ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #31
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Oddometer: 487
Road is thawed, and have had the bike down the hill several times so far this year. So how bout it gentlemen (not seen any ladies posting from this area yet), there may be 4 new inches of snow on the ground up here today but the road looks clear and the NWS has declared this a partly cloudy day with a high of 50 predicted , so anyone riding today?

Life is too short for regrets, I want to come to the end of this life bruised, battered, scratched and bleeding, holding a broken bone or two, and yelling "WOW WHAT A RIDE!! LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!!!"
Chains45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #32
Putts
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,308
Oh shut up!

We have some of the icyest roads I've seen all winter here in Bozeman today.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #33
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

LOL!!! Well, that answers THAT question. Was considering a trip to see you...

Guess I will stay on this side of the Divide.

Life is too short for regrets, I want to come to the end of this life bruised, battered, scratched and bleeding, holding a broken bone or two, and yelling "WOW WHAT A RIDE!! LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!!!"
Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #34
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

So, back from my trip to the eastern end of of the world. Getting some work done on the Uly Saturday but will probably be out wasting gas Sunday.

Considering how warm it has been I would be surprised if it were not, but does anyone know for sure if the Skalkaho open yet?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #35
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Thumpercrazee has answered my question in another thread =>
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3#post10011093
so will be heading there Sunday!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #36
Beartooth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Yo Missoula

Advriders....let's grip it and rip it this weekend. Let me know if anyone is down for a dirt tour.
Beartooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #37
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Wow, figured this thread was a bust! Great to hear from a local!

I am always up for some helmet time, but all I have is the Uly, and as excellent as it is on the dirt roads, it is a little heavy for the singletracks in these mountains.

So, does that qualify?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #38
Putts
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains45
Wow, figured this thread was a bust! Great to hear from a local!
Keep after it baby!

My suggestion is ample meatspace meat and meeting.

Please include beer.

If you BBQ it, they will come.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #39
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Damn if that isn't a good idea, shoulda thought of it myself. My place on the mountainside would be a good place to have it too, lots of room.

Will have to clear it with ChainWife first though, things like this tend to make her want to clean house - which is NOT good for my peaceful evenings.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #40
Beartooth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
lolo

I'd be down for a run up lolo pass Saturday....Maybe swing into the jack or the lodge.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #41
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Wife informs me we are going to the Root Festival Saturday, which is fine as I already agreed. How about Sunday?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #42
MTBXR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
ADV Riding alive and well in Missoula

Just in case there is doubt that Missoulians don't ride, I thought I would do a little trip report.

Had Monday off and decided to ride Hoodoo Pass (Superior) to Hwy 12 (come by the Lochsa Lodge). About 240 miles round trip from Missoula with about 120 miles on Dirt. I didn't realize how much country there is between the 2 highways! But a great trip, one which would be more fun with company. I would post some pics, however I seem to be inept in linking the pics. So you will have to take my word that the views and riding is worth it.

As fall approaches I will have more time for riding so let me know it you are looking for a riding partner!
MTBXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #43
jjmyzrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Do any of you guys in the area have any info or experience riding the Lolo Motor Way? Speedster and myself will be taking that route on Sept 10th on our way to the KTM ralley. We are wondering if there is any good camping along the trail, and how long will it take to go through it? If any of you have any information, it would be helpful for our ride.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #44
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Did about 40 miles of it last fall, just basically your standard Forest Service roads, the trick is staying on the right ones. Some of the steeper parts can be badly washed out, especially considering the wet summer we have had, but they go through and fix various parts of that time to time. If I remember it is somewhere around 100 miles total, and at the 15-25 mph you can safely travel most FS roads, that will be 5-7 hrs. The neat thing is if you find you are taking too long, you can jump off and get on Hwy 12 at various places for the entire length. I do not remember any formal camping sites on the section I was on, but a lot of places you could camp in if you did not need a campfire. Check with the Ranger Station about campfires, and definitely get a FS map of the area, they are not 100% accurate, but better than just about anything else.

Since this year has been a bust for fires, there have been a lot of fire crews out doing trail work, and they may still be out there for another week, so be aware that there may be people on the road.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #45
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

So, anyone up for a ride Sunday? Looks like rain is likely which may limit forest access for those of us running DS tires. But willing to try anything if I am not alone.