Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 864 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #29326
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
Sweet - that looks to be a bit older than mine, it certainly has better wood, mine is opaque stained - still shoots nice - I love mine.
Nope, brand new made in the Remington factory. I know the Remington guns have been getting a bad rap, but this one seems to cycle just fine and has a decent finish and fit to the wood. It's the W, so it's even the cheap version, which is not walnut. I think it's birch with a darker stain. The wood doesn't matter that much to me, since this gun is going to get used on the ranch and beat up.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #29327
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
My EBR. American Spirit Arms flat top with Lothar-Walther bull barrel. Puts 'em through the same hole at 500yds. when conditions are right.

That's cool. 223?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #29328
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 4,571
Thumb 590A1 got WOOD!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #29329
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,311
[QUOTE=Squelch;21085738]That Magpul breakdown gun reminds me of the HK MP5K in a briefcase:

And that reminds me of the Man from UNCLE's attache case.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #29330
wakewop
Hucker

Oddometer: 728
My latest build. 223 wylde chambered. Really fun and accurate.
wakewop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #29331
Weldman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Man that's a great looking shotgun.

Where did you find one with a wood stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjo_NY View Post
Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #29332
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 4,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
Where did you find one with a wood stock?
I don't think they come with wood furniture. Mine came with regular synthetic stock/forend.
Bought the wood out of ebay.
That's how it looked when I got it, I sand it down and "varnished" with used motor oil!

Juanjo_NY screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 06:44 AM
Juanjo_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #29333
Weldman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
You did a fine job ...

so much better than the factory plastic!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #29334
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,535
Dino or synthetic?

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #29335
rollinrob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,558
I did the same thing for my 870, got mine from E-Bay, just looks better than plastic.

rollinrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #29336
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
This was my first centerfire rifle. 1943 Winchester M1. From the research I've done, it was apparently part of a shipment of Garands that went to Canada in the late 50's. It also went through England at one point since the barrel has Birmingham Nitro Proof stamps. Not a lend/lease rifle. I have a few other M1's in my collection, but this one means the most to me. My grandfather bought the rifle in the mid-60's and rarely shot it. He bought it because he carried one as a Marine in WWII/Korea. Paid $39.99 for it at a hardware store in Goose Creek, South Carolina.

When I turned 16 in 1988, he gave it to me. Shortly afterward, I started shooting in NRA Service Rifle matches and had nat'l match sights installed (hard to beat a nice set of NM sights on an M1/M14). I was never a serious competitor, but I scored pretty well on a few occasions and spent about 10 years shooting various matches with this old warhorse. With my 175gr handloads, it will still shoot an honest 3MOA at 600yds from a rest if I do my part. Not bad for a 70 year old rifle (although the barrel is much younger.) And it's killed more whitetail than any other rifle in my vault.

-Mark Twain
TexBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #29337
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Old 04-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #29338
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBiker View Post
This was my first centerfire rifle. 1943 Winchester M1. From the research I've done, it was apparently part of a shipment of Garands that went to Canada in the late 50's. It also went through England at one point since the barrel has Birmingham Nitro Proof stamps. Not a lend/lease rifle. I have a few other M1's in my collection, but this one means the most to me. My grandfather bought the rifle in the mid-60's and rarely shot it. He bought it because he carried one as a Marine in WWII/Korea. Paid $39.99 for it at a hardware store in Goose Creek, South Carolina.

When I turned 16 in 1988, he gave it to me. Shortly afterward, I started shooting in NRA Service Rifle matches and had nat'l match sights installed (hard to beat a nice set of NM sights on an M1/M14). I was never a serious competitor, but I scored pretty well on a few occasions and spent about 10 years shooting various matches with this old warhorse. With my 175gr handloads, it will still shoot an honest 3MOA at 600yds from a rest if I do my part. Not bad for a 70 year old rifle (although the barrel is much younger.) And it's killed more whitetail than any other rifle in my vault.

That is an elegant rifle.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #29339
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
I was going to take the Mini14 out this morning and annihilate a few dozen Coke cans.....but it's fucking snowing! WHY do I live here? GRrrrr
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #29340
Range Motorsport
Junk collector

Oddometer: 1,652
My SCCY came in on Friday and I took it out for a little test shoot. First a couple pics...

Size comparison, top left is a fullsize 9mm SIG P250, bottom left SIG P6, top right sub-compact 9mm SIG P250, bottom right SCCY CPX2.

May not look like it in the picture but the SCCY is significantly smaller than the SC P250. It also weighs about half as much and feels better in my hand.

Upon initial inspection the fit and finish of this gun is incredibly good, as good if not better than my SIGs. The grip seems large but it fits very well in my smallish hands and aims naturally with my grip. The only other gun that seemed to have a natural feel like this was a Ruger SP101 I shot a couple years ago.

The gun was a little rough out of the box but my tried and true break in method worked it in before any FTD, FTL, or FTF's could occur. I took it out and fired off 10 rounds in 35 degree weather with ease. The trigger was smooth and even, no rapid buildup or release of pressure as you pulled. The gun had normal recoil for a 9mm which is amazing for such a small gun.

This was the first SCCY my local dealer had ever seen and he was impressed, he has seen a lot of guns and sells a lot of high end stuff, in fact the guy in front of me had just bought a Kimber SOLO. Comparing the two he thought the SCCY looked the part of a $600 gun with the price of a hi-point.

I will hopefully get a lot more rounds through this when Spring comes and get a chance to test it's accuracy on some real targets.
www.upoverland.org
Range Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: