ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #22711
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Oddometer: 290
I'm not as familiar with the dirt roads as Kevin is, but he did mention Stokesville. I'm not even 100% where that is! Gearing up soon!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #22712
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Meeting at Bridgewater 7-11 @ 12:30 and just making a game plan there.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #22713
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,720
Got to 7-11 ten min ago. Longer from elkton tan I expected.

Have a great ride
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #22714
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,275
Good times riding with you guys today. My bike was filthy when I got home. Hopefully we'll have some more days like today this winter.

Dean, we didn't go by North river so I didn't get that picture you wanted, sorry about that.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #22715
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,302
It was a great ride, guys, thanks!

An amazing day and some breathtaking countryside. So glad I checked in on the Catherders thread on ADV this morning.

Blooch, sorry we missed you. It is a right good ride from your cabin. I hope you got some good time in though in the process.

Kevin I really appreciate you grabbing my bike when I was struggling. If you hadn't, I would have dropped it to the ground. I rinsed off my bike, drained the hose of water, and put some oil on the chain. Wiped out now.

Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #22716
SLiP210
you can call me slip

Oddometer: 294
Todays ride

Timsters neighbor had three cats sitting side by side in the driveway when we left his house to head home. I snapped a photo and was going to post it with some funny line about how it was me, Tim and Kevin -- " cats "-- hanging out for the day and George wasnt in the shot cause he was always out ahead of everyone. But after I got home, I noticed two of the cats in the shot were grooming each other and I didnt know how to explain it. Of course I would have been the cat sitting all alone. (See Scott, you're not the only one I pick on)

I had fun today, thanks fellas for a good use of a nice day.

Forgive me, Ive downed a few beers since I got home, I dont normally type this much, thank goodness for spell check.

Ill leave now

SLiP210 screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 12:07 AM
SLiP210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #22717
H14
I Gotta Go!

So you took a picture? That's one more than I took today. It felt too good just riding.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #22718
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiP210 View Post
.....I noticed two of the cats in the shot were grooming each other and I didnt know how to explain it. Of course I would have been the cat sitting all alone. (See Scott, you're not the only one I pick on)
I'm glad you posted up SLiP! I was starting to wonder if you were still riding around lost trying to find your way back home. I figured even with your navigational skills leading you within 1 road of your house would be good enough

Thanks guys for dragging along the new slow-poke. I had a great day!! Tomorrow I'm heading to the powder coating place for my saddlebag mounts. Lucky for me Wayne Cycle Shop is close by. I'll bet they can get me a new tail light!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #22719
H14
I Gotta Go!

So how do you like the new bike so far?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #22720
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Pics!

These are the only two I took.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #22721
SLiP210
you can call me slip

Oddometer: 294
I still had to stop in New Hope and ask for directions
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #22722
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,839
Looked out the shop doors around lunch time and it looked like it was a beautiful day out there today. Wish I could have joined you guys.

Can't wait for spring and a little time off from work!
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #22723
T!Mster
Lets Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
So how do you like the new bike so far?
Pros: Lightweight, seat height is awesome, fun size bike for a smaller guy like me. I love the 6 speed. I can almost just let out the clutch and not even give it any gas. Its really low. I'm excited to really try that gear out in some technical stuff. The bad part about that low gear is if I'm just riding normally its too low. I have to change gears almost as soon as I start moving. I can actually start out in 2nd gear with a little bit of gas. Playing around with that gear is how I ending up doing the wheelie and busting out my tail light!

Cons: Some guys posted here saying WFO. Thats partly true. To get up to 65-70mph it is WFO and I don't like running it there for too long. But on the other hand, its a small dirt bike. If I want to run WFO I'll get the Ducati out of the shed. For the roads we were on today it was great.

I haven't had a chance to do much maintenance on the bike. I have just tinkered around with it the last few days and its looks fairly easy to maintain. I figure if I can maintain aircraft I should be able to get my way around the XT.

Thanks again for today. I had a great time. Hopefully the weather will be nice a few more times before I leave again!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #22724
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,258
Tim,
I shift to 2nd on the WRR as soon as it gets moving. Took me a bit to get used to it, now it's habit. Love those little bikes.
I was a bit in front of you guys yesterday am, didn't stop for many pix either but here's one taken about 10:30:

That was a clean bike about 8 am, got a lot dirtier before I got home. I had to stop and clean my visor 4 times yesterday, don't even do that in bug season. Nasty stuff on the road.
I had a great first ride on the KLR (bought it "used" with 140 miiles on it), still breaking it in. I already installed the Eagle Mike KLX jet kit (huge improvement - nearly unrideable stock) and changed the oil once. Guess I'll order a doohickey soon.
Stopped at the 7-11 about 1:20 coming back from Brandywine (lunch at Fox's)/614/250/42 to shed a layer, must have just missed Blooch.
Guess I'll clean the bike some more today, salty crap is like glue. Nice 220 mile ride, hard to get those in January.
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #22725
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnoGPS View Post
Tim,
I shift to 2nd on the WRR as soon as it gets moving. Took me a bit to get used to it, now it's habit. Love those little bikes.
I was a bit in front of you guys yesterday am, didn't stop for many pix either but here's one taken about 10:30:

That was a clean bike about 8 am, got a lot dirtier before I got home. I had to stop and clean my visor 4 times yesterday, don't even do that in bug season. Nasty stuff on the road.
I had a great first ride on the KLR (bought it "used" with 140 miiles on it), still breaking it in. I already installed the Eagle Mike KLX jet kit (huge improvement - nearly unrideable stock) and changed the oil once. Guess I'll order a doohickey soon.
Stopped at the 7-11 about 1:20 coming back from Brandywine (lunch at Fox's)/614/250/42 to shed a layer, must have just missed Blooch.
Guess I'll clean the bike some more today, salty crap is like glue. Nice 220 mile ride, hard to get those in January.
Congratulations on the new to you bike Ted!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote