Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Gronkmeister OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Aftermarket Exhaust for 2014 F700GS

Hey Everyone,

I'm super new here, and so far all the information I've found here has been great. That being said, I have a question that doesn't seem to have been asked here.

I just got my first BMW bike about a month ago, and love it, I have a new 2014 F700GS. I'm slowly working on my farkling, but one of the first things I'm thinking about (and one of the more expensive) is an aftermarket exhaust.

I haven't done a ton of research, but it seems that this is my only option on a 2014?: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...ture-2008-2014

I'm not necessarily looking for an incredibly louder exhaust, but maybe something a bit more unique/aggressive? I'm also wondering if I'll really notice any power/torque difference even if it's a small difference? Has anyone with a F700GS gone for an aftermarket exhaust, especially on a 2014?
Gronkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
Duljan
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Im guessing you can use anything thats available for the f800gs?...
I got the beowulf 380mm, nice sound, high quality, low price.
The "extra power" is mostly the rush you get of the sound that makes you open it up more often and harder ;)
Duljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Capt CF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
I went with the Yoshi R77 on a '13. I think it has a nice tone to it compared to stock and it's definitely reasonably priced. I didn't notice much of a difference in power, etc. so for me it was totally a cosmetic/sound upgrade.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
Cdlabate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I went with the MIVV oval carbon. Decent priced and fits with Holan symmetrical racks.
Cdlabate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Kibo303
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Here's a pic of the Yoshimura R77 he mentioned above. sounds awesome, I love it but not street legal if that's an issue for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kibo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Xan13x
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkmeister View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm super new here, and so far all the information I've found here has been great. That being said, I have a question that doesn't seem to have been asked here.

I just got my first BMW bike about a month ago, and love it, I have a new 2014 F700GS. I'm slowly working on my farkling, but one of the first things I'm thinking about (and one of the more expensive) is an aftermarket exhaust.

I haven't done a ton of research, but it seems that this is my only option on a 2014?: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...ture-2008-2014

I'm not necessarily looking for an incredibly louder exhaust, but maybe something a bit more unique/aggressive? I'm also wondering if I'll really notice any power/torque difference even if it's a small difference? Has anyone with a F700GS gone for an aftermarket exhaust, especially on a 2014?
Everything I've heard (Akra, Yoshi, Leo, and a couple of others) doesn't really sound more "aggressive" then stock. They all seem to sound cleaner, but I personally like the sort of utilitarian machine sound of the stock exhaust.

I also find the graduated end with carbon fiber completely wrong looking on a GS. That's personal preference of course, but I'm perfectly happy with the fact that the one I prefer is free

The Natural State.... Where all roads less than four lanes qualify as an adventure.
Xan13x is offline   Reply With Quote