ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #9016
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath View Post
It's frustrating. I have to pick up a couple of silver foxes in a while, which I'll be bringing down to Southwest Wildlife in the morning. After that, I'm going for a long enough ride to decide that I can either button up the bike, or tear it apart and fix the found-again leak.

S.C.
Wish I could join. Im toast for the day. Also dont have a hauler for the ktm.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #9017
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,715
I think I got the leak. The starter cover's lower bolt (of the three) was about 3/4 of a turn loose. It also looked like it was the source. Time for a test run this afternoon.

S.C.
scottcolbath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #9018
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath View Post
I think I got the leak. The starter cover's lower bolt (of the three) was about 3/4 of a turn loose. It also looked like it was the source. Time for a test run this afternoon.

S.C.
Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #9019
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
A good weekend to ride. Was off on a Bradshaw"s Gravesite excursion on Friday. As reported on my "Backyard Trek's..." in Day Trippin... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889018
Only a short ride on Saturday as my buddy's bike broke down about 17 miles from a paved road, so it took me most of the afternoon retrieving him with my Jeep.
Then out West again on Sunday... for a 94 mile loop. These photo's came from Sundays ride.

Hangin'n out in the Cattle Alley...

Came across this patch of Li'l Tumbleweeds... Taller than the bike... Will make some BIG rollers in the Spring.

Kept this Coyote company for about 1/2 mile before he got tired of playing...

A bit over 200 miles for three days... enough for me as I do not have AZTom's iron butt. However I was standing mostly!
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #9020
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
good on ya for keeping the coyote company. I bet he loved it.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #9021
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quick side subject: anybody know of a good home irrigation timer? Ive been using "raindrip" brand but they die in 6 monthes!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #9022
Chuck az
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Quick side subject: anybody know of a good home irrigation timer? Ive been using "raindrip" brand but they die in 6 monthes!!!!
I use the Orbit Digital unit from Home Depot (not cheap). What really helped the life of the unit is moving the control box in the garage. I have had the same unit for 4 years with no problems.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #9023
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck az View Post
I use the Orbit Digital unit from Home Depot (not cheap). What really helped the life of the unit is moving the control box in the garage. I have had the same unit for 4 years with no problems.
Thanks. Im seeing other great reviews. I paid more for garbage sold here in wick. Just ordered a couple
Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #9024
Mattthirt33n
n00b

Oddometer: 1

Goodmorning everyone!!! im new to this forum and just bought a 2006
drz400sm. I would love to go on a ride soon and you have me very interested in your group meets. hopefully someone can guide me in the right path as to what I should do. thanks!
Mattthirt33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #9025
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattthirt33n View Post
drz400sm. I would love to go on a ride soon and you have me very interested in your group meets. hopefully someone can guide me in the right path as to what I should do. thanks!
Welcome!!!
First thing you should do is make sure the bike runs. Then fuel it up...thenmake sure your gear is in order.......then......I would highly suggest a practice run, check out "nw pheonix photo tag" get the current tag and bring it closer to wickenburg, because no ADVrider wants to ride to far.......
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #9026
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Hey no fair recruiting the new guy to do your dirty work! Just for that, I'm gonna move it to Apache Junction!

DurtKlod screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 01:07 PM
DurtKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #9027
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattthirt33n View Post
Group meetings.......... There are no group meetings on this thread, just an old thread that refuses to die. When they did have some group meetings, they would have donuts, a cup of coffee, ride to the end of the block and call it a day. I am serious, I went to two of the meet ups. After the first one I thought it was an off riding day so I tried another. I also talked to a guy that went to two of them and he said they don't ride after filling the bellies with donuts............ True story.

Here is a group of riders that will probably let you join up. I would speak to the grand marshall CrashDBad.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630889

Sorry guys, but I had to get the truth out...............

But, they do at times have some interesting chatter that you can tune into. Sometimes someone will cross a link to this post for a ride as well.

refokus screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 02:59 PM
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #9028
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
Group meetings.......... There are no group meetings on this thread, just an old thread that refuses to die. When they did have some group meetings, they would have donuts, a cup of coffee, ride to the end of the block and call it a day. I am serious, I went to two of the meet ups. After the first one I thought it was an off riding day so I tried another. I also talked to a guy that went to two of them and he said they don't ride after filling the bellies with donuts............ True story.

Sorry guys, but I had to get the truth out...............

But, they do at times have some interesting chatter that you can tune into. Sometimes someone will cross a link to this post for a ride as well.
Just started a new thread... N.W. of Phoenix ADV Riders
Perhaps it will replace this "Old Thread That Will Not Die"
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #9029
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
When they did have some group meetings, they would have donuts, a cup of coffee, ride to the end of the block and call it a day. I
and when they felt adventurous they would ride all the way up to carefree for coffee and a burro. on the extra special occasion that would be followed by a nice peppy 18mph ride to 7 springs and turn around at the first water crossing so as not to deflower the shiny farkles.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #9030
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
and when they felt adventurous they would ride all the way up to carefree for coffee and a burro. on the extra special occasion that would be followed by a nice peppy 18mph ride to 7 springs and turn around at the first water crossing so as not to deflower the shiny farkles.