the funniest thing happens here.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...F305lRymF828A6

just click larger image

HA!!! I was right!!!! (for once)
Old 09-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #378
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,249
I have nothing but rave reviews for the Aeroflow large windscreen. I am 5'10" tall with a rally seat ( Yeah I can only touch down with one foot).

First class design
Performance is fantastic
The instructions are very detailed. Fit was perfect during the install.
The screen makes no noise and blows the wind over top of my head at 70 mph perfectly but still lets me look over the top of the screen down the road. I can see my front wheel when I stand up and ride technical rocks and jeep trails.

Awesome development and engineering went into this product.

I have nothing bad to say about it. Some may not like the looks but it looks as good as a big screen can.

2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 2011 Husaberg FE570S, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2010 BMW F800GS
2007 Husqvarna TE610 , 2003 KTM 525 MXC
Indy Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #379
wordnow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited
I have nothing but rave reviews for the Aeroflow large windscreen. I am 5'10" tall with a rally seat ( Yeah I can only touch down with one foot).

First class design
Performance is fantastic
The screen makes no noise and blows the wind over top of my head at 70 mph perfectly but still lets me look over the top of the screen down the road. I can see my front wheel when I stand up and ride technical rocks and jeep trails.

I have nothing bad to say about it. Some may not like the looks but it looks as good as a big screen can.
Do you have the "tall" or "extra tall" version. I just got my "tall" yesterday and have started the install. I'll give a review too as soon as I get on the road with it.
wordnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #380
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

I got the tall (18" screen) if you are 6' or taller get the extra tall.

2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 2011 Husaberg FE570S, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2010 BMW F800GS
Old 09-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #381
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited

First class design
Performance is fantastic

Did you go with the Tall because of the Rally seat? Aeroflow seems to say Medium is OK for up to 5'10".
sturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #382
wordnow
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon
Did you go with the Tall because of the Rally seat? Aeroflow seems to say Medium is OK for up to 5'10".
Aeroflow told me to go with the tall. I am almost 5'11 and have the Touratech low seat. Their customer service was excellent and they had me talk to the main guy there to figure out the size. I definitely would not want a smaller screen.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #383
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

My seat is 2" taller than stock at the low point. Aeroflow recomendations are right on.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #384
Mr noname
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
anyone having the givi/kappa screen?

Mr noname screwed with this post 09-28-2009 at 02:44 PM
Mr noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #385
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09
I got my Extra large Touring screen from Aeroflow today, mounting and hardware, built quality couldn't be better,
no drilling whatsoever, instructions are very clear. The screen is expensive but good. I think I paid not much more for
my first motorcycle in the late 80's that took me through most of Europe (Yamaha SR 250SE...). Canada customs charged $CAD48, shipping to Canada was around $CAD60 so the total came to around $CAD500. I agree with Mike, since the screen changes the bike's dual sports purpose to mainly road use I'll mount the stock screen for shorter trips. Always riding with earplugs.

Nice F800Goldwing
Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #386
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09
I got my Extra large Touring screen from Aeroflow ...

Aeroflow should hire you to be their offical product photographer. This is the first picture I've seen that shows any detail
sturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #387
Ride-a-lot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordnow
Do you have the "tall" or "extra tall" version. I just got my "tall" yesterday and have started the install. I'll give a review too as soon as I get on the road with it.
O.K. still waiting impatiently for another review on the Aeroflow screen. Before spending the money I would love to hear from more people who have tried the shield. Its getting cold and wet around here so I am getting antsy to get a shield for the winter. I am hoping to only have to buy one shield and be happy with it. So how is it working for you?

Ride-a-lot screwed with this post 10-03-2009 at 10:18 AM
Ride-a-lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #388
wordnow
Adventurer

Aeroflow Review

So, here is my review of the Aeroflow screen. I've ridden about 200 miles with it so far with a combination of winding roads and a lot of freeway with speeds up to 80mph. I have the Aeroflow tall screen and also added their Aeroflow guards that provide additional protection. I am 5'11 with my boots on and have a Touratech low seat which is 1" lower than the standard one.
I also have tried the CalSci large and extra-large screens. Where both of these screens did provide protection, I continued to get enough helmet buffeting that it was annoying and I was concerned that I could not put up with it for long trips.

Aeroflow Review:
1. Customer service before I bought it was superb. The woman who answered the phone was knowledgeable and helpful. She put me through to the guy who I believe is the main designer of the product. They helped me decide that the tall version sounded the best to go with. They have a guarantee that if it does not work you can return it.

2. Installation took about two hours. The instructions were very clear with a lot of diagrams. The installation is much more involved than the CalSci screen that basically uses the existing screen bolts and mounts. The Aeroflow guards took about another hour to install. I installed them after riding with only the Aeroflow screen first.

3. All the Aeroflow components are very solidly built. The mounting system is very secure and the screen does not move at all either by hand or on the road at high speeds.

4. Now for the ride. I get NO helmet buffeting from direct wind. Obviously if there is side wind you are always going to get some. The Aeroflow seems to provide the best of both worlds. There is both protection from head-on wind while at the same time providing a good amount of smooth air in the riding area. The design of the Aeroflow screen puts a smooth airlflow right above the helmet. Even if I stand up some at higher speeds, the airflow hitting the helmet is smooth. This is accomplished through their laminar flow system that brings smooth air into the rider pocket. Overall, I get the protection I want but still get airflow that keeps you cool and you still fell like you are on a motorcycle, not a car. Even with the Aerogaurds that provide additional protection of the wind against your arms and shoulders, there is still plenty of smooth airflow in the rider area.

5. The design of the windscreen allows you to look over the screen with plenty of clearance. With the CalSci screen, to get the protection I was looking for, the screen had to be so high I had to look through the screen. With the Aeroflow, you hardly notice the screen in your eyesight because it is able to be so low but still put the wind over your helmet.

6. The low design of the screen also allows you to use the screen off-road while standing up. I have not done this too much yet, so I can't give a full review off-road Although Aeroflow cautions agains saying this is an advantage of their screen, i find it is. The reason this is important is that taking the Aeroflow screen on and off is a significant task. Where with the CalSci screen I could in minutes replace the screen with the stock screen, this is a much larger task with the Aeroflow screen. This would probably be my main issue with this screen, except I think I will try to always keep it on, even off-road unless I'm doing some long extended off road.

7. In contrast to some other comments on this thread on the looks of the Aeroflow screen, I think it is the best looking screen for this bike I have seen. The silver mounting brackets do stick out some, but I am pleased with the overall look.

7. I'm not attaching pictures because the set that was uploaded in this thread earlier are excellent and my bike is the same color.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #389
Ride-a-lot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Thank you for the review.

And if you don't mind I am blaming you to my wife for the money I will be spending.
Ride-a-lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #390
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

I agree 100% with Wordnow's Aeroflow review. I am just glad I did not waste a lot of money trying to find the best screen. Aeroflow is hands down awesome!
Thanks to everyone for sharing the knowledge and experience with other screens. I do not see the need to take this screen off for off road rocky jeep trails since I can stand and look at the rubber on the front tire without having to look thru the screen. Once again I say this is a fantastic well engineered wind screen.