ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1142 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #24721
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,322
small grip arrived in record time for the sig, installed and now itching to go to the range to try it out
it doesn't feel that much smaller initially, but now I can swap the 2 out, if I need to I can take the dremel to one of them
__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #24722
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot View Post
small grip arrived in record time for the sig, installed and now itching to go to the range to try it out
it doesn't feel that much smaller initially, but now I can swap the 2 out, if I need to I can take the dremel to one of them
What is it?
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #24723
squidhunter
suck-squeeze-bang-blow
 
squidhunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hidden California
Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
What is it?
Looks like a 2022. I have one and love it.
__________________
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
squidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #24724
JeffS77
cheap bastard
 
JeffS77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Riverside , CA
Oddometer: 3,372
got crazy with the hacksaw ten inches be gone.....just wont be able to hit anything out past 5 yards





JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #24725
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidhunter View Post
Looks like a 2022. I have one and love it.
Hmm...
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #24726
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,727
That shotgun does not look particularly legal if'n you don't have a tax stamp...
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #24727
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
What is it?
Sig Pro 2009 IIRC. He was wanting to replace the grips a few months ago.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #24728
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidhunter View Post
Looks like a 2022. I have one and love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Sig Pro 2009 IIRC. He was wanting to replace the grips a few months ago.
I want one.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #24729
JeffS77
cheap bastard
 
JeffS77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Riverside , CA
Oddometer: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
That shotgun does not look particularly legal if'n you don't have a tax stamp...

it is legal 18 1/2" barrel and 35" overall so it is good to go ...being a single shot it looks shorter then it really is




Definition of Short Barrelled Shotgun CPC12020, Article 2: (c)(1) As used in this section, a "short-barreled shotgun" means any of the following:
  • (A) A firearm which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell and having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
  • (B) A firearm which has an overall length of less than 26 inches and which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell.
  • (C) Any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #24730
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon
 
Stromdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
got crazy with the hacksaw ten inches be gone.....just wont be able to hit anything out past 5 yards





Is that a shell holder sleeve on the butt stock?
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #24731
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
it is legal 18 1/2" barrel and 35" overall so it is good to go ...being a single shot it looks shorter then it really is


Definition of Short Barrelled Shotgun CPC12020, Article 2: (c)(1) As used in this section, a "short-barreled shotgun" means any of the following:
  • (A) A firearm which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell and having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
  • (B) A firearm which has an overall length of less than 26 inches and which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell.
  • (C) Any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
Okay fair enough. I am guessing that 18" measures all the way up to the receiver, right?
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #24732
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
What is it?
sigpro 2009

opps 205'd

It is a nice pistol, just doesn't fit my hands that well. The grip was the first part in trying to fix that, will see what happens
__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #24733
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
I want one.
The SP2009/2040 turned into the SP2022. There is also the P250 DAO if you like the polymer frame.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #24734
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
The SP2009/2040 turned into the SP2022. There is also the P250 DAO if you like the polymer frame.
Kürbczech has a P250c.

I like it a lot.

Considering one in .40.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #24735
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder
 
Boondoggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central VA
Oddometer: 15,783
Stopped by a local shop on the way home from a client meeting

Oops...



Bersa Thunder UC9. It just felt good in my hands. Have not shot it yet, will likely be this weekend before I get the chance... although I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm coming down with something...
__________________
____
Public Service Announcement: even for asshats, suggesting they set themselves on fire is a bit much.
What is wrong with you guys? -RapidWife
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015