User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
icestorm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Israel !

Has anyone try to ride in Israel ? Or are there any motorcycle rentals there ? I would like to go someday and see this amazing country. I have heard that it is a great place for motorbike tours or adventure tours. Beautiful landscape and nice people.

KTM 990 ADV S 2007
Yamaha XT660R 2007
www.sverrirt.blog.is
icestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
Gruebane
Pawn Star

Oddometer: 996
Israel is a great place , so many cultures in a small space.

I was there for a while , not many big motorcycles but lots of scooters and smaller bikes. I cant recall ever seeing a motorcycle rental business but i am sure you could rent a smaller bike ....

go an have a great holiday ...nothing like sitting in jerusalem on a bench having a ciggarette and watching the ppl go by or on the sea of gallilee or from a bench in tel aviv...go play backgammon against the pensioners on the beach... let them take a few shekels off you ...its a great experience
Old 12-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
alive
Am Israel Hai

Oddometer: 1
Israel

Unfortunately no motorbike rental in Israel except for some scooters.

KTM is the most popular brand in Israel (offroad) and have a few demo and second hand bikes that they use for riding tests.

Knowing KTM manager in Israel, I would say that there is a good chance that if you would approach the local dealer through your KTM dealer there might be a bike for you for a day or two just as a jester of good will.
alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
c881
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by icestorm
Has anyone try to ride in Israel ? Or are there any motorcycle rentals there ? I would like to go someday and see this amazing country. I have heard that it is a great place for motorbike tours or adventure tours. Beautiful landscape and nice people.
Sorry, only one I know to rent bikes in Israel are BMW, and last time I asked, they started at 100$ a day.
I read about a man that came to visit and a friend in Israel arranged a spare KTM so he joined a tour for a few hours. a link

contacting Kruvi (Israel KTM line manager) through your KTM dealer, sound like a good Idea.
c881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
balush
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Here's link to a place saying they rent bikes.
The link is in french (the English page is under construction)
I talked to them today and they said that you should call for availability. they have KLE 500. Don't know the prices...

I wouldn't count on it. as far as i know renting a motorcycle in Israel is a problem.

And yes, it is a beautiful place and a great place for motorbike tours.
balush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
liquidspice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
israel welcomes adv riders !!

hi guys!

i read this thread and i can understand that some of you have intrest in israel.

most of you already stated some of israels vertues,but knowing israel i can only say that those were only tips of an iceberg...

even though i am not a member of the israeli goverment "tourism dep.", i can say for sure that you are more than welcome to come and visit us.

i would be more than happy to assist any adv rider in any need,please feel welcome to ask questions or help.

you can also find me in "thumpers".

thanx!

elad
Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
mikyheimann
Miky

Oddometer: 17
Willing to help Advriders visiting

Hi,
If anyone visits Israel and need help with anything, I'm willing to offer assistance and advice.

I knew someone who was renting his personal bikes, but for relatively long terms, as to make it legal he actually sold the bike and bought them back. If anyone is interested, i'll try to track the guy (old Japanese bikes).

BR, Miky
mikyheimann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
i plan to ride israel on my GS, as part of a greater african trip. i always thought that to ride israel would take a day, or so ... a short ride.

i would then need a few more days, on buses, to play tourist.

Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
dedsmurf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
heading there next week

Im going for 2 weeks ot Isr... anyone know of a mc rental? klr, x dr, xr...
Please PM me if you do. thanks!!
toda

dedsmurf screwed with this post 01-31-2009 at 11:56 AM
dedsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
dedsmurf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
ok.. only a few places that rent.. and the price is horrible.. 125$/day for a F650 or KLE500 and nothing else available.. so forget it. also cost prohibitive to bring your own if you are riding through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedsmurf
Im going for 2 weeks ot Isr... anyone know of a mc rental? klr, x dr, xr...
Please PM me if you do. thanks!!
toda
dedsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
KTRMN8R
Sand Camel

Oddometer: 1,208
Cool2

What's Iceland like for riding??? PM-me.

Quote:

God Bless & Godspeed!
KTRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
workman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Moto tours Israel

If anybody is interested...Im going in a week to Israel on a tour with Hannigan Moto Tours. They will be having another tour of Israel sometime this fall. I went 2 years ago with out a motorcycle and wished for one the whole time.....it is an awesome place being made more so by motorcycle! Anyone interested post me back and I will get more information to you.
workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #13
c881
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerel
i plan to ride israel on my GS, as part of a greater african trip. i always thought that to ride israel would take a day, or so ... a short ride.

If you come with your own MC, from Egypt say, it should be easier.
* keep in mind that's not all of Israel neighbors have open passage, only Jordan and Egypt.
* you can't come in to Jordan with a motorcycle, you need to get permission first, since motorcycle is illegal in Jordan.
c881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #14
Clansters
Tour Aegea

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerel

I think it takes about 8 hours by car from Eilat to Haifa. Pardon me if I am mistaken. I lived there for a year but never drove. By bike it should take less than 8 hours.
Me and my childhood buddy have a dream of riding from Izmir to Mersin and take a boat from there to Haifa and discover the anchient places by bike.
I also came accross to some great pictures of the terrain for adventure riding.
Clansters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 AM   #15
branac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidspice
hi guys!

i read this thread and i can understand that some of you have intrest in israel.

most of you already stated some of israels vertues,but knowing israel i can only say that those were only tips of an iceberg...

even though i am not a member of the israeli goverment "tourism dep.", i can say for sure that you are more than welcome to come and visit us.

i would be more than happy to assist any adv rider in any need,please feel welcome to ask questions or help.

you can also find me in "thumpers".

thanx!

elad
Hello. My name is Branko(59) and has long time planning with motorcycle(Suzuki V-strom 650 DL) to Israel in society of my wife Irena(58)and another couple(Suzuki GSX 1400), accros Serbia,Bulgaria,Turkey,Syria,Jordan. Israel for me wearing the beautiful memories when I worked there 16 years ago. Now I'm shure that will achieve my dream to once again see this beautiful country. Returning this way might be a problem because of israelish stamp in our passports so for now only solution to avoid this problem is route Israel-Cyprus-Turkey and that will make additional costs to as.If anibody has some idea how to avoid israelish stamp in passport and go home same way by land I will be really grateful. I red on forum Israeli wonders that it is possible to gat stamp on a piece of paper on the way in and aut of Israel, but you have to ask nicely. Does anybody knows about ferry line from Haifa(Ashdod) to Limassol(CYP) or Izmir(TR) and rate for it? Greetings. Branko from Croatia.

branac screwed with this post 10-28-2009 at 04:27 AM
branac is offline   Reply With Quote