raised, and a new chain. After all that, I am willing to give it a try. Although, I think selling it would be better after all that. Cause it's only going to sit in the garage until we get back from vacation next year. Will see..........

KimPossible screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 06:20 PM
KimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #5580
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
Grilled veggies, fried onion petals, and rib eye!!!!!!!!!!! I should have taken a picture. It is my favorite meal now.

The SV needs to be jetted, new windshield, bars raised, and a new chain. After all that, I am willing to give it a try. Although, I think selling it would be better after all that. Cause it's only going to sit in the garage until we get back from vacation next year. Will see..........
I'll start the bidding @ $5