Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #16
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Hola Martincito,

I work in Manhattan and live in Rockland. I was born in Uruguay and spent some time playing rugby in Arg.

Let me know when you're back in the NJ/NY area, I would like to see some pics of your travels.

Suerte!!
yo soy the uruguay tambien pero vivo en los angeles ,que bueno que hay otors uruguayos aqui

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #17
ChangoGS
Banned

Oddometer: 305
Thats Jose !!!!
ChangoGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #18
ChangoGS
Banned

Oddometer: 305
Watch this as Gary is at the border . Jose is there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDulbuvPLcs

ChangoGS screwed with this post 11-24-2008 at 02:45 PM
ChangoGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
Charles Seguin OP
Noob4Life

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangoGS
Watch this as Gary is at the border . Jose is there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDulbuvPLcs
that guy`s becoming a celebrity
Old 01-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #20
Bajarider2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Jose Update

I wanted to post this update earlier, but I've been up to my ears with my trip.

I crossed through there in mid December. As I passed the gas station on the left before the border about 6 dudes came running and screaming at me and my riding partner. I knew they were helpers so gunned it past them. They jumped in a truck a chased us to the border.

I pull up and the first guy on me was this Jose dude. I recognized him IMMEDIATELY! Thank you ADV Rider!

I played it mellow and kept telling him "No necesito ayuda". He of course was unrelenting.

I took our papers inside the copy place while my buddy watched the bikes and he was on my heels and followed me inside. I turned to him and repeated "No necesito ayuda". The guy was persistent and I was trying to not laugh.

He finally waited outside and as soon as I came out it was more of the same.

I mounted the bike and fired it up while he was still selling me.

I didn't kick him in the nuts, but I did look at hm and say n Spanish. "You are very famous". He looked at me smiling and said "Que?"

I said- "You are famous in the United States on the internet for taking motorcyclists money. You are Jose right?"

He immediately put his arm across his body covering his badge. I wish I could have taken a photo of the look on his face. He shat his pant, and I rode away.

Bajarider2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
Teddy
Trail Lover

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajarider2000

I crossed through there in mid December. As I passed the gas station on the left before the border about 6 dudes came running and screaming at me and my riding partner. I knew they were helpers so gunned it past them. They jumped in a truck a chased us to the border.

I pull up and the first guy on me was this Jose dude. I recognized him IMMEDIATELY! Thank you ADV Rider!

I played it mellow and kept telling him "No necesito ayuda". He of course was unrelenting.

I took our papers inside the copy place while my buddy watched the bikes and he was on my heels and followed me inside. I turned to him and repeated "No necesito ayuda". The guy was persistent and I was trying to not laugh.

I didn't kick him in the nuts, but I did look at hm and say n Spanish. "You are very famous". He looked at me smiling and said "Que?"

I said- "You are famous in the United States on the internet for taking motorcyclists money. You are Jose right?"

He immediately put his arm across his body covering his badge. I wish I could have taken a photo of the look on his face. He shat his pant, and I rode away.

Oh my god... i would have liked to see him!

I live in Venezuela and everyday I look at that bastards cops taking advantage from everyone including ''gringos''...
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #22
Bajarider2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Has anyone else had to deal with him in the last few weeks?????
Bajarider2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #23
Charles Seguin OP
Noob4Life

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajarider2000

That's pretty much exactly the post I was waiting for, there's just one thing missing: the kick in the nuts
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #24
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Seguin

He is a con artist. He almost got my brother and I for an extra $75 a peice. He DID get Sgt Marty for that same $75. If you see him kick him in the nuts for us. In the background is his partner, give him a kick in the nuts as well.

Hat Tip to Sgt Marty for the Photo.
Iīll be visiting this joker manana.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #25
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Well I got through for ~$50 all in. I figured it was about ~$30 for legit stuff and the remaining going to the helper.

It was worth it, i kicked back and ate a fried banana and drank my fresh squeezed OJ while I waited. And it was chaos at 8AM.

The other side going to Nic wasn't as bad.

And the Nic side was much more organized. I paid $12 for a helper and she had everything lined out, real smooth. Funny thing is I recall going to immigracion paying and getting a receipt but I can't tell if the stamp I have is from Honduras or Nic. I hope this isn't a problem later. Getting my passport stamped seems to be a challenge for some reason.

edit: oh and Jose was the first mf to run up to me when I got to the first guard.

I told him he was famous and that I knew all about him. If my vid turns out I'll have footage of him. His amigos were laughing at him and asked what the website is where we talk about him. I told them google.com/jose.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #26
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Came through there a couple of weeks ago and didnīt see him.

FWIW, helpers will help for five bucks. This is more than they get from truckers, so no one has refused me yet. But at most crossings you donīt need a helper....or you need to stand there looking over their shoulder anyway, so whatīs the point?

Honduras temporary import cost me US$33. Thatīs legitimate. They tried to charge me $45 but I refused. Same old same old.

Enjoy!

Mark

(from somewhere rainy on the Michoacan coast)
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #27
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Yep, all of my receipts for Honduras total 770 Limpiras which is close to $40 US as of today.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #28
MoustacheMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
ill be heading back from Costa Rica soon. Just checking which countries I need to buy new permits for. Honduran and Nica officials said that when I leave the country the permit is no longer valid. is that true? I was also required to pay for insurance in Honduras and Nic. Nica cost $24 for insurance and visa (I asked other motorists and they said I did infact have to pay for insurance). Honduras cost a total of $45. So what countrys do I need to by new permits at? El Salvador and Guatemala were both less than $6 for everything so if I pay twice its not too bad. Now heres the part that sucks I am an idiot and in San Luis Colorado the migration never pointed me in the direction of customs to get my import permit OR EVEN TOLD ME I NEEDED ONE. I crossed mexico with no permit realized half way through that I didnt have one (no military ever asked for it...). Tried to get one couldnt figure out how to get one after the fact. Then lied to customs in Guatemala/Chipas saying it was stolen with my wallet to avoid a $500 fine (I met a canadian couple on klrs that was slapped with over 500 each for a mistake they didnt make). When I go back to Mexico they will look up my VIN in the computer then figure out I never had a permit...should I cross again without a permit (easy) or try to get one and risk a fine??????
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #29
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Forgot about this thread. Now that I'm reminded I see that Misery Goat was heading south, not north. Goat, that means you were leaving Honduras, which costs little or nothing. You paid US$50 to exit? That would offer a compelling reason not to sit in the shade while your helper does all the work for you. Or did I misunderstand?

Mr. Moustache, if it was me (which you'll notice it's not), I'd get a permit and assume maybe there'd be consequences. But there's hardly anything you can do in Mexico which will draw a legitimate fine of US$500, so unless you are counting in $pesos somthing's askew about your Canadian friends' story. Lots of people pay lots of money in Latin America on lots of pretenses, but that doesn't mean you or I need to follow suit.

Anyway, just go to the aduana and try your luck. If there's a "fine" to be paid (doubtful, but perfectly possible), just smile, negotiate and be patient.

And post here to say how it went.

Hope that's helpful.

Mark

Misery Goat screwed with this post 10-21-2010 at 01:51 PM Reason: hit the edit button by mistake-no changes
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #30
MoustacheMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by markharf
Forgot about this thread. Now that I'm reminded I see that Misery Goat was heading south, not north. Goat, that means you were leaving Honduras, which costs little or nothing. You paid US$50 to exit? That would offer a compelling reason not to sit in the shade while your helper does all the work for you. Or did I misunderstand?

Mr. Moustache, if it was me (which you'll notice it's not), I'd get a permit and assume maybe there'd be consequences. But there's hardly anything you can do in Mexico which will draw a legitimate fine of US$500, so unless you are counting in $pesos somthing's askew about your Canadian friends' story. Lots of people pay lots of money in Latin America on lots of pretenses, but that doesn't mean you or I need to follow suit.

Anyway, just go to the aduana and try your luck. If there's a "fine" to be paid (doubtful, but perfectly possible), just smile, negotiate and be patient.

And post here to say how it went.

Hope that's helpful.

Mark
exactly I didnt pay anything to exit Honduras besides mabe 2 bux to get the passport stamped. Its too bad about mexico I am nervious, it is partly my fault for not knowing what I needed before the boarder. I am sure it is a money making scheme telling foreigners that they are ready to go only to get fined when they leave. I will try to get the permit with copied documents that way if they hold them for EL Jefe to determine the fine I will bolt. I try to do everything the legal way but it sucks when government employees misinform you to raise money for the country. I hope I can get the permit without a fine.