ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #1561
KLR_KIRK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick4KLRs

P.S. We are thinking of planning a Salt River tubing expedition...What do ya think?
Sounds Great!!! How do I get the tube around my bike and keep it up right!!

Hi All! Miss seeing everyone!!! Been busy taking care of myself and family. My Bike went back into Kawasaki shop for one week to redo the bad fork seal job they did last month. All is good now (I hope!). They held the bike hostage for one week until they got parts and time to get around to it. I hope to see all at your next meet and greet!!

Happy Trails,
KLR KIRK
KLR_KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #1562
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 512
Trip CXL, Devil's Run

[quote=CrozB]Anyone else planning to attend the Devil’s Run Ride on May 30th? I think B-Mac and his wife are going 2up on their Strom?
Karla and I are planning to attend and will be heading up Friday
The route is all pavement but it is the best set of twisties anywhere in the state (and beyond) by far.

Karen and I are going to bail on this we will be staying up by Flagstaff (see below) To many things at once.
B

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...65#post9904565
“The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.” -Sun Tzu
B-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #1563
Dietrich
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Today's Ride..

How was the group ride today?

I meet AZCPP up in Forest Lakes around 9:00. From there we did the Rim Road & beyond to Sedona. Definately hit some slick mud. It's 5:00 & I just got home & cracked a beer (MMMmmmm.. Tastes GOOOOD!).

Beautiful up there!!!!! Anyone interested in setting up a weekend up there, especially when it get's REAL HOT???

I was thinking of leaving EARLY on Saturday, overnighting in Forest Lakes or Heber, then taking off Sunday later afternoon/evening. That would leave us with a solid day & 1/2 We could even trailer it up there.

Time to go outside & spray all the mud off the bike.

Dietrich
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #1564
Blue Streak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith
great to meet all of you for the first time this morning, thanks for making me feel welcome! hope to do some trails with you guys soon!

here's my bike info:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9901680

FINALLY!!!!!! Another rider with a DR-Z!
Maybe someday I'll talk you into letting me get on it to see how well those mods work. I've been procrastinating. I'm sure once I feel the difference, I'll tear apart my bike and do it.

Now all I need to do is get weekends off.
What part of the valley do you live? Do you ride week days?

Welcome!
Cheers,
Darin
Old 05-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #1565
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB
Anyone else planning to attend the Devil’s Run Ride on May 30th? I think B-Mac and his wife are going 2up on their Strom?
Karla and I are planning to attend and will be heading up Friday
The route is all pavement but it is the best set of twisties anywhere in the state (and beyond) by far.

The registrations is FREE. The organizers got some pretty good specials on Rooms, a Coffee shop and a Café on the route (even a discount on gas ) plus they are doing some prizes as well.

You can get all the information HERE.

-D
Hey Croz and Kural

If I get my front forks done some time this week, I might be up for this too. For some reason I thought it was this weekend. (DUHHH!!!)
I'm not too sure about going up Friday though. Let's get together and maybe get some kind of meet-up point for Sat. AM.
PM Me.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #1566
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
Thanks to all the riders who showed up at today's meet and greet. We had 3 new riders. Welcome JymX, TheKSmith and Pyret. Also it was nice to meet one of America's finest military men; Brain and 2Pokey4U's son Matt . A nice group of 15+ showed. Subjects included the Grand Canyon ride in June and hotel info for the ride weekend (I will post that later).

After, Makakoa and I spent a few duckets at Cycle Gear we headed off on the bikes to Horseshoe Dam. Had a great time.

After we got back from riding, we went and met Mrs. CrozB (Big G's Mommy) at the shop to get a family heirloom framed.

Thanks Makakoa for a nice day...

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #1567
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
Grand Canyon Ride June 13-14

GRAND CANYON RIDE JUNE 13 - HOTEL INFORMATION

Call and reserve your room:
Days Inn - West Route 66
1000 W. Hwy 66/I-40
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Reservations: 928-774-5221

Each rider or couple will have to book their own room. I suggest even if you aren't sure about going on the ride to book the room and cancel the reservation instead of the hotel filling up and trying to get a room at the last minute. If you have AAA, ask them for the special rate (around $59 per night). Better yet, go online and reserve the room and get 15% off www.daysinn.com

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #1568
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709

Whoa!!! Stylin' and Profilin'!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #1569
theksmith
complete n00b

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak
FINALLY!!!!!! Another rider with a DR-Z!
Maybe someday I'll talk you into letting me get on it to see how well those mods work. I've been procrastinating. I'm sure once I feel the difference, I'll tear apart my bike and do it.

Now all I need to do is get weekends off.
What part of the valley do you live? Do you ride week days?

