ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #9766
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF
- can you convince me otherwise?
I do not want to be on the Biz end of a Rattler , but will not harm one unless it is trying to set up shop in or very near house.. I would still feel quite bad for a long time if i had to dispatch it...

PLEASE Don't kill stuff ONO.

BBQ tonight , CAN JAM of the GODS!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #9767
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by homepettingzoo
i was at a stoplight today on greenville avenue. the light turned green and as we pulled off the passenger in the car beside me threw something at me and started laughing. i got the plates but they were a no go for virginia. cop said they could be plates off another vehicle. anyway, if any of you are riding in the staunton area and have anything similar happen report it, it is a felony offense. it was a dark toyota 4runner with plates xsn-6822.
A friend had a beer bottle tossed at him. It hit him and broke on the ground. No one around but him, the guy driving the car that threw the bottle and his female passenger. There fore no witness.

So that brings up if someone tosses a lit butt out the window, you get hit and it burns your new stitch can you get them for a felony?

Remember several year back the lady that threw the cup of ice into the car next to her on I95 in NOVA that did get charge.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #9768
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,761

bwdr burger que... before.. if anyone is hungry and gets here by 7 we will have a plat ready..
Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #9769
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 28,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog

bwdr burger que... before.. if anyone is hungry and gets here by 7 we will have a plat ready..

Looks good.... I wish we lived closer....

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #9770
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,789
make HBN eat something.....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #9771
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 12,421
Take that ADV food thing to the basement where it belongs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #9772
RebRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Virginia Code:
18.2-154. Shooting at or throwing missiles, etc., at train, car, vessel, etc.; penalty
Any person who maliciously shoots at, or maliciously throws any missile at or against, any train or cars on any railroad or other transportation company or any vessel or other watercraft, or any motor vehicle or other vehicles when occupied by one or more persons, whereby the life of any person on such train, car, vessel, or other watercraft, or in such motor vehicle or other vehicle, may be put in peril, is guilty of a Class 4 felony. In the event of the death of any such person, resulting from such malicious shooting or throwing, the person so offending is guilty of murder in the second degree. However, if the homicide is willful, deliberate and premeditated, he is guilty of murder in the first degree.
If any such act is committed unlawfully, but not maliciously, the person so offending is guilty of a Class 6 felony and, in the event of the death of any such person, resulting from such unlawful act, the person so offending is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
If any person commits a violation of this section by maliciously or unlawfully shooting, with a firearm, at a conspicuously marked law-enforcement, fire or rescue squad vehicle, ambulance or any other emergency medical vehicle, the sentence imposed shall include a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of one year.
(Code 1950, 18.1-152; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1990, c. 426; 2004, c. 461; 2005, c. 143.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal
A friend had a beer bottle tossed at him. It hit him and broke on the ground. No one around but him, the guy driving the car that threw the bottle and his female passenger. There fore no witness.

So that brings up if someone tosses a lit butt out the window, you get hit and it burns your new stitch can you get them for a felony?

Remember several year back the lady that threw the cup of ice into the car next to her on I95 in NOVA that did get charge.
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #9773
RebRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Snakes are your friend they eat mice that may get to your bike's wiring in the garage in the winter... good to have around the barn too.
(need to respect rattlers...or eat them...taste like chicken!!!)

Quote:
I do not want to be on the Biz end of a Rattler , but will not harm one unless it is trying to set up shop in or very near house.. I would still feel quite bad for a long time if i had to dispatch it...

PLEASE Don't kill stuff ONO.

BBQ tonight , CAN JAM of the GODS!
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #9774
twohawks
Not Afraid

Oddometer: 2,749
Bluhduh Lurker...

Who the heck is this nOOb RebRider guy? He should show us some photos of his bike and tell us how long he's been lurkin' here . Good input on the snakes and knowledge of the legal codes though .

Sorry we missed the Can Jam and BBQ.

Utah and Colorado 2010 Ride Report
CAT HERDER'S
BWDR
SMIBS

2008 KLR650
1984 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate
Human Power'd two wheel machine - 2001 StumpJumper Pro Hardtail
CMA ><>
GWRRA

twohawks screwed with this post 06-21-2010 at 07:13 PM
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #9775
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebRider
Virginia Code:
18.2-154. Shooting at or throwing missiles, etc., at train, car, vessel, etc.; penalty
Only thing missing is a definition for "missile" - or is it whatever the enforcer / judge wants to make it, depending upon their opinion of the accused
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #9776
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
... if anyone is hungry and gets here by 7 we will have a plat ready..
mmm looks yummy!
pondering the benefits of being unmarried, without children... as well as the blessings of both....
IT's ALL Good... just different... I'm sure y'all are having a sweet time!
enjoy
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #9777
littlelionmonster
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by derilict
Yooooo, yeah that was me. How you like that speed trip? I still need/want/need one.

You work in the reserach park somewhere?
I'm on the Sprint, but still lusting after the S3. Still think that would get me into trouble. I'm in the research park, just on one of the smaller not defense related buildings.

Didn't realize my snaky friend would cause so much hubbub. But if he was around the house, I'd be looking for a big rock, but out in the woods, take only pics, leave only footprints (or tire tracks depending)

enjoying BF Georgia tonight and tomorrow. See y'all
littlelionmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #9778
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by homepettingzoo
...threw something at me...the plates...were a no go..... dark toyota 4runner with plates xsn-6822.
my first concern would be what did they throw - something that did or was capable of doing damage, or a leaf off a tree? Then, depending on how sure I was that I got the plate characters right, it's now even more serious if the vehicle isn't legally registered, so the cops should be doing all they can to track it down. like, who owns those plates, and do they have a 4runner or a friend with one, etc.............

I guess it's a tad easier and more lucrative to instead sit in the median and wait for the next unsuspecting speeder
Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #9779
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF
Only thing missing is a definition for "missile" - or is it whatever the enforcer / judge wants to make it, depending upon their opinion of the accused
Still need a witness.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #9780
HBN OP
is car free

Oddometer: 11,942
And for you silly cats who didn't show...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=357

Holy Shit!
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote