Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #721
sfwo79
euroromper

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwo79 View Post
Where did you get the 'laminar lip" in that picture. It's not on their website and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
Thanks
I found the Saeng Micro-Swirl Edging and I'm going to give it a try on my Cee Bailey 18" Euro shield. It's a great shield but the wind is hitting me right at eyeball level. I'm hoping this will move it up to at least my forehead.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #722
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 831
Givi?

I've read all 49 pages and no one has reported on a Givi. My GF just bought a new F650GS and we're looking at accessories. Seems most of the problems have been with tall riders; she's only 5'3" so I think she has plenty of options.

I bought a used DL650 last year that came with a Givi. Seemed to work fine on the 2000 miles I put on it, some through hellatious wind and rain. Curious if anyone has tried one on an F800GS or F650GS or has other advice.
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #723
satchmo3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I have the Givi on my F800GS, I'm 5'10" and the Givi was a big improvement over stock. I rode SF to NY in December and was happy with the screen, I have an Arai XD3 btw. Big difference in wind blast moving from my chest with the stocker to over my head with the Givi at highway speeds. Big help with buffeting and fatigue on long rides. While not perfect I find it to be an affordable, reasonably good looking upgrade while I save my pennys for a TT Desierto.
satchmo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #724
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,112
Ztechnik offerings?

I haven't heard much comment on the ZTechnik offerings ...

http://shop.ztechnik.com/cgi-bin/zte...h_model=bm-042

They work with at least the BMW hand guards, they use the standard mount points and pick up the head light mounting bolts for some extra stability which seems nice. They were at the BMW Rally in '09 with some prototypes - I tried the medium which was too short for me (6' 1" on F658GS) and they did not have a tall available ...

Adjust ability would be very nice not just for "tuning" also to push it all the way down for off-roading sessions without hassle. I think the only ones that adjust are the

Deserito, Mirage, one version of the Wunderlich, and the MadStad -- is that right? (excuse my spelling)...
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #725
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
I haven't heard much comment on the ZTechnik offerings ...

http://shop.ztechnik.com/cgi-bin/zte...h_model=bm-042

They work with at least the BMW hand guards, they use the standard mount points and pick up the head light mounting bolts for some extra stability which seems nice. They were at the BMW Rally in '09 with some prototypes - I tried the medium which was too short for me (6' 1" on F658GS) and they did not have a tall available ...

Adjust ability would be very nice not just for "tuning" also to push it all the way down for off-roading sessions without hassle. I think the only ones that adjust are the

Deserito, Mirage, one version of the Wunderlich, and the MadStad -- is that right? (excuse my spelling)...
I had the 20 inch tall Ztechnik ( alien head) it did great to protect me on the highway..... But it was too big, and made the bike look ugly imho.... So it was replaced. If you want a barn door to protect you on the high way.... Then that screen is a good candidate. I`m 6`2"....I had it on for about 2000 miles....rode it through lot of rain. Just not my cup of tea.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #726
Numb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
I....Deserito, Mirage, one version of the Wunderlich, and the MadStad -- is that right? (excuse my spelling)...
edit: mra vario also adjusts (wing at top of the screen anyway)

yes I think thats all the adjustable ones - and the wunderlich only goes up/down (correct me if i'm wrong). I had a madstad briefly but it interfered with my HDB handguards and I chose the guards over the screen - it's a nicely built product but definitely a function/form item... i didn't appreciate its "unique" appearance until the previous page where someone posted the madstad and then another person posted the desiertoIII right after.... DIII looks great ($$$$$$)

the ztechnick is definitely up for the most "alien-head looking" screen I've seen so far - but I guess if it works as well as the others it's an option (too goofy looking for me though). Would definitely like to go someplace for a try/ride with several screens - but absent that, I think adjustable ones at least give you a better chance of getting one that works for you

Numb screwed with this post 03-21-2011 at 12:22 PM
Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #727
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I had the 20 inch tall Ztechnik ( alien head) it did great to protect me on the highway..... But it was too big, and made the bike look ugly imho.... So it was replaced. If you want a barn door to protect you on the high way.... Then that screen is a good candidate. I`m 6`2"....I had it on for about 2000 miles....rode it through lot of rain. Just not my cup of tea.....

Erling
I think the mirage is the D3s closest competitor. The thing I dont like about it(mirage) is how it comes down over the light, many of the headlight guards I dont think would work with it.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #728
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I think the mirage is the D3s closest competitor. The thing I dont like about it(mirage) is how it comes down over the light, many of the headlight guards I dont think would work with it.
Yeppers...... Which is one of the reasons I made my own.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #729
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
I've read all 49 pages and no one has reported on a Givi. My GF just bought a new F650GS and we're looking at accessories. Seems most of the problems have been with tall riders; she's only 5'3" so I think she has plenty of options.

I bought a used DL650 last year that came with a Givi. Seemed to work fine on the 2000 miles I put on it, some through hellatious wind and rain. Curious if anyone has tried one on an F800GS or F650GS or has other advice.
have an 18" givi on the 658 and its ok dark tint i like the way it looks but its not perfect, not bad but not perfect.
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #730
JoeDuck
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 823
The Wunderlich Vario on a F650GS:
JoeDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #731
ADVSearcher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVSearcher View Post
OK ... nothing scientific about this, still winter here in Sweden so it's still untested.

But damn, it look nice Expensive, yes, but bought this Desierto 3 from Poland and cheated Swedish Touratech from a couple of 100 dollars
Are eagerly waiting for the spring now so I can test it ...

So ... just want to update my post, now when I have tested it.

I'm 5'11" tall with an inseam of 32", standard seat with an Airhawk 2 medium size so you guys can relate ...

Also using a Shoei XR-1100 helmet.

With the screen in the highest position I can ride with my helmet open to approx 40-50 mph, no buffeting at least up to 80 mph (Still is somewhat in between spring and winter here in Sweden, so no really high speed exercises )

Taking wind at my shoulders, but no problem according to me. Have the disturbed wind flow 2"-3" over my helmet in 80 mph. No screen rattle what so ever.

Perhaps above is possible to improve with another attack angel for the screen, time will tell.

So all in all ... I'm very pleased with it Can also add that my son riding the pillion seat didn't complain about any buffeting either.

ADVSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #732
seaswood
seaswood

Oddometer: 165
SAENG CORP us pat pend 402-563-3444.
Where did you get the 'laminar lip" in that picture. It's not on their website and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
Thanks [/QUOTE]
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #733
Freerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVSearcher View Post
bought this Desierto 3 from Poland and cheated Swedish Touratech from a couple of 100 dollars
Over here in Tyskland it would have been another 50€ less...
Freerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #734
ADVSearcher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerk View Post
Over here in Tyskland it would have been another 50€ less...
Ye ... I know.

But the thing is that Touratech do sell their things over all countries webshops, but they don't deliver to a country with it's own Touratech agent.

Clever guy's, but ok I buy that behaviour ... of cource they can't compete with them selfs.

Poland on the other hand they don't have an agent just other accessory shops which of cource sell to anybody that want to buy.

So in one sentence ... couldn't justify a trip to Germany (even though I love Berlin) for 50EUR.

ADVSearcher screwed with this post 03-28-2011 at 12:52 PM
ADVSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #735
zaner32
In over my head

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
The Wunderlich Vario on a F650GS:

Just pulled the trigger on the vario screen for my F800GS. I can't wait to see how it works. Had the Givi last year, I liked it a lot except at medium speeds where it rumbled behind the screen and made the visor of my helmet vibrate. It was kinda high when doing the standing up stuff off road.
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote