ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #61
sallydog
no more Green KLR
 
sallydog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: exit 98 NJ
Oddometer: 5,360
thanks. i know you guys have nice riding down there. i hope i can do it.
__________________
Its not who dies with the most toys.. Its who wears out the most toys
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.
if you havent grown up by age 50 you dont have to
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #62
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate
 
ORexpat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: West of Seattle . . .
Oddometer: 2,668
Thumb The Beer and the Bean Soup Ain't Bad Either!




Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog
thanks. i know you guys have nice riding down there. i hope i can do it.
__________________
Old . . . and . . . Slow

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #63
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 11,493
I met Sally Dog at DAMN 08........I need to find that picture of him brewing camp coffee in a dirty sock in his Beer Vat!

It was coffee that ate like a meal
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #64
sallydog
no more Green KLR
 
sallydog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: exit 98 NJ
Oddometer: 5,360
DAMN 08
http://sallydog.smugmug.com/gallery/...86383698_3ZjZ5





but we never ran out of coffee.... right...
__________________
Its not who dies with the most toys.. Its who wears out the most toys
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.
if you havent grown up by age 50 you dont have to
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #65
2SBETTER OP
clean up!, aisle stupid!
 
2SBETTER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: New Holland PA
Oddometer: 160
Uh...

Oh... Uh, Wait wait wait, I Uh,...
__________________
"If it ain't fixed, break it"
2SBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #66
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 11,493
Look in the left corner of the easy up pic.......Yep, that is a keg of beer with a co2 bottle. Also note Sally's portable picnic table. It will fold down to parade rest and fit into his camper. This guy IS the party!
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #67
onaXR
Druid
 
onaXR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: WV
Oddometer: 2,087
It gets better every year . I am glad I dont drink coffee.
See ya there Sallydog.
__________________
Klaatu barada nikto
onaXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #68
2SBETTER OP
clean up!, aisle stupid!
 
2SBETTER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: New Holland PA
Oddometer: 160
Yeah,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P
Look in the left corner of the easy up pic.......Yep, that is a keg of beer with a co2 bottle. Also note Sally's portable picnic table. It will fold down to parade rest and fit into his camper. This guy IS the party!
Thanks for pointing that out, I stand errected!
__________________
"If it ain't fixed, break it"
2SBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #69
2SBETTER OP
clean up!, aisle stupid!
 
2SBETTER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: New Holland PA
Oddometer: 160
If anyone is curious...

I was at my Orthopedic surgeons on Tuesday for new X-rays of my leg/ankle. He still does not want me to put any weight on the leg, and best guess on cast removal is another 8 weeks. I hope my driving ability is back in time for this event. I'll keep all of ya posted.
P.S, Hi to all!
__________________
"If it ain't fixed, break it"
2SBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 AM   #70
Skyclad
Original Bastard
 
Skyclad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Moran Nation, confused as a baby in a topless bar
Oddometer: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SBETTER
I was at my Orthopedic surgeons on Tuesday for new X-rays of my leg/ankle. He still does not want me to put any weight on the leg, and best guess on cast removal is another 8 weeks. I hope my driving ability is back in time for this event. I'll keep all of ya posted.
P.S, Hi to all!
Oh, you WILL be there (assuming da wife doesn't hog-tie you and hide ya under the bed). Even if I have to risk tar-and-feathering, I will trailer the bike and drive you myself if you can't drive yet.
__________________
Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.
cancer
Skyclad's Wanderings
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:08 AM   #71
2SBETTER OP
clean up!, aisle stupid!
 
2SBETTER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: New Holland PA
Oddometer: 160
Howdy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
Oh, you WILL be there (assuming da wife doesn't hog-tie you and hide ya under the bed). Even if I have to risk tar-and-feathering, I will trailer the bike and drive you myself if you can't drive yet.
I knew I could count on you! I need to see the crash site and personally thank the home owner who's mailbox and fence I damaged! Also, I need to follow through with this commitment in order to rehab my mind. I can do just about anything now, physically. I just have not tried to drive with the cast, yet. As long as I have rides, I will not jeopardize mine or anyone else's well being by driving. I already made up my mind to stay away from riding motorcycles, but I still have the love. Thanks to all who understand, and those who think I'm a whipped pussy, Eat Me! Just kidding, I'm not nearly as badass as I look... Chow4Now...
__________________
"If it ain't fixed, break it"
2SBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #72
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 11,493
Skyclad

Does that mean that 2sbetter will be in camp guarding the beer??
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #73
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,492
Need some more info...could this perhaps be added to the first post?
Where is this place? I find about 10 hits for Laurel Fork in WV on Google Maps. What are the GPS Coordinates? That's my only chance of finding anything, I've discovered. Is it this one? lat=+38.0740752 lon=-82.0658541

Price? Is it free, meaning nothing is provided, and we bring all our own food and drink?

By when do we have to let you know?

What are the rides like? I only have a V-strom 1000, so if it's all singletrack, I'll probably be holding people up a lot.
I'll be happy to throw on a set of Karoo or TKCs if required, though.
(Hell, I did the light dirt rides at CroMag on a Ducati Supersport...)

What will the weather be like? (Just kidding)
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #74
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu
 
niceviewbehindbars's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: West Point, VA
Oddometer: 1,392
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=17

It's about 10 miles up a dirt road in the middle of the monongahela national forest. I think the cost is $6, but like 5 people can fit in a site so really it cost nothing. We pretty much take over the whole camp and there is usually no one else there besides us ADV'ers. There is a pit toilet and a spring that was dry in the fall but I imagine it's good now. I have drank this water and didn't get sick. You will be fine on your strom, there will be other stroms . It's a good time hope you can come. You wont be holding anyone up, there are usually several different rides that go out Saturday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii
Need some more info...could this perhaps be added to the first post?
Where is this place? I find about 10 hits for Laurel Fork in WV on Google Maps. What are the GPS Coordinates? That's my only chance of finding anything, I've discovered. Is it this one? lat=+38.0740752 lon=-82.0658541

Price? Is it free, meaning nothing is provided, and we bring all our own food and drink?

By when do we have to let you know?

What are the rides like? I only have a V-strom 1000, so if it's all singletrack, I'll probably be holding people up a lot.
I'll be happy to throw on a set of Karoo or TKCs if required, though.
(Hell, I did the light dirt rides at CroMag on a Ducati Supersport...)

What will the weather be like? (Just kidding)
__________________
Graham
06 BMW R1200GS

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #75
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=17

It's about 10 miles up a dirt road in the middle of the monongahela national forest. I think the cost is $6, but like 5 people can fit in a site so really it cost nothing. We pretty much take over the whole camp and there is usually no one else there besides us ADV'ers. There is a pit toilet and a spring that was dry in the fall but I imagine it's good now. I have drank this water and didn't get sick. You will be fine on your strom, there will be other stroms . It's a good time hope you can come. You wont be holding anyone up, there are usually several different rides that go out Saturday.
Got it: 38.740280, -79.693610‎
38 44' 25.01", -79 41' 37.00"

I'll do my best to make it.
Sounds like a great time.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider

Skippii screwed with this post 02-16-2009 at 01:29 PM
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014