ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #22651
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
Slip is NOT funny.....
You're right, I didn't laugh............................................. .........I promise.

2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #22652
Gilerd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJ View Post
38.740478, -79.692521

Here's twigsnapper's map.
Thats all I needed! Thanks. I'll run it past the wife unit.
Gilerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #22653
Black_Rubi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
NO........shot gun is seperate equipment. (oooops 205) I have spare dies I'll sell. .32, 45, maybe 9mm, .223 and .308........need to look at what I have. I also have a single stage RCBS Rock crusher.......old school.
Thanks for all the quick replys on the reload'in

Scott, I'd be intrested in your old stuff... PM me what you want for it. Dont want to spend too much, but you can't find any ammo anywhere so it would be nice to be able to reload if it came down to it. I have no need for the .32 though.
Black_Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #22654
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,837
Nope nothing here either.......
BAHAAHAHAHAHA
Doncha worry buddy I'll be back there with you, cept for the occasional wild hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
You're right, I didn't laugh............................................. .........I promise.

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #22655
Gilerd
Gnarly Adventurer

Beer? Review

As someone who makes great sacrifices in order to enjoy mass quantities of beverages like Becks on the cold dreary weekends of winter (is summer any different? Uhhh Hmm) I think it is time to come back to Planet Roanoke and try out a more locally favored beverage you may have run over from time to time on the side of the road under a 581 overpass. I'm thinking of making a quality video review of the Steel Reserve 211~! now last time I had one of these types of beverages it was the "Jungle Juice" a couple summers ago. I remember sitting on the chest freezer after work Friday sipping this stuff and halfway through it was time to recycle some. I almost fell over once on the ground walking. I was temporarily a Zombie! You wonder how the zombie apocalypse will start? I think one of the keys to either defeating or just going ahead and joining the zombies, is to consume some of the potions that create them! I'll post the review once complete on the gilerd77 youtube channel! I hear from a coworker the 211 gets the job done!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #22656
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,339
Rubi -

I have two Dillon 650s, a Forster Co-Ax and a Redding T7 turret press. I started with a Rock Chucker but couldn't keep up with the 1,000 rounds a week I was shooting (IPSC). I quit counting reloads at half a millon, have shot competitively since shortly after I got out of the Marine Corps in 1968 and have an entire shelf full of load data. You can get a Tong Press (lee or Lyman) that will load everything but they are painfully slow. The Rock Chucker is a very good choice as is the Redding Boss II. If you think you might load large cartridges - like the .45-100 or the .375 H&H, get either the Rock Chucker Supreme or the Redding Big Boss. They have larger frames that will accommodate the longer cases. My preference for a non-progerssive press is the Redding T7 turret (RCBS makes a good turret too). RCBS also has a new single stage called the Summit that looks promising. A MEC Jr. is a good shotgun press unless you want to start shoot Sporting Clays, then you'll need something bigger. If you have any questions, ask. I load, and have data for: 9mm, 9mm Major, .38 Super, .38 Special, .357 Mag, .40S&W, 10MM, .44 Spcl, .44 Mag, .45ACP, .454 Casull, .223, 5.56x45 (yes, they are different), .300x21, .308, .30-06, .375H&H, .45-70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Rubi View Post
So you re-loaders, I'm thinking about getting in to this. Is there a "best" way to buy a kit that does 9mm, 45 acp, .223, .308, and 12 gauge?

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67

6USMC6 screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 04:20 PM
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #22657
Gilerd
Gnarly Adventurer

Wastin time

It's the calm before the storm here at work so i checked the weather. Snow Friday? Get those rides ready for some sideways fun
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #22658
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Oddometer: 289
Wolfman Racks

Took the new XT to a buddy who has a welder......

These are the Wolfman Racks for a WR250R. We cut the legs and rewelded to make it work. Just need to reposition the rear turn signals to not interfere with the dry bags.

There is a powder coating place in Waynesboro that has treated me well in the past so I will be taking them off and heading over there tomorrow. Went to the range and shot a few rounds with the .45 before my hands got frostbite. Got home and the UPS guy had showed up. Small Pelican case and rear rack..... pictures soon!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #22659
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,216
Looking good Tim. Are you going to be around in April for Laurel Fork?
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #22660
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 4,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by T!Mster View Post
Just need to reposition the rear turn signals to not interfere with the dry bags.
I moved the rear turn signals on my old XT to the tail light housing.

Gets them out of the way and looks like they came that way from the factory.

Easy mod to do. You need to remove the tail light. Put them where there is enough room for the nuts and a washer on the inside of the tail light housing. I might have squared off the washers to fit inside.

I think I drilled a hole in the fender for the wires and had to lengthen the wire. The hardest part was getting the washers on and the nuts started on the stalks.
There is no odometer when it comes to pie - VACommuter
20% credit Smug Mug coupon
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #22661
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJ View Post
I moved the rear turn signals on my old XT to the tail light housing.

Gets them out of the way and looks like they came that way from the factory.

Easy mod to do. You need to remove the tail light. Put them where there is enough room for the nuts and a washer on the inside of the tail light housing. I might have squared off the washers to fit inside.

I think I drilled a hole in the fender for the wires and had to lengthen the wire. The hardest part was getting the washers on and the nuts started on the stalks.
Thanks Wayne! That looks nice. I was thinking about doing that OR making brackets OR buying new smaller blinkers OR....

I bought a Pelican case to hold tools, cell, wallet, gun, etc when riding but I've already discovered its way too small! Need to figure out what to do.

Sorry Kevin. I'll be back overseas in April. I get home just a few days before Camp Cow Crap.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #22662
LXDDLE
ROBBXR

Oddometer: 208
Sweet!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #22663
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,830
Quote:
I bought a Pelican case to hold tools, cell, wallet, gun, etc when riding but I've already discovered its way too small! Need to figure out what to do.
Tank bag? I like tank bags for cell phone, wallet, and other incidentals that I need to put my hands on quickly & easily. Keep the Pelican case for things like the gun, etc... that may need to be locked up.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #22664
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Rider View Post
Tank bag? I like tank bags for cell phone, wallet, and other incidentals that I need to put my hands on quickly & easily. Keep the Pelican case for things like the gun, etc... that may need to be locked up.
I have a tank bag that fits really well on the Ducati but I just don't like how it sits on the XT's tank. I ride with Kevin so waterproofing is a must. The Pelican case is waterproof and lockable for gun, tools, and the little charging set-up I'm making for Scala G4, cell and iPod. The case will also hold my clear (or tinted) visor for my helmet. And by securing it to the rear rack I can still install and remove the drybags pretty quickly. I'm alway open to new ideas though.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #22665
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,830
Quote:
I have a tank bag that fits really well on the Ducati but I just don't like how it sits on the XT's tank. I ride with Kevin so waterproofing is a must. The Pelican case is waterproof and lockable for gun, tools, and the little charging set-up I'm making for Scala G4, cell and iPod. The case will also hold my clear (or tinted) visor for my helmet. And by securing it to the rear rack I can still install and remove the drybags pretty quickly. I'm alway open to new ideas though.
Sounds like you might need a new tank bag for the XT and keep the one you already have for the Duc!? Maybe the Giant Loop Fandango or Diablo.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote