User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
k2vinnie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thumb Thanks

Nice report, makes me miss that place. I lived in Woonsocket, R.I. and Fort Kent, Me. for most my life. Don't get those kind of pictures down here in Louisiana. Nice write up, thanks.
k2vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #32
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Love the WiFi hijack, Gail.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 AM   #33
EvilClown OP
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,529
Thanks for the comments, folks, and thanks for posting a ride, Gail! Looks like you had a good day for it. What is that place anyhoo?

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #34
EvilClown OP

"Serendipity"

If I were to sum up this report in one word, that would be it. But by now you must know one word is not my style.

An email is floating around during the week about a ride down in Mass on Saturday with a breakfast stop beforehand. Being the ever responsible caretaker I decline early knowing what lies ahead for me at the EvilClown 'compound'. However, out of nowhere, I also mention that the local Duc dealer is also having an open house Saturday - like that will happen.

Early Saturday morning rolls along and I rationalize, "I could just meet Andrew for breakfast and still be back in time to get the 'to do' list whittled down..."

A few quick emails back and forth and next thing I know I'm finally suited up and rolling towards Peterboro with Andrew.

It's a great ride over in the early morning air. Rain has mostly passed. Not too cool. Just right. Nice day for a ride.

We arrive without incident and my worries of the 'walking soon' light coming on along the way were unfounded. Hungry, we head into the diner.

Nearly forgetting the obligatory food shots, we devour our hearty meal while discussing the upcoming ride - amongst other things. Andrew's doing his best to talk me into it. I'm doing my best to resist going.

"I'll ride over with you to the gas station meeting spot and decide from there."

Bellies full, we continue the few miles over to Ringe. Thouhts like, "There's a guy over here with a WR250R for sale...maybe I should..." go through my helmet on the way.

We arrive at the station about the time my light comes on. After filling up we wander over and meet the others waiting for the leader.

FTB pic

The ususal pre-ride chatter ensues. Still hemming and hawing about continuing with Andrew. "I really should be back by at least noon as that is when the DCSR will be done."

The statement, "There might be 60 or 70 bikes eventually" seals the deal for me. Call me antisocial but I'm all set with that.

We say our farewells and off I go. Before leaving I'm told 137 up to Hancock is a nice ride. Sounds good.

The road doesn't disappoint. From there I head towards Greenfield...

...where I stop for a quick picture. Instead of continuing the way we came earlier I decide I'll cut across the back way down New Boston Road.

Turning at the Yankee Seige (and earlier tag, btw), I let my eyes wander over the mixture of eclectic iron and stonework. Over on the banking along the road is the word 'DREAM' laid out in stone like a Disney topiary.

Just about the time I bring my eyes back to the road I notice along the side is the local constable - parked - waiting for someone just like me.

Sure enough, he pulls out giving me the friendly signal that he'd like to see me for a moment. "Oh good."

I stop. We exchange information. Me, my DMV records - him, some friendly driving advice.

Thankfully, this was not going to involve any funds today. "Whew!" We don't need that. Neither the DCSR nor my insurance carrier are impressed with performance awards.

Our little social encounter over with I carefully make my way back to the barn - this time paying closer attention to that thing on my dash that keeps me out of that kind of trouble.

Greeted with, "You're back earlier than I expected..." I plant the seed of us both taking a ride and heading up for the tag in Madison. Some careful watering and nurturing and next thing I know we're suiting up and heading towards Madison.

We take the back way being careful not to make the ride too exhilerating.

It's a beautiful afternoon for a ride!

Before you know it Rosie has us at the dirt road heading into the boulder.

Once there we get the tag shots out of the way and have a look around.

With nothing for scale it doesn't seem like much.

It's BIG.

"Just how big?"

The black flies having had their fill, we head towards the library.

Another tag successfully captured and posted, we make our way over to the Saco to see how our campsite faired the winter. Water's still a little high and silty but everything looks hunky dorey.

Next, it's over to Hurricane Mountain...

This might make a fine tag. Maybe give someone who's never been here a chance to experience this road.

Somewhere along the way in a wind buffeted 'helmet to helmet' conversation I plant the seed "We could just find a place to stay up here and head back tomorrow." The idea isn't immediately dismissed so I get the watering can back out.

A quick stop at the overlook on the other side of North Conway.

Some logistics are worked out for our daughter back home. Actually, more for the peace of mind of the DCSR. I bring up the points that with everything she has planned this afternoon and this evening this is actually the perfect opportunity to pull this off.

The idea has grown on her.

Now, with all kinds of time like the 'soon to be empty nesters' that we are, we decide to take a little break...

...lounging about...

...just staring up at the clouds slowly floating by.

Our moment is broken with "Is that Cathedral Ledge over there?" "Looks like it. Let's go see."

Rested, we make our way over.

Walking over to the viewing area, traversing the roots we're both reminded of the two Russian boys we brought up a few years back. They were from Chernobyl and never really got outside much. In a full run over to the fence one of them trips on a root and face plants. It hurt to watch. Of course, with none of us speaking a bit of Russian we did our best to ask if he was alright. Just like kids here he bounced right back - albeit with some raw knees - and we continued on for a great afternoon. But I digress...

This is our billionth trip up here yet it is still special.

'Flug' pose.

'River dance on the ledge' shot.

The other Echo Lake.

Indeed. There are.

We watch for a while as these two set up a rope - presumably for those down below.

A macro shot just for practice...

...and we make our way back to the bike.

We head back towards town...

...and note that our kayak launch site is under construction.

They look to be far enough along that it won't interfere with the annual trek.

Always lobbying for a place up north I record the number. Might be in our price range and at least it has a bathroom.

A blast from our past we decide to stay here.

The owner, interupted from her wallpapering, meets us in the entry way. We check in, get a key and talk for a bit. "...Dick and Terry left about five years ago." "I guess it's been a while since we've stayed here..." Probably more like ten years. Time sure does fly.

We find our cabin and wander aimlessly as we don't know what to do since we have nothing to unpack. Better make a quick supply run.

After the DCSR's Austin Powers 'Judo chop' impression we head in and get our survival gear.

Better post the new tag before we get settled in just in case someone in NH still rides their bike. While posting I hear, "Work the camera! Give me the hairy eyeball."

"Good. Now give me the 'look' "

Took years to perfect this. Our daughter's favorite, btw.

Tag posted, we make our way back to the cabin...

...unpack...

...get the bike parked for the night...

...get ready and head for dinner.

About half a block away we find this.

While we wait for a table we enjoy these...

...while this guy looks on.

We finally get a table and have a fantastic dinner - completely forgetting the food shots.

Back at the room...

...a little fire...

...a little

...and dare I 'click'...

Let's keep it rated 'G', people!

Morning comes and even though we're staying at a bed and breakfast we take a walk and find some coffee.

Still not sure I completely understand that sign.

Checking in back home...

...coffee turns into a full breakfast.

The tables are decorated with messages from past diners...

...scribbled on napkins.

We kick around plans for the day. "I don't really want to be getting home at 4..."

Another 'Flug' pose before we leave.

We head out while breakfast is being served back at the inn.

We cross the bridge and head over to Passaconaway Road...

...crossing the Albany covered bridge and hitting the Kanc.

After yesterday's encounter I'm very aware of the LEO's on this road. We find none.

Up the road a bit we stop at our secret spot and hang around awhile.

Later in the season most of this rock will be exposed. Great place for a picnic.

Yup. One more.

Back on the road we make our way over the pass. Just before Loon we spot what we've been looking for...

...a moose!

The DCSR is psyched!

As we all move in for a closer look all I can think of is that video years ago from up in Alaska when a moose stomped some poor dood. If we make the news tonight we may be the only ones here dressed for such an event.

After getting a few seconds recorded we get while the gettings good. "Now if we just saw a bear today that would make it complete!"

I've got an employment propect in this town I want to check on...

...apparently it's been filled.

Before heading south we make a quick stop.

"Psssst....there's a coupla yahoo's over there. Play it cool...don't do anything interesting and maybe they'll just go away."

"Pay no attention to that sign over there."

A true New Hampshire treasure.

Taking the back roads south...

...we stumble across a few past tags...

...as well as one of the finest examples of a New England 'expansion mansion' I have ever seen.

A quick break. Next stop: Hemano's.

We meet this little guy as we stopped for a light.

Dang! Hermano's doesn't open until 5 on Sunday. Starving and psyched for Mexican we go to plan B.

After another great meal we make the final leg of our little journey home arriving before 4pm as requested - it was about 3.

Here's to the DCSR's first motorcycle overnighter. May there be many more.

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #35
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown

Here's to the DCSR's first motorcycle overnighter. May there be many more.

I miss 2 up riding. Looks like a great ride, EC.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:37 AM   #36
EvilClown OP

After what seemed like 40 days and 40 nights of rain it was time for a dry ride. The new tag was as good a destination as any and there happened to be a great diner just up the road from it. It had all the makings for an early morning run.

After getting everything ready I finally pull out around 5:30. Just as well. A little bit more light to see the critters that might be moving about.

The tag's in Tilton – or very near it. It's also a race weekend. Traffic could be horrendous if one stayed on the main roads - but what's the fun in that?

There's something about the early morning light I've always liked.

The front wheel points me to just about the most indirect route to the Tilton area. Eventually, the route dumps me out into the center of Hopkinton.

Maybe it's time to plug something into Rosie so we don't have to take advantage of that 'all day' breakfast at the diner. At least we'll know if we're heading in the general direction.

One of those critters we were talking about. At least it's a relatively small one

Carefully following Rosie's guidance I recognize a road sign from a previous tag and take the turn.

The view from the top of the hill is spectacular. My picture...not so much.

Over hill and dale...

...and a river, even.

About the time Rosie gets it all sorted out and is back on track, a dirt road is spotted out of the corner of my eye.

She's not happy but we are.

The road starts to get better.

Then Rosie just throws her arms up.

Better get a shot of that so I have a chance of finding it again.

Three guys just standing on a street corner, early in the morning in the middle of nowhere. Odd.

Lame shadow shot.

A little tire kicking.

The cc's are about the only thing that draws me to the big Ruckus.

Ok. I'll also admit that 4 grand for a used scooter is a tough pill to swallow. Did I mention I was on the KLR today?

The little back roads finally dump us out into Franklin.

We're getting closer.

In the neighborhood of the arch I spot this in a garage chained to another less interesting bike.

Sometimes they'll place these signs at the beginning of the street instead of in the more obvious pucker brush at the actual dead end.

After being able to see the arch for a while I finally figger out how to get there after asking an old buck out on his porch for directions but not being able to understand him due to my ear plugs, helmet and lack of nourishment.

We ride right up the motorcycle track to the base of it.

A few shots since we're here...

Looks like we're under surveillance...

...or at least they want it to appear as though we are.

On the way out I grab a shot of the cemetery gate...

...before hitting the library down the street for wi-fi.

To my amazement, all of my meandering didn't earn me a brucing. I post the tag.

Tag in the bag I wander across the street and find a herd of cabeese.

Or is it a flock?

The other end of the depot has a Northfield sign.

Meanwhile, the trusty steed waits at the library. What ever happened to the concept of constructing impressive buildings?

Moving on, it's time to eat.

An empty booth in the corner is the perfect spot to lose the gear and see if there's any wi-fi.

There is.

I post up a shot of breakfast and some info on the old tag while I'm eating.

Tummy full and gearing up, a couple of other bikes pull in.

Nice day to be out and about on a bike.

As much as it's warmed up it's hard to imagine the amount snow this rig has seen over the years.

Making my way back through Tilton I see a vendor with a bunch of animal shaped balloons and I wonder just how many of those he expects to sell sitting in the park. Tilton isn't that big. Then I see this guy.

They must be gearing up for some festivities this morning.

More tire kicking.

Package deal!

Not sure which one was rustier. Might make a good rig for some winter riding, though. That bucket would sure come in handy for getting the snow bankings pushed back.

Further down the road is a detour or two for what I'm guessing is going to be a parade. There's also a road race of the running variety. Eventually I get to the route I'm looking for.

This little dirt road distracts me for a bit...

...as does this back road with a one lane bridge.

Another dirt road...

...takes me to what eventually become the new tag.

I've seen this a few times. Stopped recently after a ride in Hop-Ev to read the plaque...

Speaks volumes of the changes in our culture over just the past 47 years.

...but today I venture a little further in.

This stone catches my eye.

I wander through the gate and have a look at the other side.

A few more stones...

Typically, if I look for a stone, it's the oldest stone. Today I find what I believe is the newest.

For some reason it is somewhat surprising it's so recent.

After a few more photos it's time to head for home.

There's a graduation party we need to attend this afternoon.

It's been a great morning for a ride!

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #37
EvilClown OP

North American Tag-O-Rama Goes International!

It at least starts in New England so here goes...

Camp week was suddenly here and the North American Tag-O-Rama game had made its way to New Hampshire. The fact that the weather was perfect after 40 days and 40 nights of rain almost made it mandatory that I go get it.

After putting it off the night before thinking baiku had made his way up to get it after grabbing the NH tag, I gathered my gear and slipped out of the camp site after a couple cups of coffee and a few bites of leftover nachos.

Mmmmmmm…they’re not just for breakfast anymore.

The day couldn’t be any better…

…after stopping for gas I made my way through the center of North Conway…

…traffic was light…

…best of all, he sky was perfectly clear.

Forgetting how long it actually takes to get there, we are pleased to arrive before they open.

The camera keeps me entertained…

At 7:30 sharp, the toll booth dood opens the gates, takes our money and hands us a ‘This motorcycle climbed Mount Washington’ sticker while asking if we’d ever been on the road on a bike before. “Yes” “Have a good ride!”

Ahead of all the cars saves me having to…ahem, pass them on the way up. Apparently they frown on passing on this road.

Not too far up the road I spot this little guy crossing the road. In all my eggcitement it’s all I can do to get pulled over and turned around enough to get a shot.

I even manage a tiny video before he sneaks into the woods.

That was a nice surprise.

The views today are spectacular!

Finally reaching the top, I take advantage of the fact that I’m the first paying customer to the top today and make my way past the parking lot for a couple of shots…

Pretty sure that‘s the shot SallyDog did to kick off the NH TOR.

Parking the mule back down in the lot…

…I make my way up the stairs to the visitor’s center and summit.

There’s a concrete crew waiting for their mix to cure enough to begin working it. We chat. “Must be one heck of a ride on that road in a cement truck. Up probably wouldn‘t seem too bad but I‘ll bet down can get a bit hairy…”

Wandering around a bit I watch as the ranger makes a repair to the summit sign.

Climbing up to talk with him he explains it just hasn’t been the same since they found this guy hanging over it one day.

After a quick stop inside it’s time to find the egg. Pulling out my printed copies of Whistler’s foggy images and set of instructions I realize I’m practically standing on the prize. Back over to the sign by the concrete work I look into the rocks wondering which one of these holes is holding the bag. “Hey! Looky there!”

Apparently, either the critter who makes it his home didn’t care for the obstruction or the wind and gravity worked its magic. The bag is in plain sight.

Wondering if I really found the egg I reach for it. Finding a handy bench I empty out the contents. WhistlingFool had left a cornucopia of swag! I carefully pawed through it examining each item.

“Ahhhh…the egg! What’s this? Oh, it’s a disc lock…and a sticker…” When I got to the rubber gloves and bar of soap I had flashbacks to WhizzerWheels’s hotel room scenes a few episodes back. “Hmmmmmm…should I be wearing these while I handle the egg? Is the bar of soap for some sort of decon procedure…?”

Deciding it’s too late for these precautions, we head up to the summit for the obligatory photos after finding there is no wi-fi on the summit.…(you never know)

We head back inside…

…sign the guestbook…

…stop and see our friends in the lounge…

…a quick check of the weather…

…then back outside to take in the sights.

We resist the urge to scratch our initials in the wet cement…

Before we go I leave behind something in case someone else makes the trek today.

It’s one of the ADV magnets WhistlingFool left. Don’t want them going home empty handed.

Making our way back to the bike I realize we may have a bit of a dilemma. There’s only so much room in the tail bag and I still have the laptop to get in there. “Gonna be tight in there, Egg.”

