ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #196
bonegrl
n00biest of n00bs

Oddometer: 298
I don't normally google these tags, I just enjoy waiting for the pictures and stuff (some may call it lurking). But this one I had to look-up. Very cool.
bonegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #197
stretchmark
StretchMark

Oddometer: 331
I got it. Bizarre place. Now just need to get home before some else posts their pics. I saw more the one set of motorcycle tracks :)
stretchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #198
kliff
Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark
I got it. Bizarre place. Now just need to get home before some else posts their pics. I saw more the one set of motorcycle tracks :)
ThAt's right....me and Darrin(Wrangler) was there at 12:30PM today, after picking off the other tag at heavy's BBQ, south of Crawfordville.

Hopefuly he'll get the picks up soon.

Those were our tracks...

NASRA / MAXX Racing
http://nasra.proboards.com/index.cgi
Scooter Rebels
http://scooterrebels.proboards.com/index.cgi
49cc Scoot
http://49ccscoot.com/
Peace, Eagle, as long as it's a BASHAN, it's cool with me!
kliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #199
wrangler747
KLR for life

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
those were Kliff and my tracks..we were there around 1200.. lucky for you when I got home I loaded all my photos of the georgia tag at Heavys BBQ and the Georgia Guidstones but they all came up as blank pictures ( I was pissed ..200 miles of riding for nothing ) plus I had some great new tags..guess they will have to come later..I should of took some pics with my wifes iphone and then i would of been safe.. oh well had fun riding..
wrangler747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #200
kliff
Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler747
those were Kliff and my tracks..we were there around 1200.. lucky for you when I got home I loaded all my photos of the georgia tag at Heavys BBQ and the Georgia Guidstones but they all came up as blank pictures ( I was pissed ..200 miles of riding for nothing ) plus I had some great new tags..guess they will have to come later..I should of took some pics with my wifes iphone and then i would of been safe.. oh well had fun riding..
Well we got one official, and if we forfeit the other for lack of proof, so be it. It's about the ride, and I had a blast!

NASRA / MAXX Racing
http://nasra.proboards.com/index.cgi
Scooter Rebels
http://scooterrebels.proboards.com/index.cgi
49cc Scoot
http://49ccscoot.com/
Peace, Eagle, as long as it's a BASHAN, it's cool with me!
kliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #201
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler747

Man that sucks. Well at least you and Kliff had some good riding and a nice day for it. Although I bet it was cold this morning
Old 12-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #202
PU Skunk
not quite as noobish

Oddometer: 214
So where's the TAG picture? Or am I just not seeing it? Sucks on the blank pics on your camera, kliff and company. I'd be pissed if that happened to me!
PU Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #203
stretchmark
StretchMark

Here's my camera phone pic. Sorry to hear about your camera. I agree it was a great ride! I decided I wanted to go check it out whether I was first or not. Too bad we didn't cross paths.

stretchmark screwed with this post 12-03-2008 at 02:37 PM
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #204
PU Skunk
not quite as noobish

Oddometer: 214
Ah, there it is. Nicely done picture too, with the sun behind the monument.
PU Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #205
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,883
Quote:
Here's my camera phone pic. Sorry to hear about your camera. I agree it was a great ride! I decided I wanted to go check it out whether I was first or not. Too bad we didn't cross paths.
Very cool, so where is this one and the meaning behind it?
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #206
stretchmark
StretchMark

OK, Here it is:

The Georgia Guidestones off 77 between Elberton and Hartwell.
http://www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com/Message.htm

http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm

"On one of the highest hilltops in Elbert County, Georgia stands a huge granite monument. Engraved in eight different languages on the four giant stones that support the common capstone are 10 Guides, or commandments. That monument is alternately referred to as The Georgia Guidestones, or the American Stonehenge. Though relatively unknown to most people, it is an important link to the Occult Hierarchy that dominates the world in which we live.
The origin of that strange monument is shrouded in mystery because no one knows the true identity of the man, or men, who commissioned its construction. All that is known for certain is that in June 1979, a well-dressed, articulate stranger visited the office of the Elberton Granite Finishing Company and announced that he wanted to build an edifice to transmit a message to mankind. He identified himself as R. C. Christian, but it soon became apparent that was not his real name. He said that he represented a group of men who wanted to offer direction to humanity, but to date, almost two decades later, no one knows who R. C. Christian really was, or the names of those he represented. Several things are apparent. The messages engraved on the Georgia Guidestones deal with four major fields: (1) Governance and the establishment of a world government, (2) Population and reproduction control, (3) The environment and man's relationship to nature, and (4) Spirituality. "

As I mentioned earlier, when I got there, I could clearly see some other motorcycle tracks, so I knew I was late. I figured it had to be those pesky AARSE's . Good job Kliff and Wrangler, no doubt you were there. Since you have the other tag, I'll go ahead and move this one along.

I tried to email a pic to Christine (stretchwife), but she posted it in the Georgia thread instead of the N. Ga thread.

Vandalized indeed:

Even managed to find some fun dirt roads to get there:

Nice 250 mile "work lunch" ride...oooops. I did not plan to be gone so long!

New tag coming shortly.

stretchmark screwed with this post 12-03-2008 at 03:50 PM
Old 12-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #207
stretchmark
StretchMark

OK, here's the new tag...moving from the somewhat obscure and bizarre to one of the better known and most recognizeable peaks in N. GA.

We probably don't need too many clues:
1) To get this exact shot, you need to go to the restaurant that shares the mountain's name.
2) It's considered a granite monolith (similar to Stone Mountain).
3) The cliffs formerly used for ceremonies by Native Americans are now used for Army Ranger training as well as for recreational climbers.

Told you it was easy...go get it!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #208
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,905
Quote:
OK, here's the new tag...moving from the somewhat obscure and bizarre to one of the better known and most recognizeable peaks in N. GA.

We probably don't need too many clues:
1) To get this exact shot, you need to go to the restaurant that shares the mountain's name.
2) It's considered a granite monolith (similar to Stone Mountain).
3) The cliffs formerly used for ceremonies by Native Americans are now used for Army Ranger training as well as for recreational climbers.

Told you it was easy...go get it!

Ooh, Ooh, I know where that is. Come on rain tomorrow and I may just go get this one.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #209
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,814
If I go get this one it will have to be in the morning before work.

It was 14 degrees at the house this morning.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #210
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,814

28 degrees beats 14 degrees so here you go. Plus I had to beat Dirty.

A view of the mountain.

And back at home.

The next tag is headed NORTH.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote