Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 793 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #28471
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesandeights View Post
With all due respect, there is a pending lawsuit over whether that really happened, and the facts as you've posted them are different than what I've read elsewhere. It's my understanding Ventura was in Coronado as a keynote speaker to a graduating class of SEAL, and that he happened to be at the same bar, not that he barged into a wake. The facts will continue to come out over the instance.

RIP Chris Kyle.
Ventura is a scumbag:
http://www.startribune.com/local/167764165.html?refer=y
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #28472
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
No disrespect here. I'm from Canada, so I've never heard of him. Do you mean to tell me somebody shot him at a gun range? On purpose? What's with some of these sick fucks? You guys don't need gun control, you need "ass hole" control! FUCK!
Lyle
From the sounds of it, the shooter was there for PTSD therapy.

But yea, I think you summed up about 90% of the shootings in the USA - need for asshole control. People in this country need to stop solving their problems with guns - of course much of that violence is gang related.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #28473
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
Yeah, I've read a number of the stories reported about the incident. Putting a link to a story doesn't make it any more true. The story is being disputed, through a lawsuit. I'm not saying Ventura isn't a scumbag, because I don't know. I do know there is more than one side to every story, and a lot times there are a number of sides to a story. Kyle's is one side. Kyle's defense requested the lawsuit be dismissed and a judge felt there was enough to Ventura's side of the story (including witness(es)) to move the litigation forward, so it was not dismissed. I have no dog in the fight, but Kyle was being sued for slander/defamation and at least one person there that night said it never happened. Links to stories reported in the news doesn't make truth. The truth is.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #28474
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Quote:
Yeah, I've read a number of the stories reported about the incident. Putting a link to a story doesn't make it any more true. The story is being disputed, through a lawsuit. I'm not saying Ventura isn't a scumbag, because I don't know. I do know there is more than one side to every story, and a lot times there are a number of sides to a story. Kyle's is one side. Kyle's defense requested the lawsuit be dismissed and a judge felt there was enough to Ventura's side of the story (including witness(es)) to move the litigation forward, so it was not dismissed. I have no dog in the fight, but Kyle was being sued for slander/defamation and at least one person there that night said it never happened. Links to stories reported in the news doesn't make truth. The truth is.
In honor of Chris Kyle I will respond one more time. Did you read the comments from the people at the wake at the end of the link? If you did and can still have any doubts about Ventura's action at this event, then you need to evaluate your reasoning ability and read up on the history and previous actions and statements by the narcissist asshole Ventura.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #28475
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536

Don't forget to write your congressmen and government officials otherwise things like nightsights will be history!
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #28476
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
In honor of Chris Kyle I will respond one more time. Did you read the comments from the people at the wake at the end of the link? If you did and can still have any doubts about Ventura's action at this event, then you need to evaluate your reasoning ability and read up on the history and previous actions and statements by the narcissist asshole Ventura.
What I read was there was one person willing to testify the event occurred, that they heard what Kyle claims Ventura said and saw Kyle hit Ventura, out of all the people there. I also read that there were SEALS/SEAL/BUD trainer and owner of the bar that was/were there willing to testify that it did not occur. I think taking in as much as I can and making an informed decision is rational. I think making a decision based on Internet comments likely is not rational decision making. BTW, I have not made a decision as to what happened because as far as I can tell there is one witness willing to testify on one side and at least one or more on the other side willing to testify. I am not defending either person, just reiterating there are witnesses on both sides, and more than one side to the story.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #28477
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,840
Cool2 So - this is at the gunsmith's now...

tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #28478
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Did I put this in here before the horrible boating accident?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #28479
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post

What are you having done?
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #28480
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,584
Quote:
:jealous
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #28481
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post

What are you having done?
diffrn't grip safety an' whatever Mr. gunsmith thinks it needs.
Trigger break is nice - no creep... but I trust his judgement on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
:jealous
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #28482
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
diffrn't grip safety an' whatever Mr. gunsmith thinks it needs.
Trigger break is nice - no creep... but I trust his judgement on it.
Good call.
I've done a bunch of stuff to mine, but to be honest, the only thing it NEEDED was the grip safety.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #28483
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,584
I hear older models had common failures - slides would crack or something. Is there a serial # cutoff, or just need to make wure warrantee work was done?

I must say, I need to look into that EAA Witness hunter. Probably a good bit cheaper than the DE.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #28484
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
I hear older models had common failures - slides would crack or something. Is there a serial # cutoff, or just need to make wure warrantee work was done?

I must say, I need to look into that EAA Witness hunter. Probably a good bit cheaper than the DE.
Pretty sure that was on some 10mm with an alloy frame. I recall hearing about it when I bought my DE in '92. The issue had been sorted out for a while by that time.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #28485
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Quote:
Yeah, I've read a number of the stories reported about the incident.
And listened to Alex Jones?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: