ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #121
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,305
Repackable or good for life? How often?
__________________
Ride more, bark less
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #122
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space
 
AngryRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vegas, yeah woo...
Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamikazee
The only italian header pipe i'v seen so far is thE one manufactered by QD exhaust for Twalcom, 1/3rd the price of BMW header pipes, i have it instaled in my bike, but beware, it's not street legal since it has no catalytic converter, it fit's really nice, and you'l be able to fit any exhaust (original or aftermarket) with no problem.
http://www.twalcom.com/php/images/ge...4&FLD=ma_photo
www.twalcom.com
QD-exhaust
Cheers
Thanks Skamikazee. What exhaust canister are you using? I see QD makes one but I'm wondering if it takes care of the back pressure loss due to using the no-cat header.
__________________
--------------------


2013 Super Tenere
AngryRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #123
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!
 
Ducksbane's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Northern NSW
Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0ne
This is our new exhaust



www.rallemoto.com

Looks a bit like a Barrett perhaps?

Do tell more ...
Ducksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #124
mark0ne
Ralle-Moto Adventure
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: central coast NSW
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane
Looks a bit like a Barrett perhaps?

Do tell more ...
Hi Ducksbane,

Yes these pipes are made by Jase Barrett except for the endcap which is our own.

We designed this end cap different to the normal barrett end cap by changing the direction of the exhaust by pointing it in a downwards direction to keep it away from blinkers, plastics and luggage to prevent heat damage.

mark
mark0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #125
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma
 
Spinalcracker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Western MA
Oddometer: 1,079
Do the carbon fiber pipes, Leo Vince , get hot as the stock pips?

Is it real carbon fiber or faux?
__________________
Unless we change direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.
It's county Fair time in New England
TET MA to NC
Vermont Covered Bridges
Spinalcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #126
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!
 
Ducksbane's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Northern NSW
Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0ne
Hi Ducksbane,

We designed this end cap different to the normal barrett end cap by changing the direction of the exhaust by pointing it in a downwards direction to keep it away from blinkers, plastics and luggage to prevent heat damage.

mark
Ducksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #127
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0ne
Hi Ducksbane,

Yes these pipes are made by Jase Barrett except for the endcap which is our own.

We designed this end cap different to the normal barrett end cap by changing the direction of the exhaust by pointing it in a downwards direction to keep it away from blinkers, plastics and luggage to prevent heat damage.

mark
Do they need repacking or are they good for the life of the bike?
__________________
Ride more, bark less
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #128
The Griz
North Forest Rider
 
The Griz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRiderofMA
Do the carbon fiber pipes, Leo Vince , get hot as the stock pips?

Is it real carbon fiber or faux?
I have the Leo Vince Carbon exhaust. Yes, main canister is made completely out of actual carbon fiber. The inlet and endcap are of course aluminum. And the carbon fiber stays a lot cooler than stock. I mean a lot cooler. I can hold my hand on it right after I kill the engine.
__________________
PAUL BUNYAN FOREST RIDERS MC
2013 KTM 300 XC-W
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #129
Anti
Νέος
 
Anti's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Cyclades, Greece
Oddometer: 28
Hello guys!!!!

I would like your valuable knowledge....

What about the Twalcom QD exhaust?

Does it improves the bike's performance, or it makes it worse! As the stock and akrapovic have the baffle matter....(I don't know if I am calling it correct) and I am afraid if with the abovementioned exhaust, the bike does not operate smouthly and at its best!

Please advise as I like the qd/twalcom very mush and I can not see any more the stock one !

Thanks in advance guys!!!!

Here is the link: http://twalcomusa.com/qd-rear-silenc...0gs-p-475.html

Anti screwed with this post 03-18-2010 at 09:41 AM
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #130
mark0ne
Ralle-Moto Adventure
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: central coast NSW
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank
Do they need repacking or are they good for the life of the bike?
They are packed with a high temp muffler packing and are very reliable product, as for lasting the life of the bike i guess that depends on how many hours you put on the bike! We have been testing the pipe in a few bikes for about 12 months with thousands of km's and there is no sign of getting louder or needing the packing replaced as yet.
mark0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #131
skamikazee
Noviço
 
skamikazee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti
Hello guys!!!!

I would like your valuable knowledge....

What about the Twalcom QD exhaust?

Does it improves the bike's performance, or it makes it worse! As the stock and akrapovic have the baffle matter....(I don't know if I am calling it correct) and I am afraid if with the abovementioned exhaust, the bike does not operate smouthly and at its best!

Please advise as I like the qd/twalcom very mush and I can not see any more the stock one !

Thanks in advance guys!!!!

Here is the link: http://twalcomusa.com/qd-rear-silenc...0gs-p-475.html
Ihave the QD exhaust titanium and header pipes..... It's much, MUCH louder for sure, powerwise, it's hard to say without puting it into a dyno, but it feels more powerfull, especialy past the 5K rpm, it feels as if it develops much faster then with stock exhaust, but then again, it might be just all in my head, you get adicted to the sound and i find myself changing gears at higer revs.
And something else i noticed, i feel a more linear power delivery, i used to feel a jump somewhere around 5500Rpm, now it's smoother, although as i mentioned, with the QD i feel more power/faster delivery (more binary).

Overall:
LIGHTER
SMALLER
Feels more fun
Every time i open up throttle(even in low end) i make that stupid childish smile
Cagers not only notice you, but open up for you!
looks great!

Worth it

Cheers!
__________________
F800GS - Nellie the Elephant
skamikazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #132
Anti
Νέος
 
Anti's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Cyclades, Greece
Oddometer: 28
Thanks man!

I like a lot the QD, more than the akrapovic! (and of course don't forget is at the half price and more.... )!

So I will place an order and will see! But the aluminium one....

I was thinking that it may not be worse than the stock! That's for sure (I guess)!

Anti screwed with this post 03-19-2010 at 12:39 AM
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #133
bumbee800
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver Canada
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamikazee
Ihave the QD exhaust titanium and header pipes..... It's much, MUCH louder for sure, powerwise, it's hard to say without puting it into a dyno, but it feels more powerfull, especialy past the 5K rpm, it feels as if it develops much faster then with stock exhaust, but then again, it might be just all in my head, you get adicted to the sound and i find myself changing gears at higer revs.
And something else i noticed, i feel a more linear power delivery, i used to feel a jump somewhere around 5500Rpm, now it's smoother, although as i mentioned, with the QD i feel more power/faster delivery (more binary).

Overall:
LIGHTER
SMALLER
Feels more fun
Every time i open up throttle(even in low end) i make that stupid childish smile
Cagers not only notice you, but open up for you!
looks great!

Worth it

Cheers!
Is your statment re the loudness with or without the DB killer inplace. I ride in club events that require an exhaust to be no louder than 96db while reving in neutral at 5,000rpm and I was wondering if this exhaust would pass this test with the db killer in place.
bumbee800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #134
jessehere
Ridin'
 
jessehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jersey(EXIT 10)
Oddometer: 772
New header w/o Cat

wonder if it fits under BMW bashplate????
http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk...ducts_id=11432
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #135
quint8
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 2
I just ordered a Shorty Beowulf and it is a beautiful exhaust. Sounds absolutely awesome. And for the price you cant beat it. It was $300 delivered to me in Chicago and only took 3 days to get here.
quint8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014