Welcome!
Cheers,
Darin
i live near 52nd street and the 202, and like to go up the 87 to get out of town easily, or out on the 60 towards florence junction area sometimes. my girlfriend is up north on the 51 and bell road, so sometimes i'll go up to prescott, sedona, jerome, flag, etc. too.

i work from home, so i can take some weekdays off occasionally, but ussually will be riding weekends.

i know nothing about riding in dirt on 2 wheels, so eager to do a some small learning rides first!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #1570
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyAZ
Hey Croz and Kural

If I get my front forks done some time this week, I might be up for this too. For some reason I thought it was this weekend. (DUHHH!!!)
I'm not too sure about going up Friday though. Let's get together and maybe get some kind of meet-up point for Sat. AM.
PM Me.
Sonny,

It would be great if you could make this run. Looks like we are now short a V-Strorm ;) The deal with Saturday is we are planning on departing around 8:30-9:00am from Springerville. It is about 4hr ride to Springerville from the valley, especially if you take the scenic route through Payson. This is why we are wanting to head up Friday. IMHO, I think you will enjoy the run a lot more if you start from up there, even if you arrive in the PM on Friday. We can keep a beer on ice for you Friday night :)

-D
Old 05-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #1571
Pyret64
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 207
So thats what the back of my head looks like.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick4KLRs
Thanks to all the riders who showed up at today's meet and greet. We had 3 new riders. Welcome JymX, TheKSmith and Pyret. Also it was nice to meet one of America's finest military men; Brain and 2Pokey4U's son Matt . A nice group of 15+ showed. Subjects included the Grand Canyon ride in June and hotel info for the ride weekend (I will post that later).

After, Makakoa and I spent a few duckets at Cycle Gear we headed off on the bikes to Horseshoe Dam. Had a great time.

After we got back from riding, we went and met Mrs. CrozB (Big G's Mommy) at the shop to get a family heirloom framed.

Thanks Makakoa for a nice day...

Thats what the back of my head looks like eh?
Pyret64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #1572
gymx
vrooooom

Oddometer: 10
Good to meet all of you Sunday

Hey I was one of the noobs at Sunday's meeting. I hesitate to mention it because it may affect how you view me, but I came with Tom, aka bikecrisis. I don't have a picture yet but I just got my first off-road/dual sport, a 2005 KLR 650. Can't wait to learn about riding on the dirt and finding out what's down all those roads I can't take on my 650 Ninja on my way to Canyon Lake.

Hope to see you on the road soon.
Jim
gymx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #1573
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymx
Hey I was one of the noobs at Sunday's meeting. I hesitate to mention it because it may affect how you view me, but I came with Tom, aka bikecrisis. I don't have a picture yet but I just got my first off-road/dual sport, a 2005 KLR 650. Can't wait to learn about riding on the dirt and finding out what's down all those roads I can't take on my 650 Ninja on my way to Canyon Lake.

Jim
??

One of the functions of this club is to assist those persons who want to enter this sport in gaining skills and knowledge to practice this sport in a safe manner. We have riders of all skill levels and those who are more experienced are more than willing to assist those with lessor skills in improving their skills. Prior to March 2008 I had never ridden a Dual Sport Motorcycle, and the only off road experience I had was on 3 wheels and 4x4. So don't worry about being a noob as there was always that first day for everyone.

(Co-founder: Southwest Dual Sport Riders)

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

Ride it like you stole it!!

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown, is the belief that one's work is terribly important!" - Bertrand Russell

Old Punks never die, we just change the color of our Mohawks.
Makakoa85032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #1574
ta2rob
2 longs, 1 short, 1 long.

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB
Sonny,

It would be great if you could make this run. Looks like we are now short a V-Strorm ;) The deal with Saturday is we are planning on departing around 8:30-9:00am from Springerville. It is about 4hr ride to Springerville from the valley, especially if you take the scenic route through Payson. This is why we are wanting to head up Friday. IMHO, I think you will enjoy the run a lot more if you start from up there, even if you arrive in the PM on Friday. We can keep a beer on ice for you Friday night :)

-D
+1

Registered for this one to try and win one of the prizes.

Booking a room for Friday & Saturday nights now.

The only thing that'll get in the way now is if I get called back to work.

Hopefully the rain showers will stop up there.

- R
ta2rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #1575
ta2rob
2 longs, 1 short, 1 long.

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymx

Jim
Sure you can ... my SV650 did that dirt to the dam. Cochran Rd. off Florence Kelvin Hwy., too. Maybe that contributed to the saddlebag mounts breaking?!

- R
ta2rob is offline   Reply With Quote