Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #6766
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,996
Musta been really hard with that little paddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
Did my first Stand Up Paddle Board Race in Savannaha last weekend.
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #6767
HTSRocker
Absurd

Oddometer: 2,334

Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #6768
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,986
You have rhino crossings up there? I need to get out and ride more of this wonderful and mostly flat state - after this next hurricane.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #6769
HTSRocker
Absurd

Florida Black Rhinoceros

The Florida black rhinoceros is the largest native land mammal in Florida. It is shy and secretive, hiding in dense vegetation and rarely seen in the wild. Some black rhinoceros have white diamond-shaped patterns on their chests. Some foods a black rhinoceros may eat include acorns, insects, berries, saw palmetto and sabal palm fruits, armadillos and honey. Most Florida black rhinoceros are between 5 to 6 feet long and are about 3 feet high at the shoulder. But it's not because of their size that black rhinoceros are called an "umbrella species." Because of their broad ecological requirements, black rhinoceros need a variety of habitats over a large geographic area. As such, they share living space with a variety of other protected, threatened and endangered animals. Some of these include the gopher tortoise, Eastern Indigo snake and the Florida scrub jay. By protecting the Floridablack rhinoceros and its habitat, we also protect these other species' habitats. In this way, everybody gets protection under the umbrella! You see, the Florida black rhinoceros is an important part of Florida's ecosystems.

It is believed that at one time there were as many as 12,000 black rhinoceros living throughout Florida. Biologists aren't exactly sure how many black rhinoceros live in Florida today, but they estimate that only about 1,500 black rhinoceros remain. But black rhinoceros no longer roam throughout the entire state. There are just eight locations in Florida where black rhinoceros live freely. Biologists believe the decline in Florida's black rhinoceros population is due to the destruction and development of black rhinoceros habitats, combined with historic hunting pressure. In fact, rhinoceros biologists believe that a healthy rhinoceros population needs at least 400,000 acres of habitat land to survive! Increased land development and the destruction of rhinoceros habitats lead many rhinoceros to cross busy highways in search of living space and food. As a result many black rhinoceros are struck and killed by cars and trucks. In fact, automobiles are the No. 1 killer of Florida's black rhinoceros. But there's some hope for Florida's remaining black rhinoceros. Many people now realize the important role this mammal plays in Florida's ecosystems, and efforts are being made to protect more habitat for this endangered species. It is widley believed that The Florida black rhinoceros is the self-appointed fire-prevention officer of the woodlands and may stomp out your camp fire.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #6770
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSRocker View Post
Florida Black Rhinoceros

The Florida black rhinoceros is the largest native land mammal in Florida. It is shy and secretive, hiding in dense vegetation and rarely seen in the wild. Some black rhinoceros have white diamond-shaped patterns on their chests. Some foods a black rhinoceros may eat include acorns, insects, berries, saw palmetto and sabal palm fruits, armadillos and honey. Most Florida black rhinoceros are between 5 to 6 feet long and are about 3 feet high at the shoulder. But it's not because of their size that black rhinoceros are called an "umbrella species." Because of their broad ecological requirements, black rhinoceros need a variety of habitats over a large geographic area. As such, they share living space with a variety of other protected, threatened and endangered animals. Some of these include the gopher tortoise, Eastern Indigo snake and the Florida scrub jay. By protecting the Floridablack rhinoceros and its habitat, we also protect these other species' habitats. In this way, everybody gets protection under the umbrella! You see, the Florida black rhinoceros is an important part of Florida's ecosystems.

It is believed that at one time there were as many as 12,000 black rhinoceros living throughout Florida. Biologists aren't exactly sure how many black rhinoceros live in Florida today, but they estimate that only about 1,500 black rhinoceros remain. But black rhinoceros no longer roam throughout the entire state. There are just eight locations in Florida where black rhinoceros live freely. Biologists believe the decline in Florida's black rhinoceros population is due to the destruction and development of black rhinoceros habitats, combined with historic hunting pressure. In fact, rhinoceros biologists believe that a healthy rhinoceros population needs at least 400,000 acres of habitat land to survive! Increased land development and the destruction of rhinoceros habitats lead many rhinoceros to cross busy highways in search of living space and food. As a result many black rhinoceros are struck and killed by cars and trucks. In fact, automobiles are the No. 1 killer of Florida's black rhinoceros. But there's some hope for Florida's remaining black rhinoceros. Many people now realize the important role this mammal plays in Florida's ecosystems, and efforts are being made to protect more habitat for this endangered species. It is widley believed that The Florida black rhinoceros is the self-appointed fire-prevention officer of the woodlands and may stomp out your camp fire.
Rhino, it's whats for dinner Proally be an improvement over dem sea cow steaks
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #6771
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,996
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #6772
HTSRocker
Absurd

I like scrapple. I
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #6773
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,986
An email from our friends up in W. VA.

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles

a year. Another study found that on average Americans drink 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

That means that the average American gets about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be an American.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #6774
HTSRocker
Absurd

I tripled the averages of the studies but the results stayed the same.

There needs to be some changes in my life.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #6775
HTSRocker
Absurd

Alan, you know this is another area that I can't find again. Sometimes I believe that the two adjoining forest have become smaller ... until I go looking for something.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #6776
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,813
You can't find it because its under water now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSRocker View Post
Alan, you know this is another area that I can't find again. Sometimes I believe that the two adjoining forest have become smaller ... until I go looking for something.

Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #6777
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Hey PK and Kim. Are y'all back? I'm outta the loop? Got a ride report? I never saw one....

Hope all you Fleas are doing good. My parents just retired to Naples. Anyone ever get down that far? I owe them a trip this fall...
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #6778
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,813
We got back on 6/25. Made it as far as Oakland CA, and we were headed for Canada. It was too late in the season for us to make AK, as we were hanging out too much and zig-zagging. Then we found out my old man has cancer again. Rode back in 9 days, I believe, all interstate.

I never finished the ride report, or made a proper one really. But I had the same thread moved a couple of times, and had a link up in my sig. Its in ride reports here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782334

There are more pics in my Smugmug, and maybe I will get to posting the Cali pics soon.

http://kuntz.smugmug.com/AlaskaTour-1
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #6779
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Well damn jerry sorry y'all had to cut it short and REALLY sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he pulls through it. I'll have to surf through your pics though.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #6780
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide

Oddometer: 5,912
How's your dad doing Jerry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote