Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #1141
HeadPoseur
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapping Lad View Post
Here's some stuff to ponder...

Maybe a 10.5:1 piston, hotter cam, FI tuner, FMF exhaust. Maybe it could still keep its reliability.

Just found some FI tuning for the '13-'14 models.
http://www.discount-moto-direct.com/.../#.UiwxEsb5Z8E

Other potentials

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-RAPTO...-/110446115475

http://valvetrain.kpmivalvetrain.com...r-2008-to-2013

http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_250.htm
I've been checking out the Ct Racing and the Duncan Racing sites for possible XT compatable mods for a while now. Now that it's pretty obvious that the cranks and pistons will be interchangeable, we are in business.
I have been eyeing the SERDI valve job with the Baja cam from Duncan.
I plan on calling them next week to see what they think. Especially are they willing to work with us 2 wheelers.
Extra HP gets expensive pretty fast. I do like that polished 30HP engine from CT, thats looks wicked cool.
HeadPoseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #1142
HeadPoseur
Adventurer

Hey. I've been picking up great information from 'yall for some time, figured I should post a pic of my ride. Here she is;

I've made some changes and upgrades over the past 2 years and recently finished the LED flasher upgrade. She is nearing completion as far as I can tell. So far this is what I have done;
Dunlop 606 tires, Cannon Race Craft custom fork springs, Eibach rear spring, Race Tech Gold Valve in shock, Moose Racing skidplate, IMS stainless steel footpegs, DRC pedal savers, Moose Racing Woods XC bend handlebars, Zeta Comp handlebar clamp, Cycra lever protectors, DRC folding mirrors, Renazco Racing suede seat -wider, taller, and more level, Rikizoh titanium head pipe, Stomp Grip on the side panels, Renthal Grip donuts, DRC 586 rear flashers, DRC Edge tail light, Dyna Flash brakelight flasher (pulses brake light 4x fast, then flashes 4x slow then goes steady each time you apply brakes. A real attention getter with thise bright LED's), DRC 601 front flashers, Custom LED flasher relay, Custom LED Blinker Genie (lets you use 2 wire flashers and retain running light function), Yamaha rear carrier, Moose Racing fender pack riveted to Acerbis front fender, cutom Tugger front strap, PIAA Sports horn mounted where the toolkit was. I also cut off the helmet lock, horn and rear turn signal mounts (1/2 lb of metal!).
Not pictured are a Wolfman Enduro tank bag and Wolfman Peak tail bag. Both are top quality and have secure mounting systems.
I'll probably do the Delta 4S (Japan Spec) exhaust and a DNA air filter in the near future. I plan on sending the forks to Race Tech this winter to have cartridge Emulators installed.
I am so happy with how the bike fits me now and how well the suspension mods turned out. I have a hard time remembering how unhappy I was with my stock bike when I blaze down a logging road at 50MPH smiling my way through mega pot holes the whole time. I actually swerve into the potholes now...
Now that I have gone this far, I will be on tha path to start with real engine mods.
A friend of mine also removed the air induction system from his bike. He said he used silicone caps to plug the holes on the airbox and manifold. He bought a block off plate (4D3-1112F-00-00) and gasket (5XT-14815-00-00) from a Raptor 250 and bolted that over the spot in the cylinder head where the air induction hoses hook up. He said it saved 10 ounces of weight and the bike starts much quicker.

HeadPoseur screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 04:35 PM
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1143
Strapping Lad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadPoseur View Post
I've been checking out the Ct Racing and the Duncan Racing sites for possible XT compatable mods for a while now. Now that it's pretty obvious that the cranks and pistons will be interchangeable, we are in business.
I have been eyeing the SERDI valve job with the Baja cam from Duncan.
I plan on calling them next week to see what they think. Especially are they willing to work with us 2 wheelers.
Extra HP gets expensive pretty fast. I do like that polished 30HP engine from CT, thats looks wicked cool.
Let me know what they have to say.

I figure the 10.5:1 piston/cam kit, FI tuner, Exhaust I mentioned would set me back about $600, but I have no clue what the power gain would be. 5hp maybe? It would be a fun project but probably not worth the extra time and cost when I could just be putting more miles on it.
Strapping Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #1144
Strapping Lad
Adventurer

Quote:
Hey. I've been picking up great information from 'yall for some time, figured I should post a pic of my ride. Here she is;
Nice setup! I plugged the air injection system yesterday. Just removed the valve and the plugged the three fittings with rubber caps and all is well. The bike seems to run and pull smoother. Maybe its in my head but I noticed it as soon as I took off down the street.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #1145
Rat 1
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb

The Missus bought her 2010 XT250Y new and with thoughts of getting her road licence, but she has shied away from getting it now soo....ive been helping her improve it over the past couple of months. I ride it monthly to keep the battery charged and have a bit of fun as well.
Ive changed the standard 'Death wings" tyres to Michelin, had barkBuster handguards fitted, a custom rack fitted and have a tank bag that was to go on my roadbike. These alone has really transformed the bike heaps!! It was fun before, it even more enjoyable to ride now!!
I'll find some pics and put them up soon.
Rat 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #1146
jna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
[QUOTE=HeadPoseur;22282854]Hey. I've been picking up great information from 'yall for some time,
Yamaha rear carrier,

Where did you get the luggage rack?
jna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1147
CajunE
sportsman

Oddometer: 76
I am selling my 2008 XT

Selling my 2008Xt for 2,500. I am including a fly helmet, tank bag and rear bag Front tire is a new D606 and back tire needs to be replaced in near future. It also is a D606. Moose bark busters, FMF exhaust, fabricated bash plate, made replacement airfilter. If you are interested PM me. Clear title. Wanted to tell people who appreciate XTs first. Here are some pics.
http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/en...tml?sort=3&o=0
http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/en...tml?sort=3&o=1
http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/en...tml?sort=3&o=2
CajunE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #1148
CajunE
sportsman

Oddometer: 76
Pics

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/en...tml?sort=3&o=2
http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/en...tml?sort=3&o=0
http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/en...tml?sort=3&o=1
CajunE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #1149
HeadPoseur
Adventurer

[QUOTE=jna;22289038]
Quote:
Hey. I've been picking up great information from 'yall for some time,
Yamaha rear carrier,

Where did you get the luggage rack?
I got the luggage rack from Webike Japan along with the titanium header. They don't ship the order for almost 5 weeks after they take your money, but once they ship it, it's here in a week. Yup, 6 weeks. I think it was $120. Freight is too expensive IMO unless you do a $500 order for free freight. I wanted that rack from day 1, why Yamaha doesn't bring it to the US I have no idea. Make sure to search for Serow 250 parts on the website, that's where you will find most of the parts. They also sell the Yamaha square tube rack and the optional saddlebag stays if you like that one. I like the PIAA foglight kit for the forks, but not for almost $400.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #1150
allxt250
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
New to the forum but this is mine. Bought it back in april. Just rolled over 2200 mile and I have to be my favorite bike I have owned !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
allxt250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #1151
Strapping Lad
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allxt250 View Post
New to the forum but this is mine. Bought it back in april. Just rolled over 2200 mile and I have to be my favorite bike I have owned !
I am planning the same mod for extra fuel when I do long trips. Great minds think alike! How sturdy is the L bracket for the fuel?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #1152
allxt250
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Its really sturdy surprisingly one of my favorite upgrades!

allxt250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #1153
markpenn
O.C.

Oddometer: 1
XT250 Handle bars??

Want some handle bars for a 2008 XT250 that sweep back some and higher; but not enough to cause cable changes.. any recommendations? Thanks in advance
markpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #1154
Strapping Lad
Adventurer

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpenn View Post
Want some handle bars for a 2008 XT250 that sweep back some and higher; but not enough to cause cable changes.. any recommendations? Thanks in advance
I looked at various brands of MX bars and they all sell the same stuff. CR high, YZ, KLX, etc. The sweep on all of them is quite small, 2 in. at the most. I ordered a set of Renthal 7/8 low street bars. (I don't need a cross brace and a pad) They are not super tall compared to the others but more pull back. They should come in tomorrow so I'll post some pictures when I get them on this week.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #1155
HeadPoseur
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapping Lad View Post
Nice setup! I plugged the air injection system yesterday. Just removed the valve and the plugged the three fittings with rubber caps and all is well. The bike seems to run and pull smoother. Maybe its in my head but I noticed it as soon as I took off down the street.
I felt the exact same way when I started the engine, seemed to fire in 1/2 as many revolutions. I don't hink it's in your head.

I called Duncan Racing and talked with Leonard Duncan, he says they have no problem working on motorcycles at all. I am waiting now for a return call from Loren Duncan to talk about my options.

If someone doesn't (or hasn't already) beat me to it, I think I'll have an XT280 with a baja cam by springtime. :-)