ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #7441
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
This was just to refresh my memory as to why I should NOT do these things.
That's good if it only cost u a tail light to refresh it...
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #7442
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
This was just to refresh my memory as to why I should NOT do these things.
I call that smart thinking.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #7443
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD
 
BELSTAFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona--Land of the free and heavly armed
Oddometer: 1,071
Update

For those wondering about Big-E.

Well he 's got to go back in & have a rod placed in the tibia

So he's going to need some more prayers & well wishes as he starts all over this Fri

Lets all do our part to keep Mongo cheered up & in good spirits as I can't envision 325# of pissed off can be much fun.

Best of luck Eric,

Prayers on the way & if you need anything, let us know, we're to help if needed.

THE CREW OF SWDR
__________________
"WIND CALLS THE HEART,ADVENTURE BEGINS"

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #7444
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
For those wondering about Big-E.

Well he 's got to go back in & have a rod placed in the tibia

So he's going to need some more prayers & well wishes as he starts all over this Fri

Lets all do our part to keep Mongo cheered up & in good spirits as I can't envision 325# of pissed off can be much fun.

Best of luck Eric,

Prayers on the way & if you need anything, let us know, we're to help if needed.

THE CREW OF SWDR
Damn. Why is this happening now? Best wishes Eric.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #7445
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,538
Anyone going out to Canyon Raceway this Sunday for the motocross races?

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #7446
DOD
idiot dirt rider
 
DOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,194
I talked to Mongo last night. The orthopod missed a tibia fracture in the original repair so they are going to fix it with a rod on friday. He is in good spirits.

Heal fast Eric. There is riding to be done.



-dod
__________________
This is my only chance to assemble a disreputable past
DOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #7447
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E
 
BIG-E's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
For those wondering about Big-E.

Lets all do our part to keep Mongo cheered up & in good spirits as I can't envision 325# of pissed off can be much fun.

THE CREW OF SWDR
Hey, hey, HEY..... Mister! I am only 295 without my gear on!

I wore my Bacon shirt that you gave me in Death Valley Jeff, and all those little Chinese people thought I WAS the MAN!! Thank you again for the shirt Jeff! I expect that you are all healed up from the Pork Fest get-off? If you ever need me to throw your bike on the ground and knock some of that new off of it, just let me know! I will be your Huckelberry!!

Going back in for some more aftermarket parts tomorrow. I better be faster, stronger, funnyier when I return. What would you expect for 6 million dollars??

Thank you all for all your Prayers and well wishes! Big Mongo Hugs to you all!
__________________


"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #7448
ybracing
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 605
Eric, Eric, Eric,
Your body is not like the bike. You can't just farkle it because you like the way it looks! That being said, I would ask for titanium not stainless because it is lighter. Every ounce counts when you want to go fast.
Cut heal, cut heal, cut heal. It's a vicious cycle.
Cut successfully so you can heal permanently.
God Speed Mongo!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
Hey, hey, HEY..... Mister! I am only 295 without my gear on!

I wore my Bacon shirt that you gave me in Death Valley Jeff, and all those little Chinese people thought I WAS the MAN!! Thank you again for the shirt Jeff! I expect that you are all healed up from the Pork Fest get-off? If you ever need me to throw your bike on the ground and knock some of that new off of it, just let me know! I will be your Huckelberry!!

Going back in for some more aftermarket parts tomorrow. I better be faster, stronger, funnyier when I return. What would you expect for 6 million dollars??

Thank you all for all your Prayers and well wishes! Big Mongo Hugs to you all!
ybracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #7449
AZ4us
AZ Explorer
 
AZ4us's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 259
Get well Soon Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
Hey, hey, HEY..... Mister! I am only 295 without my gear on!

I wore my Bacon shirt that you gave me in Death Valley Jeff, and all those little Chinese people thought I WAS the MAN!! Thank you again for the shirt Jeff! I expect that you are all healed up from the Pork Fest get-off? If you ever need me to throw your bike on the ground and knock some of that new off of it, just let me know! I will be your Huckelberry!!

Going back in for some more aftermarket parts tomorrow. I better be faster, stronger, funnyier when I return. What would you expect for 6 million dollars??

Thank you all for all your Prayers and well wishes! Big Mongo Hugs to you all!
AZ4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #7450
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD
 
BELSTAFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona--Land of the free and heavly armed
Oddometer: 1,071
Meeting

This weekend is the bi-weekly meeting of SWDR at the usual place---Dunkin Donuts 8:am s/w corner Tatum & Bell
Schedule for the next meetings will be:
March 11
March 25
April 8
April 22
__________________
"WIND CALLS THE HEART,ADVENTURE BEGINS"

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #7451
azshtr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
This weekend is the bi-weekly meeting of SWDR at the usual place---Dunkin Donuts 8:am s/w corner Tatum & Bell
Schedule for the next meetings will be:
March 11
March 25
April 8
April 22
Thanks for all you do... just so a good dead doesn't go un-noticed
__________________
Azshtr
Fighting to keep our lands open.
azshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #7452
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshtr View Post
I'm thinking a Sheep's Bridge / Horseshoe lake excursion coming on this weekend. I've never done it but it looks about as straight forward as it gets route wise. I'm on a second maiden voyage of a new to me DRZ... anyone else want to go?
Maybe, what day are you riding it? I am already going on a ride Sunday. It's a cool ride.............I just want to ride. But then again, I need to do some things to the Tiger as well. I want to ride that one too. I need more days off then 2.
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #7453
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller
 
SonnyAZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: AZ from ID
Oddometer: 709
My DR650 is for sale...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772339
__________________
'10 Ural Taiga
SonnyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #7454
BStanley346
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Cave Creek
Oddometer: 7
Hey guys, I am new(ish) to the area and my klr650 should be here in a week or so. I have spent a decent amount of time out in Tonto in my Jeep but am really looking forward to heading in on two wheels. Does anyone have recommendations on trails/routes? Are there any meet-ups going on toward the end of the month?
BStanley346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #7455
azshtr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStanley346 View Post
Hey guys, I am new(ish) to the area and my klr650 should be here in a week or so. I have spent a decent amount of time out in Tonto in my Jeep but am really looking forward to heading in on two wheels. Does anyone have recommendations on trails/routes? Are there any meet-ups going on toward the end of the month?
Welcome to the area and group. What part of town? What kind of riding?

There is an informal get together every other Sunday at Dunkin Donuts at Tatum and Bell 8am. There is also an East valley group, look for that thread, I'm not sure when they meet.

Avoid any ride put on by Nightstalker unless you have a death wish His web site does have great gps and route info however. His web site is nsrides.com
__________________
Azshtr
Fighting to keep our lands open.
azshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014