ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #61
AzB
Fattest thin man
 
AzB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Directly above the center of the Earth
Oddometer: 3,461
I thought I had the road figured out, but a quick look at Google maps doesn't show it crossing any creeks.

How about another clue for us folks coming from a long way off. Is this one more than 35 miles from Dawsonville?

Az
__________________
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" - Anonymous
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #62
SuchesRider
Just Do It!
 
SuchesRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 1,669
OK. Here are two more clues....:

clue # 3 The road/bridge is in the Suches area. One end of the road starts as pavement; the other end starts as dirt (is that one or three clues?)

clue # 4 The song lyrics "Hungry, like a _____" should help

Good luck!
SR
__________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
SuchesRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #63
HBN
is car free
 
HBN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 11,916
Tag Map

Your DS tag looks like it is off to a good start. Up here in the Shenandoah Valley of VA, we too are playing a DS game but dirt/gravel only.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405166

We have borrowed the idea of a Tag Map from other various Tag threads. This is especially helpful later in the game to see which areas are still "open".
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,1.235962&z=10

It is easy and free as long as you have a Google account. PM me if you need any help getting one made. Only one person can edit it though.
__________________
Lost with Mike
Only those that go would know. - WayneJ
12' Ruckus, 01' R1150GS, 75' XL250
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #64
stretchmark
StretchMark
 
stretchmark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgNinja
We have borrowed the idea of a Tag Map from other various Tag threads. This is especially helpful later in the game to see which areas are still "open".
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,1.235962&z=10
Cool idea HBurgNinja! I can keep it up to date unless Mr Coates, the thread starter, wants it.

Here's the current Map:
North Georgia Tag-o-Rama Google Map.
stretchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #65
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 22,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
OK. Here are two more clues....:

clue # 3 The road/bridge is in the Suches area. One end of the road starts as pavement; the other end starts as dirt (is that one or three clues?)

clue # 4 The song lyrics "Hungry, like a _____" should help

Good luck!
SR
Hey SR,
Do you think that you could make it any easier?

Maybe if you posted a link to a google map...
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #66
stretchmark
StretchMark
 
stretchmark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
Maybe if you posted a link to a google map...
If that was directed at me, active tags don't show up on the Google map, only the ones that have been found .

If not,
stretchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #67
HBN
is car free
 
HBN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 11,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark
Here's the current Map:
North Georgia Tag-o-Rama Google Map.
Looks good. To incorporate the picture for each tag, when editing, switch to rich text then click the image symbol on the toolbar and paste the image(tag) http location into the hyperlink.

Looks like you guys aren't getting any work done around the office either
__________________
Lost with Mike
Only those that go would know. - WayneJ
12' Ruckus, 01' R1150GS, 75' XL250
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #68
stretchmark
StretchMark
 
stretchmark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgNinja
Looks good. To incorporate the picture for each tag, when editing, switch to rich text then click the image symbol on the toolbar and paste the image(tag) http location into the hyperlink.

Looks like you guys aren't getting any work done around the office either
Done, thanks!
Nope, no work here this afternoon. Got sucked into the Neduro/GasPipe Rally Bike thread over in Thumpers.
stretchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #69
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 22,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark
If that was directed at me, active tags don't show up on the Google map, only the ones that have been found .

If not,
No...not you...

I'm sarcastic.

The google map is about the only clue SR didn't give us.
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #70
stretchmark
StretchMark
 
stretchmark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
No...not you...

I'm sarcastic.

The google map is about the only clue SR didn't give us.


And I'm still not 100% sure where SR's tag is??
I think I know the bridge, but don't know about the sign. I'm always coming from the other direction.
stretchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #71
AzB
Fattest thin man
 
AzB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Directly above the center of the Earth
Oddometer: 3,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark


And I'm still not 100% sure where SR's tag is??
I think I know the bridge, but don't know about the sign. I'm always coming from the other direction.
If it's the bridge I think you're thinking about, I think that you may be thinking of the wrong bridge. I think.

I watched a video of bikes going down that road on YouTube, and that bridge has a guard rail.

The bridge in the tag is a much lower traffic bridge.

I have no idea where it is either, and I have tomorrow off. How likely do you think it would be that I would just find this bridge by wandering around?

Az
__________________
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" - Anonymous
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #72
kdscoates OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kdscoates's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: dahlonega,ga
Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark
Cool idea HBurgNinja! I can keep it up to date unless Mr Coates, the thread starter, wants it.

Here's the current Map:
North Georgia Tag-o-Rama Google Map.

GO FOR IT STRECH!!!
i am on a little break till jan but the baseball will start backup for my oldest and we will be busy!!!
__________________
Quote from Pj "if loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing would do!!!"

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #73
kdscoates OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kdscoates's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: dahlonega,ga
Oddometer: 3,477
that google map rocks!!!

oh yeah i know right where that tag is i just need to be able to get away to get it and i might be off on friday!!!!
__________________
Quote from Pj "if loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing would do!!!"

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #74
SuchesRider
Just Do It!
 
SuchesRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 1,669
Hello again !! I will provide one final clue:

Make your way to Choestoe, near "Sunrise" and you are just about there!

This is it for you folks who don't know the spot.

Good Luck! and may the tag-a-rama force be with you!

SR
__________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
SuchesRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #75
GaM
Beastly Adventurer
 
GaM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 1,877
Dang, am I going to have to skip out of my seminar Friday?
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014