Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #736
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Touratech should be paying YOU for posting these photos. You should try the touratech seat, great for everything except maybe LONG distance. I didn't like the look of the desierto at first but it is growing on me.

Nice bike, setup. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVSearcher View Post
So ... just want to update my post, now when I have tested it.

I'm 5'11" tall with an inseam of 32", standard seat with an Airhawk 2 medium size so you guys can relate ...

Also using a Shoei XR-1100 helmet.

With the screen in the highest position I can ride with my helmet open to approx 40-50 mph, no buffeting at least up to 80 mph (Still is somewhat in between spring and winter here in Sweden, so no really high speed exercises )

Taking wind at my shoulders, but no problem according to me. Have the disturbed wind flow 2"-3" over my helmet in 80 mph. No screen rattle what so ever.

Perhaps above is possible to improve with another attack angel for the screen, time will tell.

So all in all ... I'm very pleased with it Can also add that my son riding the pillion seat didn't complain about any buffeting either.

dsrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:54 AM   #737
niklasthedolphin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
The Wunderlich Vario on a F650GS:
Best screen out there..............

Niklas
niklasthedolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #738
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,117
Wunderlich

Likewise I am intrigued by the Wunderlich. The two-piece design with just height ajustablity is appealing ... If I had the MadStad, I'd be dicking around for hours trying to find the ideal pitch/height combo.. ..

I met William Plam (top dog @ Wunderlich USA) at a show a couple years back, and shot an e-mail to him last night about the screen. I am 6' 1" and Sergant seat that is 1" or so higher than stock. I'm questioning if the max. height of the Vario would be adequate and wondered if perhaps a taller "upper" screen could be had. Here was William's reply (I don't expect him to mind my posting it):

... The R1200 GS version does have two upper screens but the upper screen is different than the part for the F800 GS/F650 GS Twin and we do not have a taller upper screen in our program.
Not getting off to a very good start here……

If it's any help at all, I am 6'0" and with our new ERGO seat fitted, which is also a bit taller than stock because of the denser foam, the screen works great in my opinion. The screen manages to direct the airflow effectively due to it's two piece design. You won't know until you try it, and your hesitation is very understandable, but I have not had a single customer complaint about the function of this wind screen.

If you purchase one and find that it does not work well for you because it is not tall enough, you could also add our clip on wind deflector. Here is a link to the supplemental deflector.
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...S/8110025.html
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Best regards,
William Plam
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #739
TAMPAJIM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
I like the part where if you find the screen is not tall enough, don't return it, but buy for an additional charge, a clip on supplemental wind deflector.

Mo Money!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #740
Oddward
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
I recently purchased the Wunderlich Vario windscreen and am quite pleased. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. On the low setting doing 40 mph I can feel a breeze on my face and shoulders, however at 60 and above the flow goes to the top of the helmet. The ride in this morning was just under freezing but I felt no frostbite on my neck which is a pleasant change.

The shield does flex a bit at speeds but does so evenly. I do not get the impression of high speed winds ripping it off the bike. My bark busters do touch the screen at max lockout, but I think this may be remedied with a slight adjustment to the bark busters.

My only complaint so far is a buildup of condensation in my helmet from lack of wind in the cold weather.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #741
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Oddward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMPAJIM View Post
I like the part where if you find the screen is not tall enough, don't return it, but buy for an additional charge, a clip on supplemental wind deflector.

Mo Money!!!!!!
TJ:

BMW* ---> *Bring More Wallet

Yeah........... I know ........... outside of F800Depot and MadStad I've not found any vendors willing to take back shields... I called the CE Bailey "test center" closest to me and they didn't have any screens for the twin in stock and apparently, CE Bailey would not allow a return or inventory credit of any sort even from their "test center"....
Old 04-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #742
Motowalt
UNSTOPPABLE!

Oddometer: 417
The TT screen works well for me.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #743
vtbob
wanderer

Oddometer: 502
Just got my bike out last week. Still mud season here. I use my F650GS for touring back and dirt roads. This time of year when it is still cold full coverage gives me more riding time. I have the full Aeroflow set up and love it
Attached Images

vtbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #744
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

windshield "edging" has anybody tried it?

According to the ad-copy this windshield "edging" uses Saeng's patented Micro-Swirls™ technology to produce air bearings that reduce airstream|capsule friction. This smooths, stabilizes and enlarges the capsule for a more comfortable ride. Other benefits are elimination of helmet shake, wind-roar and shield spray.

Has anybody tried it?

http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=581&category=80
Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #745
vtbob
wanderer

Oddometer: 502
I tried it several years ago on the side of my R1100RT screen with no noticable effect. Maybe they have a new design now.
vtbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #746
themobb
Is this thing on???

Oddometer: 504
Went with the Madstad. I'm close, so I went up to see Mark directly; Very nice guy and a biker to boot!

The screen definitely takes some "Fiddling". But then, that's what we do, right?

Adjustment is not that hard, although it does require removing the screen to get at the adjustment system. I just put it where it "looked good"; Height, angle. The difference is amazing. It is now comfortable to ride with visor up at any speed. The included "Winglets" seem add to the overall comfort as well.

I am 6' with 30" inseam. I got the 20" tall screen. I see over it easily and no clearance issues with the factory hand guards on the 30th model GS. Also have the Corbin seat so I'm maybe 3/4" lower than stock...

Overall, very happy!

Lance
themobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #747
DonHS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
OK all you tall FF's out there, has anyone found a screen that works for you?

I'm 6'4' with 34" inseam and don't relish the idea of spending many hundreds to find the right screen. Currently running with the Aeroflow 9" enduro in clean air. I like it - works great till about 75 mph, then I get beat up - especially when on the interstates. Don't really want all the winglet BS as that garb just looks bad on the bike. Also have HDB hand guards so clearance is an issue.

Realize there is probably no perfect solution, but thought it might be worth a post before I just learn to live with the hand I've been dealt by mother nature.

Thanks ahead for your input.
DonHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #748
maximuski
Don't Follow Me I'm Lost2

Oddometer: 88
Question Powerbronze??

I guess mine is a powerbronze... it looks the same sell my metal mule, I just bought it to some dude here.

it doesn't deflect all the wind but enough to not feel it in my helmet visor. I'm short but I can see the road above of it, it just work for me.

maximuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #749
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themobb View Post
... Adjustment is not that hard, although it does require removing the screen to get at the adjustment system. I just put it where it "looked good"; Height, angle. The difference is amazing. It is now comfortable to ride with visor up at any speed. The included "Winglets" seem add to the overall comfort as well.
Lance
Lance:
I hadn't thought about it, but yeah ... I guess you do have to pop the screen off to make an adjustment. Is it difficult to make sure the two sides are "even"?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #750
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
love the new rounder clear screen!

more pics!

We met Ian at the Vancouver Motorcycle show this winter and picked up one of his wind screens. Finally got around to installing it yesterday. Took longer to find the tools than it did to securely make the install.

Everything went together smoothly in about 30 minutes.

Fits perfect and works great.

Lowered for the dirt road portion of our test ride.

Looks good too.

New cock pit is screaming for a GPS mount and re-location of accessory switches.

Very stiff, no shaking or vibrating and it started raining on us so we were able to realize the benefits on the pavement too.

Highly recommended!

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote