ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #27031
HBN OP
is car free

Oddometer: 11,936
Does anyone remember the time FOX made a comment regarding workers in the coal industry in WV and set everyone in a tizzy? I think it was about 4 years ago or more but it always stuck with me. The horrid beauty of this group is the multifaceted personalities to match the scratched rainbow of colorful fairings and fenders at each ride, lunch, adventure, cross country trip and, in the case of BMW riders, trip to Starbucks for a double venti mocha frappa whatever the fuck. I wouldn't ever expect this group of misfits, ranging from the struggling college student to the six figure DC bandit, to come to terms on politics, religion or finance. We can all rally around our lifestyle, hobby and passion for two wheels (or 3 - hi VAC ) and this beautiful nation we call home. Some of you protect it with your service, some of you abuse it with poor environmental decisions, and some of you save it through forestry and environmental conservation. In a way our riding group is a microcosm of our regional diversity and I think that is a-okay.

Keep all this pontificating in the basement where people give a shit.
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #27032
roadglider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
brave new world

George you're right on all I see Washington doing is making everything more expensive and more of a hassle. How many trails/roads have you seen opened lately? I think both sides suck and we should start a grass roots movement to vote them all out as both parties have been infiltrated by progressives. BTW if you ride a motorcycle and have progressive insurance you might want to read this article by Rick Sieman aka "Super Hunky" once editor and one of the original founders of Dirt Bike magazine. Granted Mr. Sieman has a right wing bias but that still doesn't mean he is not on to something.

http://articles.superhunky.com/4/345
roadglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #27033
roadglider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
There are a lot of people that think riding a motorcycle is a poor environmental decision.
roadglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #27034
HBN OP
is car free

Rusty Rex dun got a CL engine all fixed up Check Oil sold us a two-fer a few months back and we're getting into the parts orders, sandblasting and polishing fun of the build.

Safe keeping

Lots of polishing and cleaning...

Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #27035
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post
Does anyone remember the time FOX made a comment regarding workers in the coal industry in WV and set everyone in a tizzy? I think it was about 4 years ago or more but it always stuck with me. The horrid beauty of this group is the multifaceted personalities to match the scratched rainbow of colorful fairings and fenders at each ride, lunch, adventure, cross country trip and, in the case of BMW riders, trip to Starbucks for a double venti mocha frappa whatever the fuck. I wouldn't ever expect this group of misfits, ranging from the struggling college student to the six figure DC bandit, to come to terms on politics, religion or finance. We can all rally around our lifestyle, hobby and passion for two wheels (or 3 - hi VAC ) and this beautiful nation we call home. Some of you protect it with your service, some of you abuse it with poor environmental decisions, and some of you save it through forestry and environmental conservation. In a way our riding group is a microcosm of our regional diversity and I think that is a-okay.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #27036
HBN OP
is car free

I hate Flo. She sucks.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #27037
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,104
Pm sent George.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #27038
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglider View Post
George you're right on all I see Washington doing is making everything more expensive and more of a hassle. How many trails/roads have you seen opened lately? I think both sides suck and we should start a grass roots movement to vote them all out as both parties have been infiltrated by progressives. BTW if you ride a motorcycle and have progressive insurance you might want to read this article by Rick Sieman aka "Super Hunky" once editor and one of the original founders of Dirt Bike magazine. Granted Mr. Sieman has a right wing bias but that still doesn't mean he is not on to something.

http://articles.superhunky.com/4/345
He thinks Fox News is unbiased???

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #27039
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 5,003
Quote:
The horrid beauty of this group is the multifaceted personalities to match the scratched rainbow of colorful fairings and fenders at each ride, lunch, adventure, cross country trip and, in the case of BMW riders, trip to Starbucks for a double venti mocha frappa whatever the fuck. I wouldn't ever expect this group of misfits, ranging from the struggling college student to the six figure DC bandit, to come to terms on politics, religion or finance. We can all rally around our lifestyle, hobby and passion for two wheels (or 3 - hi VAC ) and this beautiful nation we call home. Some of you protect it with your service, some of you abuse it with poor environmental decisions, and some of you save it through forestry and environmental conservation. In a way our riding group is a microcosm of our regional diversity and I think that is a-okay.
Well said Mike.

Quote:
For those here that don't know where the political BS goes, here is a link for you:
Church, State & Money.
20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #27040
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,423
^^^ WHY????...................... that's why
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #27041
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
^^^ WHY????...................... that's why

Dude, not that I'm stalking or anything but you just went 25 hours between post.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #27042
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
wtf?? Did CSM come north for the day?
Quote:
... Keep all this pontificating in the basement where people give a shit.
I finally figured out what that sleight-of-hand remark was. Here's the deal: I simply had a thought and wanted to share it with my friends. Not with people I don't know anything about, but with you. No insults were thrown, and nobody was put down. And Mike, don't pretend you don't like it because you're always stirring the pot for more. And obviously we all care about our future environment so if anybody doesn't like the idea that we should analyze the situation and work through it intelligently, perhaps they should be analyzed for a mental disorder. I like your narrative on how diverse we are as a group, and how we have that mutual interest that bonds us. It is fascinating. Nice cleanup on the CL. Onward and upward...
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #27043
macaroni
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong.

Are you a fan of CS Lewis?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #27044
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Dude, not that I'm stalking or anything but you just went 25 hours between post.
I needed some wayne ugh..........I mean "me time" I'll call in a bit. I need to split some wood before dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #27045
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
I needed some wayne ugh..........I mean "me time" I'll call in a bit. I need to split some wood before dark.
No hurry.

You should be out there waiting for that buck, you can split wood in February.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote