ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #24031
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post
You have to go, to know. Best of luck chasing said female...you'd get there with a bigger smile on your face if you had two wheels. Never compromise on your passions or it is likely you will end up disillusioned adrift in a sea of dashed middle class hopes. Shit how did I wind up in Arlington
HBN - Couples Counselor.

Funny thing, I never met a Couples Counselor who wasn't divorced...

'13 KLR650 ~ For Sale!
hppyfngy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #24032
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,290
Quote:
...You have to go, to know. ... Never compromise on your passions ... Shit how did I wind up in Arlington ...
True. It's generally recognized that most regrets stem from failing to do or try something. Yet often we have to weigh and choose among our passions. There's sound evidence in reality for the cliche' "you can't have it all". So we take our best shots and do our best to minimize regrets.

Let's just say it must be a pretty strong attraction for a motorcycle addict to sell his bike. One rewarding aspect of relationships is helping the other person be happy and realize his/her dreams. Of course motorcycle riding included so I can't imagine either of them realistically expecting that to stop indefinitely. I think it's fair to say it's a good plan to compare passions and needs prior to cinching a relationship and agree to a general course of action and acceptance. Heading down the same path together makes the difference. Being flexible and adapting as the seasons change and each grow together is paramount.

Who knows why he is selling his bike - perhaps it's economically beneficial to sell here and buy there. Perhaps it's an opportunity to try a different bike. Whatever the case, it's unlikely he'll be without a bike for long. And now it looks like a deal to be had.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #24033
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,046
And now George is Couples Counselor...

Quite a tangent we have going here but there's nothing wrong with compromise. I gave up bikes once. For 18 years. Not because anybody asked or told me to, just because it was the thing to do.

Whatever you do, don't regret it.

'13 KLR650 ~ For Sale!
hppyfngy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #24034
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Shit how did I wind up in Arlington

When you headed over that way, I thought...."he'll be back" "ridin' out that way sucks"
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #24035
fragile_this_side_up
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 946
quick interjection; heading to Romney Cycles on Thursday morning. ;) 55 to 600 to 50. should be a fun ride on the SV. may be getting a 2012 ADV Wee.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #24036
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 3,949
for u hikers/AT fans out there, stumbled across this, some cool pics of folks thru hiking the AT
http://benbenvieblog.com/tag/appalachian-trail/
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #24037
HBN OP
is car free

Oddometer: 11,919
Awesome pics. Thanks, one to add to my RSS
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #24038
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,295
You want a better ride?

55/48 to N. Pfier Road and turn right. You'll get to an intersection after 2 miles or so where you'll take a left on Back Mountain Road. When you get to 50, turn left. Pfier is the intersection where the "Four Corners Bar" is on Rt55/48. Only a little out of the way and a lot nicer ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post
quick interjection; heading to Romney Cycles on Thursday morning. ;) 55 to 600 to 50. should be a fun ride on the SV. may be getting a 2012 ADV Wee.

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #24039
Kiser
n00b

Oddometer: 6
You guys are talking about the same road 600 is the number designation for back mountain. the next time you ride that way give me a shout I am always down to ride
Kiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #24040
fragile_this_side_up
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 946
Haha. Eah. Back mountai. Road is the left at the fork. I go right. Thanks for the suggestion though. I may actually take that way instead. I think the road I take to 50 from 600 is warsensville pike or something?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #24041
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiser View Post
You guys are talking about the same road 600 is the number designation for back mountain. the next time you ride that way give me a shout I am always down to ride

600 runs from 522 to Back Mountain. Back Mountain starts at Rt50 as 614. 600 runs into it about 2 miles down and then it carries both numbers.

USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #24042
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post
Haha. Eah. Back mountai. Road is the left at the fork. I go right. Thanks for the suggestion though. I may actually take that way instead. I think the road I take to 50 from 600 is warsensville pike or something?

Wardensville Grade is gravel and runs into North Pifer 3/4 mile before it hits Back Mountain.

USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #24043
grasshopper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Hey Grasshopper,

You have to go, to know. Best of luck chasing said female...you'd get there with a bigger smile on your face if you had two wheels. Never compromise on your passions or it is likely you will end up disillusioned adrift in a sea of dashed middle class hopes. Shit how did I wind up in Arlington

Gee thanks, Mike. I knew you'd understand...or at least find a good joke out of all of this
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #24044
grasshopper
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
True. It's generally recognized that most regrets stem from failing to do or try something. Yet often we have to weigh and choose among our passions. There's sound evidence in reality for the cliche' "you can't have it all". So we take our best shots and do our best to minimize regrets.

Let's just say it must be a pretty strong attraction for a motorcycle addict to sell his bike. One rewarding aspect of relationships is helping the other person be happy and realize his/her dreams. Of course motorcycle riding included so I can't imagine either of them realistically expecting that to stop indefinitely. I think it's fair to say it's a good plan to compare passions and needs prior to cinching a relationship and agree to a general course of action and acceptance. Heading down the same path together makes the difference. Being flexible and adapting as the seasons change and each grow together is paramount.

Who knows why he is selling his bike - perhaps it's economically beneficial to sell here and buy there. Perhaps it's an opportunity to try a different bike. Whatever the case, it's unlikely he'll be without a bike for long. And now it looks like a deal to be had.
There isn't a whole lot of logic behind what I'm about to do, but that's the beauty in it I suppose. I have a chance to do whatever the hell I want for the first time in my life and for now, I want to chase that girl. Like Mike said, otherwise I'll never know!

Oh, and really I just need the cash so I can get started wherever I land. Before long I'll have a big boy job and an even bigger boy bike, I hope
Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #24045
grasshopper
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
And now George is Couples Counselor...

Quite a tangent we have going here but there's nothing wrong with compromise. I gave up bikes once. For 18 years. Not because anybody asked or told me to, just because it was the thing to do.

Whatever you do, don't regret it.

Thanks for the insight, hppyfngy. No matter what happens to us and our belongings I often remind myself that "you can't take it with you."

And then I can try hard to live without too many regrets. I am absolutely not giving up riding!