ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #7306
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
guess I'll be closing on The Scrub here soon

Dick expressed his concern in regards to me being there without him

after the closing

Who is up for one last campout

I've got to pack my car hauler with all the crap I've

accumulated
I'll help pack and have an extra trailer if needed.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #7307
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
guess I'll be closing on The Scrub here soon

Dick expressed his concern in regards to me being there without him

after the closing

Who is up for one last campout

I've got to pack my car hauler with all the crap I've

accumulated

__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #7308
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
I'll help pack and have an extra trailer if needed.
Mostly just my cooking equipment and

Novelty stuff in the cook house

May need help with the smoker though

First I have to replace the tires on my cargo trailer

What's your schedule look like?
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #7309
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
Mostly just my cooking equipment and

Novelty stuff in the cook house

May need help with the smoker though

First I have to replace the tires on my cargo trailer

What's your schedule look like?
Fairly open
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #7310
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
I called Lamar, my neighbor at The Scrub

Hopefully he'll get back to me in re: to the size of tires on my car hauler

I know they're 16"

Think I'll go with a lighter tire

Don't plan on ever hauling a car in there

Although the tires on it now sure did last a long time

Was looking on line and the HD tires can cost as much as $150
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #7311
noway
Gnarly Adventurer
 
noway's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Brooksville FL
Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
I called Lamar, my neighbor at The Scrub

Hopefully he'll get back to me in re: to the size of tires on my car hauler

I know they're 16"

Think I'll go with a lighter tire

Don't plan on ever hauling a car in there

Although the tires on it now sure did last a long time

Was looking on line and the HD tires can cost as much as $150
You have A LOT of stuff up there... Sounds like you will be having to have a 'Pack-up' Party...
__________________
Its been real, Its been fun - but Im outta here!!!!
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #7312
Eickey
Underwater Adventurer
 
Eickey's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Fort Likkertail
Oddometer: 719
__________________
Eickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #7313
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
Good news today

Lamar says my tires are !5 inch

Only good part of selling The Scrub

Is we'll be putting the money into The Swamp
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #7314
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
You have A LOT of stuff up there... Sounds like you will be having to have a 'Pack-up' Party...
Dick wants to close ASAP

He's cashed in his retirement savings and paid the penalties to do it

We just want to be done with it

There's just not enough interest in going there to justify the expense

Sadly I've come to that conclusion
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #7315
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better
 
mark1305's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Oddometer: 5,934
Just make sure you aren't leaving the big paella pan or any irreplaceable iron skillets or any other special items that could fit in one quick carload.

Sigh.... the end of an era, for sure.
__________________
Mark J
Merritt Island, FL

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #7316
Topdog
baw chica baw waw!!
 
Topdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
Good news today

Lamar says my tires are !5 inch

Only good part of selling The Scrub

Is we'll be putting the money into The Swamp
When is the SWAMP PARTY???????????????????????????????
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #7317
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
My Fitty-Turd Birfday Party at The Swamp

December 28th

Paella
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #7318
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004


__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #7319
noway
Gnarly Adventurer
 
noway's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Brooksville FL
Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
My Fitty-Turd Birfday Party at The Swamp

December 28th

Paella

Happy Birfday!!!! (early, so I don't forget...)
__________________
Its been real, Its been fun - but Im outta here!!!!
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #7320
Topdog
baw chica baw waw!!
 
Topdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
My Fitty-Turd Birfday Party at The Swamp

December 28th

Paella
Is there any trails worth bring the rzr down? Probably no where as good as the Scrub but thought I'd ask.
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014