He squeezes in.

Technically the egg did not hitchhike.

The views on the way down are just as spectacular…

More of the road down…

They’ve just hit the gravel section with calcium.

Thankfully he waves me by. It might have been a painful ride to the bottom behind him.

On the way down we pass a couple of bikes. We wonder if they might be on their way to rescue the egg. :snickersnicker

At the bottom I stop and talk with the toll dood again. They have a few bears hanging around the area. There’s a momma bear and a couple of cubs they see once in a while as well as the one I saw.

Heading out, I grab the shot missed on the way in…

Just before pulling out onto 16, a couple more bikes swing in. They’re from Quebec. “Maybe they’ve come to bring the egg further north…”

To be continued…

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #38
NikonVT
Gettin Bruced Again

Oddometer: 2,446
Fantesticle. Good RR. All these years being in this area and I've never done the autoroad, in a cage of on a bike. I've hiked to the top and taken the cog but never the road. I guess I'll have to do that one of these days.

So where ya bringing the egg?

I don't know how I missed this thread before but I like the pics you have of Echo and Pemi (the Clark's Bears). Those silly two are always trying to knock each other off that perch (Echo usually wins, even though she's smaller and a girl)...... Next time you're in town let me know.

Bras cause cancer.
NikonVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #39
EvilClown OP

Thanx, Nikon!

Don't want to spoil the surprise for you or anyone else, NikonVT but here's a short video of the climb the other day:

Back to a connection that allows me to upload them.

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #40
WhistlingFool
Dixie!? I know a Dixie...

Oddometer: 693
Thanks

... man, it almost like I took the trip myself.. thanks fro showing me what I
missed!!!

the bike lock replaces TWO flashlights.. a head strap and a little mini led jobby...

Egg has some weird habits and I wanted you to be prepared to help.. seems Egg has a bad drinkin habit and soap and gloves will come in handy...

One wonders what was found to replace the cornicopia...

and Larry said, "Wow, you really need to run out of gas more often!"

by Northwoods Yeti - "Rubber mallet and Crisco here I come...."

Read My 2005 Trip Report
WhistlingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #41
EvilClown OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingFool
... man, it almost like I took the trip myself.. thanks fro showing me what I
missed!!!

the bike lock replaces TWO flashlights.. a head strap and a little mini led jobby...

Egg has some weird habits and I wanted you to be prepared to help.. seems Egg has a bad drinkin habit and soap and gloves will come in handy...

One wonders what was found to replace the cornicopia...

Hey there, Whistler! I don't want you to get the wrong idea because I do appreciate your effort but I kept the lock with the egg - only because I already have one and thought someone else should have it. A few others goodies were added, though. Thanks for the swag!

And about this problem you speak of...we didn't notice anything unusual...

Oops! Let out a bit of the next installment.

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #42
EvilClown OP

A little of the way down...

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #43
EvilClown OP

Back on the road with the egg safe and secure in the tail bag we make our way up to Pinkham B Road. It’s a nice little dirt road with a couple of paved patches on the steeper sections. It cuts over the back of the mountain over to Route 2.

A warning catches my eye…

…that makes sense as I get back on the bike. The eyelets on the tail bag are being ripped off. “Hmmmmmm…better do something with that before we lose the egg.”

At the intersection with Route 2 I remedy the situation after being reminded by the egg that it was safer being tucked into a critter hole in one of the most inhospitable places on earth than on the back of my bike about to be launched off the back on the next frost heave.

With the bungee net on and out of the tail bag, the egg welcomes the additional space and the added feeling of security.

We move on having some exploring to do around Gorham.

A sign catches my eye. When you’re eating the putty out of the windows you need to keep a sense of humor.

They nailed it.

A moose shot for the scavenger hunt…

…then it’s on to the exploring.

Making my way across the Androscoggin I look for an alternative to Route 2 for my ’White Mountain loop‘...

...I find the dirt…which leads me to another dam...

The egg has a look around...

...then we move on...

…possible camping spot...

Reaching a fairly large gully - which of course the camera can't adequately capture - Egg ain’t skeered now that the bungee net is in place.

