Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Karbono OP
Rookie GSer

Oddometer: 338
Karbono's F800 with the poor man's farkles...

Hello. I thought I'd open a topic so I'd show all the little stuff I installed on my F800. They're not all cheap farkles, but I think they are all "cost conscious" options (this post is not sponsored by Givi! ).

For a topic about where she's travelled, try this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627085

or this, for some off-road "action": http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651991

I'll start by showing a small video about what my uncle thought about me purchasing the beemer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaOlRUN4Ir4

About the accessories I normally use:

Givi T431 sidebags secured with velcro and wires. I'm sure they're safe enough to hold whatever I throw in them, but I'd probably attach them to each other if I had to fill them with something heavy, like I have before with my camping gear:

My Givi Trekker TRK46N. I bought the tape here. I filmed a small review of the case.

The poor man's GPS holder. I got tired of looking at expensive solutions that would eventually cost me a lot (plus the GPS), so I opted for this case, which still felt somewhat expensive for what it is (I'm such a cheap bastard). I got it here. It holds any one of my cell phones and allows me to charge them as well. Supposedly water resistant. Never tested that...
You can also see a mini car cigarette lighter, a 50cm Hella Type Plug to Standard Socket Adaptor, a Nokia USB cable and something I took from an old backpack. I used it to hold my cell phone, but now it holds the loose cables.

The bike also has Givi side case holders and crash bars, that did their job really well when going off-road.

My Kriega US-20 tail bag. I bought it for my CB1000R, but still use it when I don't feel like carrying the top case.

I traded the Givi plastic caps for these BMW ones. Much better. Look for "BMW sticker caps" on ebay, if you're interested.

This is it for now. I hope someone appreciates the work organizing this and it maybe helps someone with their choices. ;)

Karbono screwed with this post 05-17-2011 at 04:20 PM
Karbono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Karbono OP
Rookie GSer

I forgot to mention the small tube in my key chain. Besides smuggling drugs inside a prison, it's also good for holding a pair of ear plugs. Bought it at a BMW dealer for 5. Really cheap, considering it's got a BMW badge printed on it.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Karbono OP
Rookie GSer

The Givi windscreen got hit by a rock the size of a golf ball at around 90 mph. It took the hit pretty well.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Karbono OP
Rookie GSer

Just installed a Stebel Magnum (low tone) horn. What a difference. It's good for a few laughs as well. I got it in a kit together with a high tone for 16€. I'm sure I won't have a problem selling the second horn to some friend.

I also just bought the AGV AX-8 Dual. Really cool. Only bad thing I can say is the obvious: it's noisier than my Shoei XR-1000 with whisper strip. It's also more sensitive to side wind.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
You can't be that much of a cheap bastard if you have an F8 and a Kriega tailpack. Both are worth it mind.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Karbono OP
Rookie GSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
You can't be that much of a cheap bastard if you have an F8 and a Kriega tailpack. Both are worth it mind.

Busted.

The Kriega tailpack's was all for a good cause. Here is the proof: http://www.hondacb1000r.com/mb/viewt...t&sd=a&start=0
Old 06-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #7
AB590
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Helmets in Givi TRK46N

[QUOTE=Karbono;16020505]Just installed a Stebel Magnum (low tone) horn. What a difference. It's good for a few laughs as well. I got it in a kit together with a high tone for 16. I'm sure I won't have a problem selling the second horn to some friend.

Hi, does your AGV AX-8 helmet (and/or any other dual sport helmets you have had) fit in the Givi top box? I have found many top boxes don't fit the extra height and peak of dual sport helmets.
Thanks, Andrew
AB590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #8
AB590
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Helmets in Givi TRK46N

p.s. yes I do of course check the top box specs but they usually are the external measurements, internal can be much smaller.
AB590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #9
Karbono OP
Rookie GSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB590 View Post
p.s. yes I do of course check the top box specs but they usually are the external measurements, internal can be much smaller.
I've posted the internal measurements of the case, somewhere in this forum. The helmet fits without any issues