ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #691
phil77
Adventurer
 
phil77's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia beach
Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
Check this post out inthe other KLX thread. He wants stock dog-bones. Swap potential.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=6065

You'll want to bring the fork tubes up in the triple clamps when you lower the rear.
Any idea on how much I would need to bring the fork tubes up or where I could find it.. I saw that post, but I want to hold on to the stock ones incase I want to go back to the stock height as I get better at riding. but thnks
phil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #692
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer
 
250senuf's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Kootenai, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 2,207
You can't bring them up much because the diameter changes.
__________________
Not all who wonder are confused
250senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #693
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Oddometer: 1,779
The family got the hint, I got a bunch of cash for x-mas this year and I spent it all in about 3 orders. Una-biker radiator guards, check. cyclerack, check. 2 gallon rotopax and mount, check. I also ordered a Mumford and Sons CD, the new volume of the walking dead graphic novel, and a brass bell for my steampunk flavored mini bike build. ;)

Pics soon.
__________________
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S
2001 Yamaha TW200 (Wife's bike)
2005 Yamaha FZ6

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #694
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
The family got the hint, I got a bunch of cash for x-mas this year and I spent it all in about 3 orders. Una-biker radiator guards, check. cyclerack, check. 2 gallon rotopax and mount, check. I also ordered a Mumford and Sons CD, the new volume of the walking dead graphic novel, and a brass bell for my steampunk flavored mini bike build. ;)

Pics soon.
The cyclerack came in, it's pretty sweet.



and the rad guards:



__________________
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S
2001 Yamaha TW200 (Wife's bike)
2005 Yamaha FZ6

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #695
maxjett
maxjett
 
maxjett's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 512
KLX250S graphics

I just bought an 2007 KLX250s and the original owner removed all the graphics. So I need some graphics and am a bit confused if the 2007 Fuel tank/radiator shrouds are different that the 2008 and up and also is the KLX300 shrouds same as my 2007?
maxjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #696
Lutz
Killer Rabbit
 
Lutz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: North Shore of Lake Superior
Oddometer: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjett View Post
I just bought an 2007 KLX250s and the original owner removed all the graphics. So I need some graphics and am a bit confused if the 2007 Fuel tank/radiator shrouds are different that the 2008 and up and also is the KLX300 shrouds same as my 2007?
As far as I know, the 2006/2007 models are the only exact match. Anything newer is different, as are the KLX300 bits.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #697
Corytrade
n00b
 
Corytrade's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 8
Pissed

So my Dirt-Bagz got stolen when I was parked at school a few weeks ago . What do you guys use for travel gear that can be locked onto the bike?

Other than that, mine is still stock and only has 2800 miles on it.
__________________
2009 KLX250s CA Edition (Red)- Unmodded
1980 CB750 - Planning to make it "cooler"
Corytrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #698
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless
 
Rob.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Fulltiming in an RV!
Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corytrade View Post
So my Dirt-Bagz got stolen when I was parked at school a few weeks ago . What do you guys use for travel gear that can be locked onto the bike?

Other than that, mine is still stock and only has 2800 miles on it.
That blows!!

I've been worried about the same thing so that's why I've resisted getting a set. What I want to get is the Givi E21 (21 liter) plastic side boxes and racks from Happy-Trail.com. $439 for the whole package. Pricey, but they seem sized just right for the bike. I have a set on my DR650 and they're really nice. They take quite a beating and are holding together well, and are waterproof, lockable and theft-proof.

Rob
__________________
'12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
'96 Suzuki DR650
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #699
markb1b
Byrdman
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 2
Noobie

Just recently purchased an 09 KLX 250s, 3650miles. So far love the bike. Haven't fully set it up yet for the full blown adventure ride but have some good guidence from fellow riders I ride with. It is great to see a somewhat dedicated KLX 250 site. Alot of KLX 650 stuff on ADVEN RIDER. Either way it's all good. Hopefully I'll be able to add some lessons learned and adventures soon.
markb1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #700
djvx
Ride Safe!
 
djvx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by markb1b View Post
Just recently purchased an 09 KLX 250s, 3650miles. So far love the bike. Haven't fully set it up yet for the full blown adventure ride but have some good guidence from fellow riders I ride with. It is great to see a somewhat dedicated KLX 250 site. Alot of KLX 650 stuff on ADVEN RIDER. Either way it's all good. Hopefully I'll be able to add some lessons learned and adventures soon.
Great great bikes man. The klx, kdx, kx, ther all badass.Welcome aboard good luck with your bike. Ebay has a rack for 79.00 i been lookin' to order. Then I can bring some exta gas along.
__________________
Kawasaki KLX250SF, Harley Davidson Iron 883, Yamaha YTM200E 3Wheeler, Yamaha YFM250X Bear Tracker quad.
djvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #701
mashrider
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Cullman AL
Oddometer: 70
I got the ebay rack and its great!
__________________
2012 Road King Classic (my touring Bike)
2013 Yamaha XT250
1974 Yamaha. MX 125 my race bike
mashrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #702
AeroEngineer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
AeroEngineer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 231
New knobbies and paint on a KLX250SF:



__________________
-Robert
2010 Ural Patrol (mine)
2009 KLX250SF (hers)
2006 DR650 (???)
AeroEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #703
GanderOutdoors
Retired Old Fart
 
GanderOutdoors's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Poky, ID
Oddometer: 7
Saw the bars and wondered how you got them mounted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
The cyclerack came in, it's pretty sweet.



and the rad guards:



I tried the same handlebars on mine and need about 2 - 3 more inches of cable.
GanderOutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #704
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanderOutdoors View Post
I tried the same handlebars on mine and need about 2 - 3 more inches of cable.
Mine fit fine, they are the KX bend.
__________________
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S
2001 Yamaha TW200 (Wife's bike)
2005 Yamaha FZ6

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #705
GanderOutdoors
Retired Old Fart
 
GanderOutdoors's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Poky, ID
Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Mine fit fine, they are the KX bend.
That might explain it, thanks.
GanderOutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014