User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #181
Kabuki
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Talking

I can tell by all the replies since my last post everyone is sitting on the edge of there chair waiting for my next one so here goes.
I recieved my Wunderlich tall Ergo todad for my F800 install it, and took it for a test ride. Its somewhat better than the 18" Cee Bailey both screens are about the same height but the Wunderlich stands more Vertical, thus moving the air up to above my face shield. but the air blast still hits the top of my helmet and causes buffeting (lots of noise). When I hold my head down aprox. 2" all the noise and buffrting goes away completly.
After talking with Wunderlich I understand That Germany is Working on a articulating screen extention. But they don't know when it will be available.
It looks to be easily removable for off road, so you might just be able to have your cake and eat it too. Wouldn't that be great!
Meanwhile I am going to fabricate one of my own. Till next time
Kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:12 AM   #182
David_S
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
This is the opposite of the main topic but since this is a windscreen thread and screens are the subject here goes. Does anyone know where a low screen can be found? If I lift my ass off the seat just a couple of inches I get nice clean air just how I like it. I'd like to try a screen that just protects the gauges and that area from getting filled up with bugs and crap but all I can find are taller screens I'm sure when the weather gets cold I'll start the search for the perfect tall screen but summer isn't here yet so I'm searching for the perfect low screen.

Thanks,

DS
David_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #183
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,481
You could always do something like this

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 AM   #184
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_S
This is the opposite of the main topic but since this is a windscreen thread and screens are the subject here goes. Does anyone know where a low screen can be found? If I lift my ass off the seat just a couple of inches I get nice clean air just how I like it. I'd like to try a screen that just protects the gauges and that area from getting filled up with bugs and crap but all I can find are taller screens I'm sure when the weather gets cold I'll start the search for the perfect tall screen but summer isn't here yet so I'm searching for the perfect low screen.

Thanks,

DS
If you have the F800GS, the F650GS twin screen will fit and is about 3" shorter....

I have decided that for the time being I'm going to keep my very short screen and once I fix my seat up, my helmet will be above the turbulent zone and completely in clean air and I'll go with that until.....

Jim
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #185
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden
If you have the F800GS, the F650GS twin screen will fit and is about 3" shorter....

I was actually considering chopping mine down, but I'm going to check into this now. Thanks!!
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #186
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,991
Most folks are going "the other way", so a post to the "classifieds" here or on http://f800riders.org may net you one.

JIm
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #187
Owly
Into the Dark

Oddometer: 149
Duckbane - Eagle Screens

Ducksbane , my wife put an Eagle touring screen on her F650 before we did Kangaroo Island and it seems great ( also quite cheap compared to the US equivilants) .

http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/index.htm

It was delivered within 4 days by mail , bubble wrapped etc - she fitted it to the bike.

I put TT handguards on it and they just touch the screen on full right lock
Old 05-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #188
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,131
Calsci Screen

Owly ... I haven't done anything else to my screen, but I an pretty happy with it really. I would still like it a touch lower, but its working really well; less noise, less buffeting, much warmer, and bonus .. less turbulence from trucks and buses.

Its still a tad too high for me off road and I did think of squaring off the top or even cutting an indent like the standard screen, but I don't want to ruin the really good aerodynamics so I am going to space it a little more and lean it back a tad further.i

I am sure the Eagles good,but I think I can get along with the Calsci ... Its great on the road and it doesn't really bother me much off road now.

Still looks ugly though ... like Ned Kellys helmet! In fact I have been asked if I made it myself!
Ducksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #189
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,051
It looks like Aeroflow will have not 1 but 3 different screens for the GS twins!

Enduro, Off road and Touring!! and the one shown looks like the Touring screen, with has an opening in the screen and support arm brackets.. No prices yet but Aeroflow knows how to produce buffeting free shields in various sizes to fit the rider's physique.. the ad says "coming soon".. how soon? I'll have to call to find out.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #190
Stuntman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
I just bolted on the Metal Mule from Bestrest Products. At $135, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Aeroflow.....hmmmmmmm.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #191
Trout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
I've had the BMW tall touring screen since I picked up the bike. It's not great when combined with Shoei Hornet helmet, but works well with my X11. Also, I finally pulled off the silver touring screen support and painted it black (SEM matt trim) - sooo much better! Front end of the bike looks a lot less like a bunch of parts put together.
Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #192
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,051
How about some pics of your setup?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #193
f800guy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Yes please post a pic of that paint job? I have the same one and have wanted to paint it black but am not sure how it looks, please show us :)
Touratech Left and Right Swingarm Covers
BMW touring Screen & Hand Guards
Wunderlich Cruise Control
f800guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #194
Trout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Sorry - wasn't paying attention - here you go!

It really needs to be powdercoated to hold up in the long run. I scuffed the part then used SEM self etching primer (black) followed by SEM trim flat black. It was hot and dry out so I just did a fast & dirty paint job on it to get a feel for how it would look. It looks 'right' - blends in nicely. And I like the contrast with the silver fasteners front the front. I'm not usually one for the 'blacked out' look, but in this case the silver support *looked* like out of place.

Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #195
Lindeberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I'm planning to go with a lower screen to avoid the turbulence-noise. Anyone tried Wunderlich Flowjet on the 800GS?