Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #181
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Maybe I had a lemon, but I had the Holeshot header and can for my 1200 Bandit back in 1998, and the headers rusted rather bad, but well after the warranty had expired. YMMV, but I was not impressed with the build. They seemed to do the job of being lighter and better flow however, so I will give them that. For the record I did not seek any replacement or compensation as I did not want to go through the hassle of sending back the headers, having to dig out the stock ones, and wait for replacements. The can held up well enough and I have no complaints about it, just the headers.

/rant off
Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #182
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank
Has the holeshot pipe been on this thread yet?

The owner is a former drag racer and AFM racer and now makes parts, etc. He just moved from CA to northern Nev (Yearington).

Planning to meet up with him soon and check out his exhaust for the F800GS:
http://www.holeshot.com/

He said the standard one he sells is 17" long or about the same overall length as stock. Aparently he also has a shorter that I'm going to check out.

Based on an email I got from him the packing lasts 60-70k miles. Nice!

Weights about 1/2 what the stocker does and +2 HP in stock form.

Priced about the same as LV's.... Local and made in USA.

I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts after checking it out. Especially if there is a smaller one.

See if you can get an audio clip if possible
Old 05-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #183
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhizafa
I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts after checking it out. Especially if there is a smaller one.

See if you can get an audio clip if possible
will do. Might be a week or two. Track days this weekend so maybe next weekend after that.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #184
Dutrizoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Also, anyone here have further experience with the MIVV Suono's ?
I had one and was really disappointed by MIVV. Don't get me wrong, the look and the sound are fantastic but the exhaust fell apart in less than 4,000 km. The carbon ripped from under the rivets and the exhaust separated in 2.

And now neither MIVV nor the dealer will honor the warranty.
Dutrizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #185
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutrizoo
I had one and was really disappointed by MIVV. Don't get me wrong, the look and the sound are fantastic but the exhaust fell apart in less than 4,000 km. The carbon ripped from under the rivets and the exhaust separated in 2.

That`s really too bad......... Carbon fiber will loose when battle`ing alloys. It is very hard......and have characteristics like say glass......So when scored, by the alloys.....they give up fast. So with that in mind...... You can produce a good out come.....but need to spend some extra time engineering your system. Than can sometimes be as simple as put a washer on the rivets....before " popping" them...... If the manufacture ignores those issues....their...in this case.....cans will fall apart in a short period. If it is just the rivets that pulled out.... They really should honor it...... If they don`t..... Stay away from them.... That is poor composite quality.... Indicated by that they have no experience with composites. Your can can.... be fixed by a experienced " compositour"....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #186
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
akrapovic question

I'm considering getting the akrapovic for my F8. One reason being, I'd like the exhaust to tuck in better. I've got the wolfman side racks and dry bags and would like a little more room between the exhaust and racks/bags. So, the question is, since the akrapovic is oval does it not stick out as far as the stock exhaust? Any help would be great. Thanks
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #187
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen
I'm considering getting the akrapovic for my F8. One reason being, I'd like the exhaust to tuck in better. I've got the wolfman side racks and dry bags and would like a little more room between the exhaust and racks/bags. So, the question is, since the akrapovic is oval does it not stick out as far as the stock exhaust? Any help would be great. Thanks
Correct - the Akrapo does not stick out as far as the stock exhaust.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #188
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Lounge for the speedy reply.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #189
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen
DISCLAIMER: My choice of exhaust is not better than any others, that's not what I'm saying.

Alright, now that that's out of the way.... I have the Leo Vince Carbon exhaust. It sticks out no further than the Akrapovic. Also, since the pipe is carbon fiber, it doesn't run anywhere near as hot as say aluminum, titanium, or steel. If heat affecting your bags and straps is your concern, go with carbon fiber, there's much less chance of things melting if contact is made. And remember, most aftermarket exhausts are oval, and most of them tuck in better than the huge stock can. That's not necessarily just an Akrapovic thing.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #190
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
DISCLAIMER: My choice of exhaust is not better than any others, that's not what I'm saying.

Alright, now that that's out of the way.... I have the Leo Vince Carbon exhaust. It sticks out no further than the Akrapovic. Also, since the pipe is carbon fiber, it doesn't run anywhere near as hot as say aluminum, titanium, or steel. If heat affecting your bags and straps is your concern, go with carbon fiber, there's much less chance of things melting if contact is made. And remember, most aftermarket exhausts are oval, and most of them tuck in better than the huge stock can. That's not necessarily just an Akrapovic thing.
Alright, now that that's out of the way.... I have the Leo Vince Carbon exhaust. It sticks out no further than the Akrapovic. Also, since the pipe is carbon fiber, it doesn't run anywhere near as hot as say aluminum, titanium, or steel. If heat affecting your bags and straps is your concern, go with carbon fiber, there's much less chance of things melting if contact is made. And remember, most aftermarket exhausts are oval, and most of them tuck in better than the huge stock can. That's not necessarily just an Akrapovic thing.[/quote]

... Made me giggle....
Agree....... Any CF can will transmit by far less heat through the outer skin. This is a good point to bring Grizz. I would like to add to this .....I use Ortlieb QR`s on 2 of my dual sports...... Both have CF pipes.... One have the Leo Vince...the other.... I made my own CF pipe.... They are both mounted under 2 inches from the pipe.... And have not received any heat damage..............

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #191
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutrizoo

Well I went on the hook for a MIVV this past Spring. Have 4000 miles on it and its holding up like new. Love the sound, and for those REALLY wicked days when I want to be "heard", I pull out the baffle AND FLY :)
BMW_BIKER_KEITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #192
LJRAT
LJR Adventure Tours

Oddometer: 60
Thumb Remus/QD header

I had the full Remus and it made great power with a filter. Had issues with skid plate clearances so I changed to a QD header Skid plate fits better and the power is as good with the Remus header.

I have the header full sale if anyone is interested.
LJRAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #193
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the info guys. Griz, I appreciate the disclaimer. We can all agree upon one thing however (I think), we all seem to worship the F8. Anyway, I went for an aluminum LV. The price was right and I think it will meet my needs. We shall see. I'll post a picture or two if I can figure out how to. Thanks again for the input.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #194
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Problem

So I got my LV today and doh! it hits my wolfman racks. Not sure what to do now. Anyone seen or heard of an exhaust that works with Wolfman racks?
Thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #195
Larose.tv
n00b

Oddometer: 2
F800GS exhaust

I actually thing that the Twobrothers exhausts offers the most bang for your buck. They have a deep throaty sound and are super lightweight (I used to have the on my ZX7-R). Their an oval type slip-on so they are less closer to the panniers (so less mud accumulation when doing so major mud. Off-roading. They offer different models: aluminum for 360 CAD/USD, titanium for 100 more as well as carbon fiber in black(for about the same as the titanium ones) go check em out and tell me what you guys think!
Larose.tv is offline   Reply With Quote