ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #21691
SLiP210
you can call me slip
 
SLiP210's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Crimora,VA
Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post

New suspension is a revelation isn't it Slip?

Lovin' it!!
__________________
Uhhmmm...I meant to do that
SLiP210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #21692
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 12,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnflow View Post
Maybe one day I'll learn how to embed, I hear it's not that difficult.
I don't know how to do that, but I do know how to hide them behind words
You copy the url you want
then highlight the word you want to use
then hit the "insert link" icon (little blue ball with a chain link)
then paste your link into the box
and press enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiP210 View Post
Lovin' it!!
yeh man.... I waited WAY too long to do my shock. Now and forever more, it will be the first thing I do to an off road bike.
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.
Jax mediocre photo thread
20% Smugmug discount coupon
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #21693
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
I don't know how to do that, but I do know how to hide them behind words
You copy the url you want
then highlight the word you want to use
then hit the "insert link" icon (little blue ball with a chain link)
then paste your link into the box
and press enter



yeh man.... I waited WAY too long to do my shock. Now and forever more, it will be the first thing I do to an off road bike.

Jack mean this icon..."", or in technical terms, this.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #21694
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"
 
Rusty Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Trying to leave CT
Oddometer: 8,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
now that's a url!!!
Tell me about it, my copy and paste function is broken, so I had to type it in.
__________________
In the beginning, there was nothing. Even That exploded
2009 DR650
..1972 Penton Six-Days ..1971 Suzuki TS185.. 2005 KTM 400exc
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #21695
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 12,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Jack mean this icon..."", or in technical terms, this.
^^^^ what he said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
Tell me about it, my copy and paste function is broken, so I had to type it in.
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.
Jax mediocre photo thread
20% Smugmug discount coupon
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #21696
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
Tell me about it, my copy and paste function is broken, so I had to type it in.

I'll bet that was tedious.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #21697
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"
 
Rusty Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Trying to leave CT
Oddometer: 8,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
I'll bet that was tedious.
.... but totally worth it!

__________________
In the beginning, there was nothing. Even That exploded
2009 DR650
..1972 Penton Six-Days ..1971 Suzuki TS185.. 2005 KTM 400exc
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #21698
blaster11
Enabler
 
blaster11's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiP210 View Post
Lovin' it!!
Congratulations on the suspension! I got the forks done on the DRZ and let EOD3MC take it for a run around the yard, I had him jump a dirt pile and he said it was really plush. I can't wait to ride it, hopefully I can get the shock done soon as well. I like the Ride To Shoot idea!
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #21699
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,737
Not too hard...copy the embed code from Google then click the a/A icon, above the smilies...paste....click a/A again...






View Larger Map

Class dismissed
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #21700
SLiP210
you can call me slip
 
SLiP210's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Crimora,VA
Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Congratulations on the suspension! I got the forks done on the DRZ and let EOD3MC take it for a run around the yard, I had him jump a dirt pile and he said it was really plush. I can't wait to ride it, hopefully I can get the shock done soon as well. I like the Ride To Shoot idea!
Howdy Bruce!!! We got to jump some water breaks Tuesday. I was gun shy at first cause I remember how it used to bottom out. I had a blast after a couple and realized I wasnt going to jar my teeth loose on the landing. I hope you are healing up and get back on the trail soon. Tell Dana hello for me!
__________________
Uhhmmm...I meant to do that
SLiP210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #21701
blaster11
Enabler
 
blaster11's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiP210 View Post
Howdy Bruce!!! We got to jump some water breaks Tuesday. I was gun shy at first cause I remember how it used to bottom out. I had a blast after a couple and realized I wasnt going to jar my teeth loose on the landing. I hope you are healing up and get back on the trail soon. Tell Dana hello for me!
Glad to hear the suspension is working out well!. I have convinced EOD3MC to join team Suzuki so in a couple of weeks he should have a DRZ to tear up the mountain roads too.
I am looking so forward to riding again...its killing me not to! At least it didn't happen in the dead of summer.
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #21702
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Glad to hear the suspension is working out well!. I have convinced EOD3MC to join team Suzuki so in a couple of weeks he should have a DRZ to tear up the mountain roads too.
I am looking so forward to riding again...its killing me not to! At least it didn't happen in the dead of summer.
I know where a nice clean low mile DRZ can be found not too far away...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820053

__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #21703
windblown101
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Star Tannery, VA
Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post


Nice pic. I recognize that spot. Not a bad hike. I tried to ride a mountain bike up there several years ago but bailed before reaching the summit and went the rest of the way on foot.
windblown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #21704
mtnflow
LFC, more pie please
 
mtnflow's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Mount Sidney, va
Oddometer: 2,246
I need to write that down....page 1447 on cat herders, how to do stuff.
mtnflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #21705
blaster11
Enabler
 
blaster11's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
I know where a nice clean low mile DRZ can be found not too far away...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820053

Thanks for the lead but it looks like Dave found a guy that he can trade his KLX250 straight up for the DRZ so I think that works best for him...no money has to change hands.
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014