Another nice little stealth camping spot is discovered…

…we’ll keep this in the back of our mind for later.

After some exploring of the dirt roads and never finding an outlet at the other end, we make our way over to Route 2 via North Road to see how it’ll all tie in.

Just a half mile away from the end of 113! Egg-cellent!

Back across the bridge I decide to take North Road further and see where it comes out.

It eventually comes out on Route 2 where we head west back towards NH along with a couple of other bikes.

They turn off.

Further down there’s construction…

We catch another bike...

Finally, through the road work, I pass the cruiser and eventually turn onto Evans Notch Road.

Cruising along fat, dumb and happy the bike begins to sputter. “Hmmmmmmm…already at reserve? No problemo. I haven’t opened the petcock on the other lobe of the tank yet - should have plenty of fuel.”

Valve opened, the bike continues to run. "Ahhhhhh...."

After a spirited ride through the notch and making our way towards Hurricane, the bike sputters again. “This isn’t good.” Best case I’m next to a farm with some activity. If things don’t go well maybe they’ll have some gas they’ll sell me.

I stop and switch both petcocks to ’reserve’ - hoping there’s a touch more fuel in the bottom of the two lobes.

Keeping things under wraps so as no to alarm the egg, it starts and continues to run. I keep moving ahead but now I’m getting nervous. Not sure how far this will get me - maybe just far enough to have to walk back to the farm and ask the guys in the hay wagon I blew by for gas. That’s how life works sometimes.

We anxiously roll along. Fryeburg, where I know there’s gas, has never been farther away. The mule keeps going. I find myself coasting on the hills. Never an easy feeling when you’ve resorted to this.

If we have to walk, the egg is gonna be madder than a wet hen...

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #44
EvilClown OP

Light on the throttle and nervously coasting down the hills, I eventually spot a sign that says ‘Gas’ but don’t get too excited as it’s just retro enough that I wonder if it isn’t just a sign with no pumps.

“Ahhhhhhh…there are actual pumps and the place looks open!”

Fueled up I call the DCSR and see if they’ve gone for lunch yet. They haven’t. “Yes. I have the egg. We’ll meet you at Horsefeathers.”
We make our way over.

Finding a place to park...

...I meet the clan inside.

They’ve already ordered an appetizer.

At first the egg iss taken aback but the waiter explains it's rabbit and just tastes like chicken. (The egg’s a bit gullible.)

Being Horsefeathers, I have to order the calamari Caesar salad.

The egg doesn’t seem to mind it. He skips desert for the time being even though he’s a member of the clean plate club.

After lunch we look around downtown on the way back to the bike…

…getting a picture of the egg and the bear…

…then it’s off to the ‘Flamingo Lounge’.

Bike parked for the day, we show the egg around…

…letting him slowly adjust to the hustle and bustle of camp life at the Flamingo Lounge.

Wandering next door he sits on Manny’s bike, quietly 'letting his lunch settle' before getting off…

…and going back to ’play’ with the dogs.

After an exhausting romp with the dogs he sits back and takes a cat nap.

Before too long it’s nearly dinner time. He orders a cocktail and enjoys the river while dinner is being prepared.

“Mmmmmmmm…“ It just happens to be steak kabob night.

Little does egg know he’ll need this protein to build his strength for what lies ahead.

After dinner, quick stop over to ’Flamingo Ink’ - the local tattoo emporium - garners egg with another tat.

Returning back to camp, egg meets some neighbors who are interested in hearing his story and seeing his new art. We quickly learn that he is a bit of a ’ladies egg’.

Unfortunately for egg, she’s taken, so he has desert instead.

After desert he builds us a nice fire to gather around.

After a grueling day we sit around the fire listening to his stories of travel and singing cowboy songs late into the evening.

Eventually, we all slip off to our bunks (feather beds for those in the FL ) with egg deciding to sleep out under the stars next to the glow of the dying embers...

~Augustine of Hippo
Old 07-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #45
whizzerwheel
Using Occam's Razor

Oddometer: 1,225
Really nice work EC....Somehow I missed all of this except the first installment, Until now.
WR's in NH and Maine: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733821
whizzerwheel is offline   Reply With Quote