ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #61
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
just slap some noobies ... & you're set to go
That's not nice, noobs are people too.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #62
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
Sorry to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak
Hey guys.

I wanted to join you this morning, but woke up sick. I missed out once again.

Happy Holidays
Darin.
Sorry to hear your sick "D". Hope to see you next time. Take care of yourself...L

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #63
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuk
I have a piece of diamond plate 1/4" Aluminum in my garage that is big enough to fabricate a real skid plate for you.

Muk
That's probably about right! I might just fabricate my next one out of steel though. 3x the weight of aluminum, but also 3x the strength, so... And I'd like to make one that fits tighter to the bottom of the bike so I don't lose so much ground clearance.
2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro Erzberg Edition
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #64
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

The saga continued...

Quote:
after meeting all riders ( nice to see all again) and being late ~ 9:15 hang out for while zipping on a cappuccino , i asked Robin & Lauri to join me for a quick ride up by Bartlett lake area ,Lauri bailed out for biz. obligations before we get to the lake we turned left to take Horseshoe lake it's an easy off-rd to get there .
Robin will be fine Eddy. No worries. Its only a few ribs and the bike?...well it will be fine too as soon as Robin orders a new tank, fender, radiator protector, handlebars and a few other misc. parts. Other than that, he said he had a great time. A little hard trying to watch TV this morning over his groaning, but I just turned up the TV louder. That did the trick!

Robin, youre fine. Consider it experience!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #65
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Oddometer: 601
Crash Damage

Pictures of the damage to my bike have been posted to Southwest Dual Sport Riders group.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...alsportriders/
Makakoa85032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #66
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,751
Lauri ,crashes are parts of learning experiences as long as we can get up and roll again Robin is a tough man considering the pain in his elbow he did lift z bike by himself rode z bike home with no problem and still have sense of humor ,i didn't know Robin was going to execute z back flip 360* . he actually did good but he landed on a mud spot way to z right . Z side of these trails are still muddy from last week rain . Robin i wish u fast recovery and no more big air jumps for u i'll post some pics. soon , Lauri keep z TV loud i like that ...
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #67
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Quote:
Lauri ,crashes are parts of learning experiences as long as we can get up and roll again Robin is a tough man considering the pain in his elbow he did lift z bike by himself rode z bike home with no problem and still have sense of humor ,i didn't know Robin was going to execute z back flip 360* . he actually did good but he landed on a mud spot way to z right . Z side of these trails are still muddy from last week rain . Robin i wish u fast recovery and no more big air jumps for u i'll post some pics. soon , Lauri keep z TV loud i like that ...
Mahalo Eddy, I actually wanted to ride Lauri's bike to work today but she would not let me, thinking that I would wreck hers too . I hate Cages!!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #68
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakoa85032
Mahalo Eddy, I actually wanted to ride Lauri's bike to work today but she would not let me, thinking that I would wreck hers too . I hate Cages!!
u can borrow mine if u want but no jumps it will buck u off . my business ideal is you break it u buy it
Old 12-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #69
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog
That's not nice, noobs are people too.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #70
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Quote:
u can borrow mine if u want but no jumps it will buck u off . my business ideal is you break it u buy it
Mahalo Brudda, but how do you expect me to get better at jumping if I can't practice .
Old 12-02-2008, 07:23 AM   #71
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Back in the saddle again

Well, I got the bike back into riding condition however I will need a new set of handlebars as these are slightly (very slightly) bent to the right. I found that the triple clamp had became loose and was most likely the reason I ate it. Once I loosened up the upper fork mounts and brought the triple clamp back into alignment with the lower fork mount the whole steering head came back into track. A couple of zip ties and a "Band-Aid" fixed the plastic that got ripped off as the bike slide across the road. For now the bike is rideable for street use and once I get new bars it will be ready for the proposed ride in two weeks. Thinking back on the incident I was very lucky that the dirt berm that the bike slid into was soft from the recent rains and the tire just dug into it, if it had not been for the soft dirt in the berm the bike most likely would have gone over the side and ended up 25' down into a raven and would have been totalled. But for now Im good and back to and
Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #72
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Proposed upcoming ride

As I mentioned in my last post there is a ride in the works. Eddy has proposed that in a couple of weeks we finish the Nov 23rd ride by riding from Mayer to Jerome, which was the second part of the ride on the 23rd that we could not do because of time and remaining daylight. So once Eddy and I get together and solidify the ride route and date I will let everyone know! Also for those of you who are interested and have not already done so please signup and join the SWDSR's group on Yahoo Groups just search Yahoo Groups for southwestdualsportriders as aside from a more club oriented forum I can send bulk e-mails regarding upcoming events

Mahalo
Old 12-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #73
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makakoa85032

MEN!

Old 12-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #74
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

ride soon

A new suggested ride will be posted this evening , so keep your bikes ready .
Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #75
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

new ride Sun. 14th

Quote:
A new suggested ride will be posted this evening , so keep your bikes ready .
HI All ,
A new DS ride will be takin' place on Sunday dec. 14th
Meetin' place & time : 7:30am -- Waffle house i-17& Bell rd
ride Descriptions :
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...7,0.09716&z=13http:// there

Some S.S. are subject to mod. it's all dependin' on weather and roads conditions , level of diff. : easy to intermeidate .
NOTE: We strongly recommend that our fellow Adv riders will be well equipped w-extra tools , minor or light weight spare parts (examp: front & rear inner tubes , tapes , extra levers bolts/nuts walky/talky etc...) & last but not least u know it be always AGATT ... Ater all we do not dress to impress we dress for z crash .
I hope to see all at z meeting point & brace yourself for a nice long ride . ( of course we're always under z mercy of mother nature ) .
Peace ...