ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #751
Kural
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Well, I know I had a great time! What a perfect day for riding!

Very nice to meet you all, and see some familiar faces, too. Sorry to hear about Guy's troubles... I will second the statement that this group will iron out the hickups- hey, it's the first ride we've done together, we'll get a system in place, no worries.

Looking forward to more adventures!

-Karla

"I'm starting to enjoy the simple things in life. And it's freaking me out!" -Crozb

Life shrinks or expands according to your courage

"Just send it to me in HTML, and I will render it as I see fit." -Codewheeny
Kural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #752
KLR_KIRK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyaz
Hey Kirk

Think you can recreate that ride. It looks and sounds like a good one
I will ride Auga Caliente Road again....it was a cool ride....Plenty of run around room in the desert for you too Eddy!! Lots of room just off the road the whole trip for getting crazy in the desert and nice sand washes just 20 ft. away from the road for you to play in....Wooo Hooo. It is a little drive there (Couple of miles south of Desert Rose Bar in Arlington, AZ.), but the road is fun and was not busy on sunday morning. I did not see one car, truck or bike along the 39 miles of road. Not this weekend, but maybe on the 22nd of March. We will see.

KLR_KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #753
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR_KIRK
I will ride Auga Caliente Road again....it was a cool ride....Plenty of run around room in the desert for you too Eddy!! Lots of room just off the road the whole trip for getting crazy in the desert and nice sand washes just 20 ft. away from the road for you to play in....Wooo Hooo. It is a little drive there (Couple of miles south of Desert Rose Bar in Arlington, AZ.), but the road is fun and was not busy on sunday morning. I did not see one car, truck or bike along the 39 miles of road. Not this weekend, but maybe on the 22nd of March. We will see.

Unless I get screwed up like I did last Sunday......... I'm there dude!!

SonnyAZ screwed with this post 03-10-2009 at 11:19 PM
SonnyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #754
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Oddometer: 601
AZ Trails Book

Kuulei just picked up the AZ Trials Northeast book this last weekend and I finally had some time to look at it and WOW does it have some great looking rides listed in it! Most of the rides would be of the less technical in nature, but great scenery, and definitely all day rides. We all know what the saying is around here, "During the Winter ride the Lowlands, during the Summer hit the Highlands". I think we can plan some great rides for this upcoming Summer season.

(Co-founder: Southwest Dual Sport Riders)

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

Ride it like you stole it!!

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown, is the belief that one's work is terribly important!" - Bertrand Russell

Old Punks never die, we just change the color of our Mohawks.
Makakoa85032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #755
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakoa85032
Kuulei just picked up the AZ Trials Northeast book this last weekend and I finally had some time to look at it and WOW does it have some great looking rides listed in it! Most of the rides would be of the less technical in nature, but great scenery, and definitely all day rides. We all know what the saying is around here, "During the Winter ride the Lowlands, during the Summer hit the Highlands". I think we can plan some great rides for this upcoming Summer season.
Bring it on bro.
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #756
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
I am Planning to Ride Dirt to Prescott Saturday

Karla is working all weekend but I was planning to get some more riding in before our out of town guess come in. To that end I will being riding from Carefree to Prescott via an all dirt route. The course I am planning is Cave Creek to 7 Springs to Crown King Rd to Senator Highway. Reports are that all of the snow has melted and that it is pretty dry in most areas. If anyone is interested in joining me for this ride that would be great. I am planning to stop at the Mill for Lunch in Crown King and probably drinks and/or food in Prescott.

This route is great for an all day ride or there are lots of options for bailing if you are interested in only a day ride.
Depending on others interest I am planning to start at the Starbucks or Paradise Bakery at 101 and Frank Lloyd Wright.

I will create a thread on the main forum with a map and times in a bit.

-D
Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #757
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,503
I'm a So Cal resident...was out in yer neighborhood for a businees meeting and went up to Sedona with my wife to take in the beauty of that stunning place.

Did not have time to ride this trip but would love to in the future..If you ever have good DS ride through the red dirt please PM me. I would love to ride with people that know the area.

Such a cool spot...Thanks.

If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #758
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,962
You can get some pretty cool places in Sedona with two wheels and a motor, but you can get to even better places if you're willing to pedal.
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #759
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs
I'm a So Cal resident...was out in yer neighborhood for a businees meeting and went up to Sedona with my wife to take in the beauty of that stunning place. ...
I love ridinig in that area

As for peddling *pfft*

-D
Old 03-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #760
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick
You can get some pretty cool places in Sedona with two wheels and a motor, but you can get to even better places if you're willing to pedal.

....Or two feet too. Its a pretty amazing place. However, AZ itself has some awesome trail riding. Let us know when your coming by next time. This group is the best and most caring group to ride with in the Southwest.

CROZ.B - Nice pic

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #761
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick

It was obvious that on foot and piloting a Mountian bike is the Politically Correct way to travel.

There was a good number of private 4wd vehicles in the valley combined with the pink jeep and other tour groups that were everywhere, this tells me there are some good navigable trails for DS bikes.

However I did not see a single bike- moto that is. Did see two GS coming out of Jerome.
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #762
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB
I love ridinig in that area

As for peddling *pfft*

-D
Stunning. One of my favorites places in the Sothwest... Stunning.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #763
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,962
There are definitely a few trails in that area accessible by dual sports (mostly Jeep trails, no singletrack that I know of). I'm not sure if there's anything in the area that's legal to ride on a full-on dirtbike, unfortunately. I'd definitely like to go back on a dual sport bike and poke around more. I have mountain biked there quite a bit, hiked some and Jeeped some.
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #764
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Senator Hwy Ride on Saturday

Here is the link to the thread I started for the Ride I am doing Staurday.

I know it is late notice but I hope some can join me. As most of you know it is Big Bike Freindly and can even be done 2up:

Of course if you are looking for a more technical ride *looks at Eddie* you can always ride the back route from Lake Pleasant to Crown King:

-D
Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #765
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Oddometer: 601
The New SDSR Chase Vehicle

The New SDSR Chase Vehicle
Attached Images

(Co-founder: Southwest Dual Sport Riders)

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

Ride it like you stole it!!

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown, is the belief that one's work is terribly important!" - Bertrand Russell

Old Punks never die, we just change the color of our Mohawks.
Makakoa85032 is offline   Reply With Quote