Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #46
RedHawk47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABeef
OEM Adventure Windshield (GS)

I noticed less wind from 5mph all the way to 95mph. The major difference was the almost complete elimination of wind hitting me in the chest and shoulders. I still felt the wind around the helmet, but with a lot less buffetting. I also had no trouble seeing over the new windscreen even though it is approx. 7 inches taller.
How tall are you and what is your inseam?

It's never too late to have a happy childhood. -- Tom Robbins

How I spent my summer vacation - Alaska
09 BMW F800GS
99 KLR 650 A13
RedHawk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #47
ABeef
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47
How tall are you and what is your inseam?
5' 9" with 29.5" inseam
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #48
JakeCWU
The Notorious H.O.G.

Oddometer: 280
It's a 650 Twin, but here's Touratech's. It's kinda goofy looking in that "I ride to ride not to meet chicks" sorta way. It reduces the wind pressure alot against my chest, but I have noticed that the wind eddy is right above my head and creates just a bit of a whistle. Other than that, I love it. And I ride plugged so it's not too terrible for me.

G-
Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #49
Ron Wardman
Beemerguy

Oddometer: 249
TT screen

I just mounted the TT screen on my 800GS. So much better than the stock one. I used the TT windscreen spoiler from my 1200GS. No wind what so ever on the helmet. Rode today in cold weather and the visor can be up and no face freeze. I had previously purchased BMW touring screen (now for sale) and bracket. I kept the bracket. It comes about 1/2" away from the new screen. I will use some rubber bumpers to take up the space and this will give the screen even more support.
Ron Wardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #50
JakeCWU
The Notorious H.O.G.

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wardman
I just mounted the TT screen on my 800GS. So much better than the stock one. I used the TT windscreen spoiler from my 1200GS. No wind what so ever on the helmet. Rode today in cold weather and the visor can be up and no face freeze. I had previously purchased BMW touring screen (now for sale) and bracket. I kept the bracket. It comes about 1/2" away from the new screen. I will use some rubber bumpers to take up the space and this will give the screen even more support.

I need to try the spoiler. I rode for a bit longer today and the turbulence around my helmet is really quite annoying. When I stand up into the wind, it gets real quiet, but down in the eddy, it's quite the rumble.

G-

I wear a Shoei X-11 BTW.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #51
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
i am starting to think that the cal sic has the right idea with that hole in it--i played with a windshield on my 750 honda and no matter what shape i made it i coulden't get rid of the turbulance--but i never tried a hole in it--mabe that allows the air to be turbulant behind the rider?
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #52
wbrisett
hmmm....

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry
i am starting to think that the cal sic has the right idea with that hole in it--i played with a windshield on my 750 honda and no matter what shape i made it i coulden't get rid of the turbulance--but i never tried a hole in it--mabe that allows the air to be turbulant behind the rider?
Again, can't say how it would work on the F800, but on both my RT and Ulysses, their isn't a turbulence and I do think that has something to do with the hole (which is what Cal Sci claims).

Wayne
Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #53
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wardman
Got a picture?
Navaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #54
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
At 5'-10" and using the standard seat on the F650 twin, the Touratech touring screen is a little short for me. If I had the low seat or a clamp-on spoiler, it would probably work great.

Navaho screwed with this post 12-18-2008 at 11:32 AM
Navaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #55
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,475
I just put the C Bailey Euro 18"H X 14" wide on mine and really like it. Air hits me in the helmet now not in the chest.

10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #56
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
Thumb

I have a CalSci windshield on my VStrom 1000 and it almost completely removes all wind turbulence and noise. It's nothing short of amazing.

Here's one for the F800GS and I don't know if it would work as well but when I get my F800GS you can bet I'll try one.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/F800GSprod.html

$bob$

2006 BMW R1200GS
2009 BMW G650GS (GSjr)
2006 Kawi KLX250S
1951 Body by Gold's Gym

I was an Adventure Rider when Adventure Riding wasn't cool...
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #57
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,336
Any test reports on the PowerBronze. I am thinking on buying one of these..They look very good and the price is reasonable.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #58
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass
Any test reports on the PowerBronze. I am thinking on buying one of these..They look very good and the price is reasonable.
I have one but I haven't put it on yet. It looks perfect. A few inches higher than the 800screen with the touratech spoiler. It showed up after 3 weeks with an 8" razor cut right down the centre of the screen. I've sent them 4 emails and still no response. Very displeased.

Don't quite know what to do. Anyway, buy at your own risk
Old 12-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #59
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHunter
I have a CalSci windshield on my VStrom 1000 and it almost completely removes all wind turbulence and noise. It's nothing short of amazing.

Here's one for the F800GS and I don't know if it would work as well but when I get my F800GS you can bet I'll try one.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/F800GSprod.html

$bob$
Bob:
That "hole" in the CalSci makes me squint every time I see it I know why they do it ... it's just so unusual......

On the website it says:

"Competitive Upgrade: send us an F800GS windshield from a competitor, and we'll credit you $60."

I wonder if you can send them your "stock" shield?

Jim
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #60
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 34,965
I still haven't had one that has blown my skirt up so I put a Laminar Lip on mine and took it out for a chilly ride, it works, and I could hear my tunes (barefoot headset from a zumo, no amp and a flip up helmet) at over a buck on the slab. It's small and detachable, but works like a champ.

I think it's going to be a keeper, at least until I see something that I really like.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote