Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #196
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larose.tv
I actually thing that the Twobrothers exhausts offers the most bang for your buck. They have a deep throaty sound and are super lightweight (I used to have the on my ZX7-R). Their an oval type slip-on so they are less closer to the panniers (so less mud accumulation when doing so major mud. Off-roading. They offer different models: aluminum for 360 CAD/USD, titanium for 100 more as well as carbon fiber in black(for about the same as the titanium ones) go check em out and tell me what you guys think!
Try this then ... http://www.renazcoracing.com/index.c...&itemid=538853

Leo Vince carbon on special at $363.20!

And I think mine is great, no hesitation in recommending it!
Ducksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #197
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen
So I got my LV today and doh! it hits my wolfman racks. Not sure what to do now. Anyone seen or heard of an exhaust that works with Wolfman racks?
Thanks
Let me guess, it hits on the top of the exhaust, right?... The Leo Vince does not stick 'outward' as far as stock so it would be hard to believe it's hitting the Wolfman rack on the side of the exhaust. It does sit 'higher' than stock though. So, we're not talking about a width thing here, rather a height thing.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #198
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,768
Folks are experience the same 'height' issue with the top of the Leo Vince can making contact with the Happy Trails rack. I'm not, but it is an issue for some.

Most aftermarket exhausts for this bike sit 'higher' when mounted than the stock can. The Wolfman rack is designed around the stock exhaust. Seems it's a problem with the rack not being designed around aftermarket cans. Another inmate (not sure who) had this same issue. He called Wolfman and they made him a new rack that allowed for the aftermarket Leo Vince can. I'd keep the exhaust since it's not the exhaust that is the culprit. The problem is the rack, being it is designed for the stock exhaust.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #199
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Oddometer: 242
There seems to be a bit of variation between frames (not a lot, but we've seen it on a few) as well as the racks themselves. So between the bike frame, the aftermarket rack and - admittedly - an upwardly-biased silencer, sometimes we run into an overhead clearance issue.

LeoVince has been very good about sending out extra hardware to lower the silencer by as much as about 3" (by virtue of the length of the strap material included, which is meant to be cut to needed length by the recipient) any time we get feedback that a customer is having a clearance issue. Whether you bought your exhaust from us or not, simply call or email the store and I'll be happy to help you with whatever you need.

If you'd rather cut out the middle man, feel free to PM MatchTop, who is our LeoVince factory rep - he'd be the guy sending out the extra hardware.

Some customers, upon running into a clearance problem, simply fab up an extender to drop their pipe by about an inch using scrap material they happen to have lying around... and we don't hear about the initial problem. It would be helpful in terms of product development if you handy self-fixing types would drop us a note so we can keep tabs on what's happening in the field

Renazco Racing

Online store: http://www.renazcoracing.com
Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT
Email: store@renazcoracing.com

Renazco Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #200
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... For you guys that has problem with the lv.... Push that can into the mid pipe....... I know.... I know... You have already done that...... Please push harder. The a gle of the Muslims and the tight tubing leaves you with the impression that it's seated.... Wheras it
Ight not be..... Goals a small mallet..... Gently tap it forward.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #201
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek
I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... For you guys that has problem with the lv.... Push that can into the mid pipe....... I know.... I know... You have already done that...... Please push harder. The a gle of the Muslims and the tight tubing leaves you with the impression that it's seated.... Wheras it

Erling
That's some fancy English there, but I think I get the gist of what your saying. I'll check to see if it's seated all the way. Thanks to Scott at Renazco , I believe I'm getting some sort dangle that will change the angle of the can....am I right Scott?
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #202
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek

Erling

I'd have to concur - within reason, of course. Often, the link pipe isn't as "seated" as one might believe.

Disclaimer: self-installation pre-supposes that one has the technical capability to overcome any encountered obstacles during the install. When in doubt, STOP and ask for assistance!

Renazco Racing

Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT

Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #203
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Quote:
That's some fancy English there, but I think I get the gist of what your saying. I'll check to see if it's seated all the way. Thanks to Scott at Renazco , I believe I'm getting some sort dangle that will change the angle of the can....am I right Scott?
Yes, sir. I believe Ryan pulled the bits for you today.

Renazco Racing

Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #204
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Good deal. I look forward to getting it all put back together.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #205
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Hi-hi..... Your right ... Now that I read it again..... If you want to be sure, measure the seating depth of the lv inlet... Mark same distance on the mid pipe...
Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #206
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Does anyone know the contact info of the guy who builds the wolfman racks? I know I've seen him on here but can't seem to find him. Thanks
Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #207
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
His name is Berg Briggs.

http://www.backroadsmoto.com/

berg@brmoto.com
Old 10-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #208
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Does anyone have a rough guess as to how hot the exhaust gets (the can not the header) Its aluminum, by the way. Thanks
Old 10-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #209
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,707
Quote:
Does anyone have a rough guess as to how hot the exhaust gets (the can not the header) Its aluminum, by the way. Thanks
Which exhaust?...

On my Akrapovic slip on I can ride hard for hours and then hop off, take off my glove and put my hand on the tip of the exhaust without burning myself, titanium and carbon tend to reject heat very well
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #210
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,678
I have posted this before, but once more won't hurt.
I needed to lower my can a little to clear my HT racks.
Well over 10,000 miles on this setup and no problems. The aluminum was from an old set of bark busters I had laying around.

johngil is offline   Reply With Quote