ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #91
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains45
Sounds like the start of a plan, will keep in touch and see what the weekend brings.

Welcome to ADVRider!!
Thanks. Tried to go up Garnet with a few others from a KLR forum on Friday. Made it up there, and the gate was closed, said it opened on April 30th.

Look what I found! ha.
ChaseM1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #92
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseM1991
Look what I found! ha.
Is that a flat screen?

It was a beautiful weekend in Frenchtown too. Wanted to ride but had some intestinal crap to get over, plus I rode my rear tire to the cords unexpectedly last weekend, should be getting a new set delivered today.

Looks like the roads are clear up there, since that is pretty close to the higher point of the route the rest should at least be be passable.

Life is too short for regrets, I want to come to the end of this life bruised, battered, scratched and bleeding, holding a broken bone or two, and yelling "WOW WHAT A RIDE!! LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!!!"
Chains45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #93
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

Quote:
Is that a flat screen?

It was a beautiful weekend in Frenchtown too. Wanted to ride but had some intestinal crap to get over, plus I rode my rear tire to the cords unexpectedly last weekend, should be getting a new set delivered today.

Looks like the roads are clear up there, since that is pretty close to the higher point of the route the rest should at least be be passable.
Sure is a flat screen... Tied the sucker to the back of my klr and drove it back to Huson.

I am sure I have seen you around. Only graduated from Frenchtown High School like a year ago.(hated the dang school. too much drugs and alcohol. I was one of the few to stay away from it.) Going to school in Missoula now, drive from huson to missoula daily.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #94
Putts
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,327
Quote:
Early spring and 17% of normal snowpack.
Ouch! Even after this last moisture?

I s'pose that means I need to keep praying for crappy weather.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #95
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

We had more rain in one day last week than we have ever had, about 1.7" if I remember right. But doubt if that will make much difference by July. The real key to how the fire season is going to go will depend on the rains in June and July.

I know that even in moderate years past it was not unusual for me to have snow in the shaded areas of my yard until June, I think I was snow-free by late March this year, going to have to mow soon.....

So yes, fingers crossed for some crappy weather between now and late July.

Life is too short for regrets, I want to come to the end of this life bruised, battered, scratched and bleeding, holding a broken bone or two, and yelling "WOW WHAT A RIDE!! LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!!!"
Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #96
Chains45 OP
Wait.... what?

Chase, was the closed gate you found to the town of Garnet, or on the Garnet Range Road (BLM) itself? If the BLM road was closed, where?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #97
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

Quote:
Chase, was the closed gate you found to the town of Garnet, or on the Garnet Range Road (BLM) itself? If the BLM road was closed, where?
It was right where the parking for the snowmobile people was. It was on the main paved road right before it started going up the hill. It said it would open on april 30th. There is a spot to ride snowmobiles through but we didn't want to chance it. So we turned kept goin up the road and turned at the top of johnsrude.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #98
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

I'm good for a ride on saturday... No work, just checked
Old 04-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #99
griz901
Dipshit

Oddometer: 330
Yep, pretty dry already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putts
Ouch! Even after this last moisture?

I s'pose that means I need to keep praying for crappy weather.
Unfortunately, things are also dry up here. Four of us went up to Polebridge for lunch last Saturday. These guys are standing on the shores of the not-so-mighty Flathead River up the north fork.

Normal spring runoff would have them under water where they are standing
Hopefully we'll get some spring rains to give you guys an even better MT1000

Old 04-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #100
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz901
Unfortunately, things are also dry up here. Four of us went up to Polebridge for lunch last Saturday. These guys are standing on the shores of the not-so-mighty Flathead River up the north fork.

Normal spring runoff would have them under water where they are standing
Hopefully we'll get some spring rains to give you guys an even better MT1000

Nine-mile creek was just started to go up... Water still isn't muddy
Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #101
bigskydrift
dual sport hooligan

Oddometer: 421
I went up nine mile today, the ranger station, Kreis Pond and over to Alberton today, beautiful ride but not a speck of mud or a wet spot on the roads anywhere that I went, I did stay to the lower roads, c'mon rain / snow!
Im in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And its difficult to analyze love when youre in it." - John Steinbeck
bigskydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #102
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydrift
I went up nine mile today, the ranger station, Kreis Pond and over to Alberton today, beautiful ride but not a speck of mud or a wet spot on the roads anywhere that I went, I did stay to the lower roads, c'mon rain / snow!
I was up there yesterday. Isn't it bad how low that pond is? There is water running into it, but it is not like what it was years ago.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #103
bigskydrift
dual sport hooligan

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseM1991
I was up there yesterday. Isn't it bad how low that pond is? There is water running into it, but it is not like what it was years ago.
yes, it looked very low.......I did see two bull elk nearby though, one of them had shed his antlers and the other still had one side left...they charged across the road and dang near t-boned me!
I see that you live in Huson, I rode thru there on my way home today-and past the Smurfit-Stone mill, it is kind of eerie there, all quiet and all of those hardhats hanging on the fence.......sure hope it reopens like the rumors have it!
Im in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And its difficult to analyze love when youre in it." - John Steinbeck
bigskydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #104
ChaseM1991
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydrift
yes, it looked very low.......I did see two bull elk nearby though, one of them had shed his antlers and the other still had one side left...they charged across the road and dang near t-boned me!
I see that you live in Huson, I rode thru there on my way home today-and past the Smurfit-Stone mill, it is kind of eerie there, all quiet and all of those hardhats hanging on the fence.......sure hope it reopens like the rumors have it!
It is going to be a mess if it does reopen. All the workers are moving.

You see elk up this way quite often.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #105
mtlax12345
n00b

Oddometer: 4
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]Hey guys, Im from PA and Im going to be going to school at the University of Montana next fall. I ride supermoto and dual sport around here and cant wait to get out to MT. After looking at some of these pictures its making me want to get a dual sport real bad when I go there. Just thought I'd chime in...
mtlax12345 is offline   Reply With Quote