User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #271
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Crash Bars????

I wanted Holan Pro crash bars. I tried to order them via the web, but got a out off stock response and was told that I would be informed when they are back in stock. This ws in Feburary. After a few weeks I checked again still out of stock. This went on for the next 2 months, then out of the blue I get an e-mail saying they are back in stock. I tried to e-mail to ask if they had the pro model in stock so I could order a set, no responce, called and left a message, no response, e-mailed again no response, called again no response. Sent a nasty e-mail. That one got a response. "I work a regular 8 hour a day job. I tried to respond to all my e-mails and phone calls after I get home". He must of missed mine.

So I ordered a set of Givi crash bars on a Wednsday, recevied the next day and installed them installed in 30 minutes.

I wasn't going to send $259.00 to a black hole. Then try to find out where my money went.

The Givi's look beefie and appear that they will kept the plastic off the ground. Side view, they blend in with the bike engine/frame. Front or rear view they are noticeable. But don't look all that bad. I have a 2010 Lava Orange F800 and the Crash Bars make the bike look rugged. Now I hope I will never need to try them out. I can always hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaPorte
Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #272
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte
I wanted Holan Pro crash bars. I tried to order them via the web, but got a out off stock response and was told that I would be informed when they are back in stock.
The Givi's look beefie and appear that they will kept the plastic off the ground. Side view, they blend in with the bike engine/frame. Front or rear view they are noticeable. But don't look all that bad. I have a 2010 Lava Orange F800 and the Crash Bars make the bike look rugged. Now I hope I will never need to try them out. I can always hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LaPorte
LaPorte, sorry to here about your trouble with the Holans, the givis should work out great. I put an order in for my Holan Pro bars near the begining of this month and they went on backorder (I knew they were out of stock when I ordered them). It took about two weeks before the status turned to shipped, I expect them here this week for both mine and my wife's bike. I too have the lava orange, but can't wait to test them out!

2013 Honda CB500X
Zacharia_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #273
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Adventure Spec are the best imho. great coverage. and they are a blessing to deal with, and can ship anywhere in a couple days. dont hesitate. +1
BMW_BIKER_KEITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #274
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 631
My Holan pro's have been working great. I will post some picks of the damage they have sustained (while saving my bike!). 3 drops on the Kokopelli trail in Utah this weekend. Wish I had followed the map correctly
Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #275
David_S
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Adventure Spec are the best imho. great coverage. and they are a blessing to deal with, and can ship anywhere in a couple days. dont hesitate. +1
+2
Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #276
vntgmx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Just installed the Holan Pros and it's a very easy straight forward installation and they tuck in well and look to offer good protection while following the lines of the bike nicely thus making it look good as well.
vntgmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #277
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 631

Took a few big hits on the right side last weekend on the Kokopelli trail. The big silver mark is actually a dent Holans bars worked awesome. No damage to bike, just my ego
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #278
dugal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Just got my 658 and have been reading this thread and I like the idea of hiway pegs like the SW Motec offers. The feedback on the Holans is very positive. Is it possible to attach hiway pegs to the Holans or the Adventure Spec?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #279
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Took my first good riding speed (vs tipover) crash a couple weeks ago and the adv spec bars held up great. Wish the same could be said for my shifter lever. TGFTouratech.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #280
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 795
My old bike was finally picked up last night, so I got into farkling mode with the new F800. Been a while since I rolled around the garage floor with a new bike.

Installed the Givi Crash bars last night. They went on very easily. They supposedly protect the plastic, and I have seen photos to support these claims, but they don't come up very high on the bike. This is why I bought them, incidently, because so many of the other crash bars are HUGE things that completely cover the bike from top to bottom. Hopefully they will never be tested (yeah, right).

BUT, FYI the Adv Spec bash plate doesn't fit with the Givi Bars! $^%*#@$@#$(%(% Don't believe everything you read on the Interwebs. It was reported by some clown or another to fit with the Givi bars but....again, don't believe everything you read on the interwebs.

So...do I change the bars or the bash plate????...hmmmm....Checking out the options today. I think I will stick with the bars and buy the MotoOverland bash plate...

Look for the AdvSpec plate in flea market soon...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #281
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho
SW-Motech bars when new:

After testing (they work great!):

Yep. Those were my choice. Twice the thickness of some of them at half the price.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #282
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,918
BMW Bars in black

AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #283
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,084
The Holan Pros look great on the bike and go with the lines.

They don't look like moose antlers

Vermont Covered Bridges
Spinalcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #284
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
My old bike was finally picked up last night, so I got into farkling mode with the new F800. Been a while since I rolled around the garage floor with a new bike.

Installed the Givi Crash bars last night. They went on very easily. They supposedly protect the plastic, and I have seen photos to support these claims, but they don't come up very high on the bike. This is why I bought them, incidently, because so many of the other crash bars are HUGE things that completely cover the bike from top to bottom. Hopefully they will never be tested (yeah, right).

BUT, FYI the Adv Spec bash plate doesn't fit with the Givi Bars! $^%*#@$@#$(%(% Don't believe everything you read on the Interwebs. It was reported by some clown or another to fit with the Givi bars but....again, don't believe everything you read on the interwebs.

So...do I change the bars or the bash plate????...hmmmm....Checking out the options today. I think I will stick with the bars and buy the MotoOverland bash plate...

Look for the AdvSpec plate in flea market soon...
Gumbeaux

I put on Givi crash bars and I had a Ricochet bash plate on the bike and the crash bars fit fine.
http://www.happy-trail.com/F650GS%20F800GS%20Twin.aspx

Part # SPL279

LaPorte
Old 05-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #285
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

]
Here is my bike with the Ricochet Bash Plate and Givi Crash Bars. The van in the back ground is what I use to haul my dirt bikes. Yesterday I was able to load my F800 GS into the van. So now I can take my F800 with me to Northern Cal without riding miles of boring freeways.

LaPorte

LaPorte screwed with this post 05-23-2010 at 09:49 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote