ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #886
fuzzydude2
CMA'er

Oddometer: 206
Bike week DS ride

I am planning on leaving the Phoenix area about 6am taking my time getting up I17, I was going to trailer to Mayer, but decided to spend the day seeing how well my new Ranazco works I thought there was going to be others going but now not sure, and I already did the pre-registration so rain or shine I am going. I have been trying to round up a roll chart holder for the ride wished I started that search sooner but anyway I figure I will be up there early enough to make the 7:30am rider meeting and hope to follow someone with GPS or a roll chart .
If anyone wants to go with me, I will be at the Waffel House @ I17 & Bell at 6am leaving by 6:15.
I wonder what the "z" route Eddy keeps talking about is like

06' Triumph Sprint / 00' Goldwing
01' Moto Guzzi California Special
98' KTM 620 RXC / 05' KTM 525 EXC
fuzzydude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #887
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,671
FuzzyDude2 , there z1 z2 all z way to Z28 (not Camaro ) , come join us on Sunday and you'll see . it's o.k. ride but it has some level of difficulties in some section , Like for example Cherry rd to Camp Verde has a lot of what we call it fork busters dips small washes & rocky in some section .

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 03-27-2009 at 02:02 PM
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #888
Bronco Driver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Fuzzydude-Going up I17,Get off at the Bumble Bee exit to FR259 turn right (Follow signs to Mayer.) FR259 becomes a slab entering Mayer.stay left,becomes Main St. in Mayer.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 AM   #889
ShinySideUpAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Joining AZ Bike Week DS Ride.

I decided to pay the $55 and do the Bike Week ride. Hopefully I will get the GPS track today.
STOC#6086 SWR#177
'05 ST1300 '01 BMW F650GS ABS

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein, 1931
ShinySideUpAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #890
ta2rob
2 longs, 1 short, 1 long.

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietrich
Anyone is more than welcome to ride on Saturday with us. I'm also planning on meeting the club on Sunday for a ride. This is my weekend free from the Nugget! Give me a call before Saturday 9:00am if anyone is gonna make it. It will be a pretty casual ride if you want. You can do whatever speed feels best for you. I don't mind waiting, nor wil anyone else. Besides, I still have my training wheels on & I can't go over 6K rpms.

My street riding is long gone since I've moved here. I still take a trip or 2 to CO every summer when possible w/ the R1. Now it will be a tough choice on which bike to ride!!!!!!!

DRZEDDY: Thanks a lot for the pointers.

** I am also taking Monday off if there are any takers on a ride!!!

Dietrich
I've got stuff to do on Saturday, but Monday is WIDE OPEN! What do you have in mind?

- Rob
ta2rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #891
ta2rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
Me & Nuclieye are going for a ride on Sunday most likely are going for this one
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.669479&z=11http:// here

It's goin' to be a fast pace ride and possibly might alter z route once we get to Cherry rd.
Notice : it might get a little technical on NF261 & Cherry rd to C. Verde.
Eddy,

Are you going to tackle this ride after the Starbucks meet 'n greet? I might actually be able to make it to the Starbucks (only went one other time due to other obligations). I'd be up for a ride afterwards, but must warn you of my s-l-o-w and poor D/S skills.

- Rob
Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #892
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker
Come on up and do the dual sport ride. There are 3 levels, A, B, and C. The C route is the Adventure ride, it's geared for big heavy GS bikes. Yardstick could do it 2 up on his Strom. The B ride is the C ride plus some harder dualsport sections. The A ride is the B ride with some HERO loops thrown in. My normal rides would be rated A+ on this scale. 95% of the C ride is just like Castle Hot Springs Rd. No 7 mile sand wash like last year (at least, not on the C ride).

I'll be sweeping the C route (unless I'm needed to do something other than that). Helping anyone that might be stuck, need a hand, or have a mechanical problem.

It's a super fun ride and the C route into Jerome is SPECTACULAR!!
+1

Thanks for all the work you put in to finding good route options for people. I just signed up for this ride and am looking forward to seeing everyone for this ride and great cause!

-D
Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #893
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2rob
Eddy,

Are you going to tackle this ride after the Starbucks meet 'n greet? I might actually be able to make it to the Starbucks (only went one other time due to other obligations). I'd be up for a ride afterwards, but must warn you of my s-l-o-w and poor D/S skills.

- Rob
Hey Rob ,
We might actually takes off earlier , if u want we can meet u at Waffle house (I-17 & Bell) at 8:00am and/or for all others who want to join in for this ride .
What kind & size bike u r ridin' Rob ??
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #894
fuzzydude2
CMA'er

Oddometer: 206
aprox. travel time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Driver
Fuzzydude-Going up I17,Get off at the Bumble Bee exit to FR259 turn right (Follow signs to Mayer.) FR259 becomes a slab entering Mayer.stay left,becomes Main St. in Mayer.
How much time will this add to the trip? Shows on Google 1 hour by freeway and 2hr 17 min this route is that true? If so might take the paved way up and come back this way? any thoughts anyone?

06' Triumph Sprint / 00' Goldwing
01' Moto Guzzi California Special
98' KTM 620 RXC / 05' KTM 525 EXC
fuzzydude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #895
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietrich
Didn't know there was another ride on Saturday!! Will talk with the people on Friday what's the game plan!

I'm always into the BBD (Bigger Better Deal)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dietrich
So the game plan is?
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #896
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker
Come on up and do the dual sport ride. There are 3 levels, A, B, and C. The C route is the Adventure ride, it's geared for big heavy GS bikes. Yardstick could do it 2 up on his Strom. The B ride is the C ride plus some harder dualsport sections. The A ride is the B ride with some HERO loops thrown in. My normal rides would be rated A+ on this scale. 95% of the C ride is just like Castle Hot Springs Rd. No 7 mile sand wash like last year (at least, not on the C ride).

I'll be sweeping the C route (unless I'm needed to do something other than that). Helping anyone that might be stuck, need a hand, or have a mechanical problem.

It's a super fun ride and the C route into Jerome is SPECTACULAR!!
Thanks Nightstalker .

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #897
Dietrich
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney
So the game plan is?

CONFIRMED: Gonna Meet @ the Super Pumper @ 9:00am Saturday. It's 1 light East of the 101 on Shea (92nd Street & Shea).

We're gonna do 4 Peaks. I think we're gonna do it backwards... Tortilla Flats around to 4 Peaks. If it's easier for you to meet in Mesa, we'll be com'n down the b-line.

Give me a call if you want to meet some where on the 202 in Mesa, or we'll see you there @ 9!

Dietrich
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #898
CrozB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydude2
I am planning on leaving the Phoenix area about 6am taking my time getting up I17, I was going to trailer to Mayer, but decided to spend the day seeing how well my new Ranazco works I thought there was going to be others going but now not sure, and I already did the pre-registration so rain or shine I am going. I have been trying to round up a roll chart holder for the ride wished I started that search sooner but anyway I figure I will be up there early enough to make the 7:30am rider meeting and hope to follow someone with GPS or a roll chart .
If anyone wants to go with me, I will be at the Waffel House @ I17 & Bell at 6am leaving by 6:15.
I wonder what the "z" route Eddy keeps talking about is like

I will be at the Cheveron/Waffle house between 6am and 6:15. Hope to catch ya there for the ride up I-17 to Mayer.

-D
Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #899
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709
I'm out for any rides this weekend. I gotta fix some wind damage tomorrow, and maybe Sunday. I'll see every one at coffee Sun. AM though.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #900
ta2rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
Hey Rob ,
We might actually takes off earlier , if u want we can meet u at Waffle house (I-17 & Bell) at 8:00am and/or for all others who want to join in for this ride .
What kind & size bike u r ridin' Rob ??
A frankensteined' XR650L.

And count me OUT for Sunday's ride. I was 'reminded' of another obligation I have to attend at noon in the east valley.

I might make the coffee meet in the AM, though.

Thanks anyway.

- R