It's got an AICS 1.5 stock on it.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #12437
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
What is that?

Rem. 700 action on an Accuracy Intl. stock/chassis (?)
milq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #12438
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,018
I am going with a rifle with a big ass scope on it. Most likely something more expensive then the Walmart variety tasco's.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #12439
NJ-GS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
My Picatinny single-rail mount came today and I went to the local shop and picked up a Surefire G2 and mounting ring.

100 bucks well spent. Should have got the double rail because I think I want a cheap/simple laser as well.

Off the grid, what kind of rail mount is that? Do you think it would work on a Mossberg 590A1? I've only got about 1/4 inch of mag tube at the end.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #12440
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-GS View Post
Off the grid, what kind of rail mount is that? Do you think it would work on a Mossberg 590A1? I've only got about 1/4 inch of mag tube at the end.
Rail here. 25 bucks off Ebay. Not sure about the mossberg, most 870 vs 500/550 stuff is not compatible. (although why would a 12g tube be different?)

The rail is reversible I tested it so if you are using a different foregrip you can mount it forward, but it protrudes out and looks to be more susceptible to breakage.

2 thumbs up on the Surefire setup. For a 40 dollar/65 lumen light...money well spent.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #12441
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewhl View Post
That looks like what I could use.
I bought my AR15 not thinking about the handle not being removable.
Mine is a Colt, I am sure there is something, but I have not looked into it much.
There are all kinds of scopes, red-dots and mounts that work on an AR with a carrying handle, both in the 'standard' position and also more forward scout mountings. If a scope is mounted directly above the handle you lose your stock-weld, although with a light recoiling AR it isn't a huge big deal. Or you can simply either buy a flat-top upper, or have yours machined by a competent gunsmith to make it a flat-top with a Picatinny rail.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #12442
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Welp it was as cold as an ice witch's tit today but I had to go to the range to break in that 22/45 some more.

I love it! I feel like the thing is actually grouping, which is more than I can say of my performance with the 9mm I used to have.

One question though. I feel like it is shooting a little to the right. However, I'm not going to mess around with the sites because I figure I am probably pulling to the right when I squeeze the trigger. Opinions on a situation like this? Do I need to get a sandbag or something?

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #12443
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewhl View Post
That looks like what I could use.
I bought my AR15 not thinking about the handle not being removable.
Mine is a Colt, I am sure there is something, but I have not looked into it much.
The main problem with mounting a scope on the carry handle is that it's WAY up high. To get a proper cheek weld you will need to add some type of riser to the stock to get your head high enough. The other problem is parallax since the optic's sight plane is so far from the bore axis.

If you have the tools, you could swap the upper receiver with a flat-top and reuse your barrel and other parts ($100). Otherwise you could sell the upper or buy another upper ($500). Only guy's who use A1 & A2 (carry handle) uppers are those looking for retro builds. The A3 and A4 (M4 cuts) are more practical if you want optics.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #12444
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Do I need to get a sandbag or something?
Sounds like a good way to find out, or have an experienced shooter put some mags through it to find out if it does the same to them.

If the range lets you hang your own paper there are targets you can buy that tell you what you're doing wrong based on where your shots are landing.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #12445
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Nice collection! No revolver love?
I spy a Bersa!!
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #12446
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,403
Anyone else having trouble opening this thread? It takes 15-20 seconds to open vs. instantly for all others on ADV.

After doing a bunch of reading I'm gonna get the LCP. Christmas money will do it.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #12447
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
I've been looking at some of the gun-specific forums and I think I'll have to stop. The amount of tinkering and modifying that people do to the 10/22 and MKIII is dizzying. I think I'm going to have to try to not to do any of it lest I fall in too deep...

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #12448
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,615
Quote:
Welp it was as cold as an ice witch's tit today but I had to go to the range to break in that 22/45 some more.

I love it! I feel like the thing is actually grouping, which is more than I can say of my performance with the 9mm I used to have.

One question though. I feel like it is shooting a little to the right. However, I'm not going to mess around with the sites because I figure I am probably pulling to the right when I squeeze the trigger. Opinions on a situation like this? Do I need to get a sandbag or something?
Get a partner and do some ball & dummy drills. This will tell you if you are pulling the trigger straight, flinching or doing some other error. What you do is have the partner load the gun, or cock it on an empty chamber while you look away. He hands the gun to you, and you shoot (or not). When you get a dummy, you will instantly see the gun move if you are doing something wrong. If you are doing everything right, the gun will remain still in your hand (then you need to adjust your sights to move the group). If you see the gun twitch right or left, you need to practice your trigger press to get it straight back, and be sure that the pad of your finger is doing the pressing. If the gun jerks down, you are anticipating the recoil and flinching a bit. Ball and dummy is an invaluable technique that will help you throughout your shooting career to remain consistent.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #12449
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,309
Quote:
I've been looking at some of the gun-specific forums and I think I'll have to stop. The amount of tinkering and modifying that people do to the 10/22 and MKIII is dizzying. I think I'm going to have to try to not to do any of it lest I fall in too deep...
Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #12450
crawdad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:

http://www.lasc.us/FryxellCrackShot.htm

How far to the right and from what distance? Since you're shooting a mild recoiling caliber like the 22lr I'd say there's a real good chance you just need to adjust your sights. Take your time and concentrate on the basics for every shot; breathing, sight alignment, focus on front sight, don't anticipate the shot
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: