Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #31
Botta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways
If there is a KTM dealer there I would assume there is some offroad riding available. Curious as I have been offered a job in T-A for 1 year and being a dirt bike junkie would need my regular fix.
Israel has its down sides, no doubt about it. Nevertheless, it is an offroader paradise! Unlike Europe and parts of the US, most of the land is public and open for bikes and 4X4s.
Botta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #32
balor demons mcc
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyheimann View Post
Hi,
If anyone visits Israel and need help with anything, I'm willing to offer assistance and advice.

I knew someone who was renting his personal bikes, but for relatively long terms, as to make it legal he actually sold the bike and bought them back. If anyone is interested, i'll try to track the guy (old Japanese bikes).

BR, Miky

hi, im a irish man living and working in askhelon in israel, i missing my bike and would love to rent a bike for a wknd, can u help
balor demons mcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #33
mikyheimann
Miky

Oddometer: 17
Hi,
As for now, thwe only option I know of is the Harley Davidson Israel having bikes for rent, usually to wealthy Americans...
Try them at
http://www.harley-davidson.co.il/ind...tegoryId=20641

BR, Miky
mikyheimann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #34
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

Oddometer: 18,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by balor demons mcc View Post
hi, im a irish man living and working in askhelon in israel, i missing my bike and would love to rent a bike for a wknd, can u help
What make/model/style of bike are you looking for?

Miky - where are you in Israel?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #35
mikyheimann
Miky

Near Modiin

between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
Old 01-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #36
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

Quote:
between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
So about twenty minutes from me in T-A!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #37
mikyheimann
Miky

Small world, aint it

miky@tagapro.com
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #38
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

Quote:
Sure is!

I was in Ben Shemen last weekend, good riding!

I'm guessing that can't be far from you?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #39
mikyheimann
Miky

No

Was at BS myself, but I'm there on a bike without a motor. I'm the motor
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 AM   #40
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

Quote:
Was at BS myself, but I'm there on a bike without a motor. I'm the motor
Did you happen to spot any KTM990s going by?

Old 01-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #41
mikyheimann
Miky

Katum 990?

No.
And you can't miss an orange elefant..
Old 01-20-2011, 03:23 AM   #42
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

Quote:
No.
And you can't miss an orange elefant..
But those black ones fade into the forest like a wolf in the night...
Old 01-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #43
dpetri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Israeli contact

Hi all,

My name is Daniel and I live near Tel-Aviv. As it happens, I am also the manager of Israel's largest bikers forum at http://www.tapuz.co.il/Forums2008/Fo...aspx?ForumId=8 (my nickname there is "Mitsu", in Hebrew).

As most people said, there isn't a steady and running bike rental business in the country, and the only occasional rentals are from the Harley and (possibly, not as of this moment) BMW dealers. Do NOT expect to be able to easily rent a bike here, unless it's a small scooter for city travel.

Some additional tips:

For those traveling WITH your bike: Riding is done, as in most of Europe, on the right side of the road. Unlike some countries, most drivers obey the traffic rules, but do NOT expect them to do so, and ALWAYS be careful. We've got at least 40 motorcycle kills each year, and most of these are because of driver-biker incidents, with around 80% of the accidents in total are due to the driver's fault.

Speed limit is (usually) 50 Kph in the city, 80-90 on most roads, and 90-100-110 on the highways. Speed limits are not as roughly enforces as in some countries (talk about Switzerland...), but you don't want to be caught. If you are caught, you ***may*** be able to get away if you're really nice, show your passport, and speak some foreign language, but don't bet on it. You do NOT want to offer anything besides your papers to the cop, because that WILL get you into trouble... Speed enforcement is done by means of static cameras on poles on the side of the roads (more of these are going to be installed this year... :-( ), laser traps (only from the front, never from the rear), mobile cameras on unmarked police cars that are parked on the side of roads (mostly, as of this moment, WV Jetta, Honda Accords, Skoda Octavia and some Mazda 6), and from mobile radars (BEE) on marked and unmarked policy cars. Radar detectors are legal, but radar jammers are NOT.

Signs are easy to understand. Directions to places are (usually) written both in Hebrew and English (as well as Arabic), however do not expect this to always be true, and a localized GPS would be a good companion.

Weather is mostly sunny and warm, with approx. 300 days of sun per year. We do get rain (or we hope to get rain) in the winter, from approx October to March, but the last 7 years were bad in terms of rain and so far, this year, we only got about 10-15 days of rain in total... Winter can be cold, but not as cold as Europe or North America. If it snows, it only snows once or twice, and only on the Hermon mountain with small chances of snow in Jerusalem and the Galilee mountains. Besides the high areas, roads are almost 99.999% ice free, so no special riding gear is needed except some good warming clothes and some good rain protection, if you ride in the winter. Summer, however, is long, warm, and sunny with 0% rain, from June to September. Temperatures can go as high as 30, 35, and even 40 degrees (C), with some very hot places that can be even warmer. The Tel-Aviv area and beach areas will also have high humidity (not as high as Florida for example), so combine that with heat and you get a very hot weather that will cause you to strip to your shorts and T-shirt. Do NOT expect to be able to keep your riding gear on, and if you do, you need to drink a lot!

The entire length of Israel from top to bottom can be ridden in one day (!), although doing so will make your trip here virtually useless as there's so much to see and so many places to visit, especially if you're into seeing holy or historic places, or into seeing the interesting city life in Tel-Aviv, Jerusalem or Haifa. I'd spend at least 7-10 days riding here.

I am personally acquainted with most of the dealers and some of the best shops in the country, and I will be happy to assist if there's any need.

If you ever come to the area and need some local assistance, feel free to contact me at daniel AT mitsu DOT co DOT il and mention you came from Advrider. I cannot promise 100% availability, but I'll do my best.

BTW, as of this moment I am waiting to get my brand new KTM 990 R bike, so wish me luck! The dealer (Tomer, who has been mentioned here in this thread) promised to have it ready by Tuesday. If it's not, the ENTIRE world will soon know!

dpetri screwed with this post 01-23-2011 at 01:51 PM
dpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #44
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

He was late with mine...

Tithadesh and I expect I will see you on the KTM organised rides!

Edit: This was in responde to dpetri's post - which has since disappeared!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #45
danmurphymn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
So I've read through all of the info in this thread and I'd love to contact anyone who lives in Israel so I can have a contact to help me with info. I'm thinking of taking a trip to Israel in 2012 and would love to rent a motorcycle to spend 2 weeks or so there. If anyone can email me and is willing to be a contact for me who I can ask questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

danmurphymn@gmail.com
danmurphymn is offline   Reply With Quote